Wondering about wizard...

A short while ago when I installed win98se back over itself to sort out
a sound cock up, my basic internet wizard thingy has been replaced with
an msm thingy. The pc I'm refering to isn't online at present but has
been with it's previous owner. Now when I go to properties within
internet explorer, set up, the wizard cannot be found. I don't want the
stupid msn set up thing. I would like my internet wizard thingy back.
Any ideas.

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

HAGGIS

"PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1kjxo1@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message

> A short while ago when I installed win98se back over itself to sort out
> a sound cock up, my basic internet wizard thingy has been replaced with
> an msm thingy. The pc I'm refering to isn't online at present but has
> been with it's previous owner. Now when I go to properties within
> internet explorer, set up, the wizard cannot be found. I don't want the
> stupid msn set up thing. I would like my internet wizard thingy back.
> Any ideas.
>

> --
> PSYCHOPIXIE

IIRC go to control panel >internet options>connections ..and click on setup

that should give you the screen you're looking for

"PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1kjxo1@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message

> A short while ago when I installed win98se back over itself to sort out
> a sound cock up, my basic internet wizard thingy has been replaced with
> an msm thingy. The pc I'm refering to isn't online at present but has
> been with it's previous owner. Now when I go to properties within
> internet explorer, set up, the wizard cannot be found. I don't want the
> stupid msn set up thing. I would like my internet wizard thingy back.
> Any ideas.

Try Start => Programs => Accessories => Communications

The Internet Connection Wizard shortcut is normally listed there,
pointing to the target

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe"

Do a find on: icwconn1.exe and double click it. If it is missing,
extract a copy from your W98 CD.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98