Unable To Open JPG Files In Explorer

I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a preview
pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my photo
software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device, path
or file is denied."
Thanks for
the help,

Dale

Have you tried reinstalling the photo software? And, by the way, what
software is it?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a
preview
> pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my
photo
> software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device,
path
> or file is denied."
> Thanks
for
> the help,
>
> Dale

Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can open
Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
Dale

> Have you tried reinstalling the photo software? And, by the way, what
> software is it?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I have my photos stored on the hard drive and when I click on one a
> preview
> > pops up. Until recently, a double click would open the file using my
> photo
> > software. Now I receive an error message, "Access to specified device,
> path
> > or file is denied."
> > Thanks
> for
> > the help,
> >
> > Dale

Re-installing it should fix the internal connection that causes the problem
you have described. This problem is completely independent of the process
you use when you open a file from within the application.

MGI Photo Suite is a very poor quality product. You should consider a
decent viewer such as
www.irfanview.com
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can open
> Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
> Dale

Reinstalled and working fine. Thanks. Tried irfanview, not as flexible.
Could not crop, not as easy to reduce resolution for e-mail transmission.
Dale

"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
> Re-installing it should fix the internal connection that causes the
problem
> you have described. This problem is completely independent of the process
> you use when you open a file from within the application.
>
> MGI Photo Suite is a very poor quality product. You should consider a
> decent viewer such as
> www.irfanview.com
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "DALE Allen" <radiodale@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Software is MGI Photo Suite. Did not try to reinstall it since I can
open
> > Photo Suite and view these same jpg files within the program.
> > Dale

You didn't give it much of a try.

To crop: Use mouse to outline chosen area > Edit > Crop (or Ctrl-Y.)

Resizing is equally simple. So is saving in JPEG format with the usual
quality/size controls.