Pc restarts after intial boot.............

This only happens sometimes but on occasion, after starting up once the
lovely windows music comes up my pc restarts, as if I had just pressed
control. alt and delete to restart. Any ideas.

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

This could be caused by defective hardware. If the restarts are truly
random, hardware is the cause.

I suggest that you try starting Windows in Safe Mode. If the problem
NEVER happens in Safe Mode, then the problem isvery likely caused by
software and you will need to diagnose the cause. If the problem
happens in Safe Mode as well, then you should suspect your hardware.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)