Graphic card for dual monitors on a non-gaming system?

DBA_Diver

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Can someone give me a suggestion as to a graphics card which would allow me to run two monitors that won't break the bank? I was hoping for $100 or less. I don't need killer 3d performance because I don't play games. I do very little with video on the PC but every now and then will convert something from AVI to MPEG or something like that.

My system will be:
DFI nf4 Ultra-D motherboard
Opteron 165 CPU
2GB RAM

Thanks,
DBA_Diver

cleeve

Illustrious
What kind of monitors? DVI or VGA inputs?

Lots of budget cards out there have dual VGA inputs, fewer have dual DVI but they're out there.

If there's no gaming, get the cheapest card you can find with two outputs, it makes no difference.

I know cheap ATI cards have good display quality - a dual-vga output X300 would do the trick for you. They're probably your best bet unless you're running Linux, then go for an Nvidia card for the better Linux drivers, maybe a 6200.

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Almost every video card except ATI AIW's allow it. Most new cards come with a VGA and a DVI connector plus a dongle (adapter) for the DVI to allow 2 VGA outputs. On the nV side you might want to look at the 7300GS or 6600LE which are ~$100

TRENDING THREADS