Error Meessages

System has been locking up occassionaly and I have been having to restart,
everything seemed okay. This last time when went to restart system rebooted
to the point of loading Windows 98 then gave the following:
"While initializing device IOS:
Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load .\iosubsys subdirectory is
corrupt."
Is there anything I can try or do I need to have someone look at my system.
2 answers Last reply
More about error meessages

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/
    Henri Leboeuf's IOS articles.

    Here is what I get at
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "While Initializing Device IOS"; Windows 98; Exact Phrase; Full
    Text.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263466&Product=w98
    Error Message: Initializing Device IOS Windows Protection Error
    (263466) - When you start your computer, you may receive the following
    error message: Initializing Device IOS: Windows Protection Error When
    you try to restart your computer in Safe mode, you may receive the same
    error message.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311108&Product=w98
    Error Message: While Initializing Device IOS an I/O Subsystem Driver
    Failed to Load...
    (311108) - When you attempt to start Windows, you may receive the
    following error message: While initializing device IOS, an I/O subsystem
    driver failed to load. Either a file in the IOSubsys subdirectory is
    corrupt or the system is low on memory.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;268084&Product=w98
    Error Message When You Start with More Than 2 Floppy Disk Drives
    (268084) - When you try to start your computer, Windows may stop
    responding (hang), and you may receive the following error message:
    While initializing device IOS: Windows protection error. You need to
    restart your computer.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | System has been locking up occassionaly and I have been having to
    restart,
    | everything seemed okay. This last time when went to restart system
    rebooted
    | to the point of loading Windows 98 then gave the following:
    | "While initializing device IOS:
    | Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load .\iosubsys subdirectory
    is
    | corrupt."
    | Is there anything I can try or do I need to have someone look at my
    system.

    See here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311108

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Brigetr@yahoo.com" <Brigetr@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:7DA6912D-C920-40AE-A28D-D0F14926C718@microsoft.com...
    > System has been locking up occassionaly and I have been having to
    restart,
    > everything seemed okay. This last time when went to restart system
    rebooted
    > to the point of loading Windows 98 then gave the following:
    > "While initializing device IOS:
    > Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load .\iosubsys subdirectory
    is
    > corrupt."
    > Is there anything I can try or do I need to have someone look at my
    system.

Microsoft Windows