Unable To Open JPG Files In Explorer

I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a preview
pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my photo
software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device, path
or file is denied."
Thanks for
the help,

Dale
5 answers Last reply
More about unable open files explorer

    Have you tried reinstalling the photo software? And, by the way, what
    software is it?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a
    preview
    > pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my
    photo
    > software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device,
    path
    > or file is denied."
    > Thanks
    for
    > the help,
    >
    > Dale

    Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can open
    Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
    Dale

    > Have you tried reinstalling the photo software? And, by the way, what
    > software is it?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a
    > preview
    > > pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my
    > photo
    > > software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device,
    > path
    > > or file is denied."
    > > Thanks
    > for
    > > the help,
    > >
    > > Dale

    Re-installing it should fix the internal connection that causes the problem
    you have described. This problem is completely independent of the process
    you use when you open a file from within the application.

    MGI Photo Suite is a very poor quality product. You should consider a
    decent viewer such as
    www.irfanview.com
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can open
    > Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
    > Dale

    Reinstalled and working fine. Thanks. Tried irfanview, not as flexible.
    Could not crop, not as easy to reduce resolution for e-mail transmission.
    Dale

    "Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
    > Re-installing it should fix the internal connection that causes the
    problem
    > you have described. This problem is completely independent of the process
    > you use when you open a file from within the application.
    >
    > MGI Photo Suite is a very poor quality product. You should consider a
    > decent viewer such as
    > www.irfanview.com
    > --
    > Jeff Richards
    > MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can
    open
    > > Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
    > > Dale

    You didn't give it much of a try.

    To crop: Use mouse to outline chosen area > Edit > Crop (or Ctrl-Y.)

    Resizing is equally simple. So is saving in JPEG format with the usual
    quality/size controls.

    --

    > Reinstalled and working fine. Thanks. Tried irfanview, not as
    flexible.
    > Could not crop, not as easy to reduce resolution for e-mail
    transmission.
    > Dale
    >
    > "Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Re-installing it should fix the internal connection that causes the
    > problem
    > > you have described. This problem is completely independent of the
    process
    > > you use when you open a file from within the application.
    > >
    > > MGI Photo Suite is a very poor quality product. You should consider
    > > decent viewer such as
    > > www.irfanview.com
    > > --
    > > Jeff Richards
    > > MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > > "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > > Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I
    can
    > open
    > > > Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
    > > > Dale

Explorer Windows