Running in directory mode.

Hi. I just inherited an HP Pavilion running WIN 98. I don't have the
software, so I'm coming to all of you in the hopes that you can help me.

It's running in directory mode (i.e. like Win 3.x - no Start menu, no
desktop access, that sort of thing). I need to make it run in regular mode,
but I don't know how.

Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about running directory mode

    Open the C:\Windows\System.ini file with Notepad or Edit, or Sysedit. Under the
    [Boot] section, change the Shell= line to Shell=Explorer.exe
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Sarah81" <Sarah81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I just inherited an HP Pavilion running WIN 98. I don't have the
    > software, so I'm coming to all of you in the hopes that you can help me.
    >
    > It's running in directory mode (i.e. like Win 3.x - no Start menu, no
    > desktop access, that sort of thing). I need to make it run in regular mode,
    > but I don't know how.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

Microsoft Windows