NO SOUND WMP

I have Windows Media 9 and there is no sound why?
Solomon

But with Real there is sound why?
Solomon
"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows Media 9 and there is no sound why?
> Solomon

What are you doing to create the sound? For instance, are you playing a
file in Media Player? If so, what sort of file is it? Have you confirmed
that it is a sound file and that it is not corrupted? What happens when you
try to play it? Is there an error message? For instance, is there a
message about trying to download and install a Codec for the file?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Media 9 and there is no sound why?
> Solomon

Anything that I try to play a CD or like C-span on the internet I will not
get sound ,but when I play a Cd before it starts I get a message Error
downloading codec, I am wondering also why it needs to download when playing
a CD?
Solomon
"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
> What are you doing to create the sound? For instance, are you playing a
> file in Media Player? If so, what sort of file is it? Have you confirmed
> that it is a sound file and that it is not corrupted? What happens when
you
> try to play it? Is there an error message? For instance, is there a
> message about trying to download and install a Codec for the file?
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows Media 9 and there is no sound why?
> > Solomon

This site has information about the error message you are receiving:
http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/11303.aspx
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> Anything that I try to play a CD or like C-span on the internet I will not
> get sound ,but when I play a Cd before it starts I get a message Error
> downloading codec, I am wondering also why it needs to download when
> playing
> a CD?
> Solomon

Thank you very much. I reinstalled DirectX as advised in that website and it
solved my problem.
> This site has information about the error message you are receiving:
> http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/11303.aspx
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Anything that I try to play a CD or like C-span on the internet I will
not
> > get sound ,but when I play a Cd before it starts I get a message Error
> > downloading codec, I am wondering also why it needs to download when
> > playing
> > a CD?
> > Solomon

Thanks for letting us know that you got it sorted out.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)