X800XL or 6800gt?

X800XL = £200
6800GT = £260ish

whats the best for FS2004? Speed and quality wise? IE i want all the bars at
max (except maybe clouds?). with AFx16 and AAx2 (min x4 would be nicer) @
1280x1024

From most tests ive seen the X800XL is better in the games i play (much to
the discust of Nvidia fanboys), however i cant really find a comparison
showing there speeds in FS2004.

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

    I faced the same choice recently and I chose the x800 xl.
    It was about $75 dollars cheaper and it did not require a power connector
    like the gt. I wish I could give a comparison to the gt but I can't. I did
    read many graphics card reviews and the two cards appear to be comparable.
    The xl does perform quite well in msfs and myst IV and uru and a few other
    games I play. I love it and think it is definitely one of the best bangs
    for the buck out there

    "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
    > X800XL = £200
    > 6800GT = £260ish
    >
    > whats the best for FS2004? Speed and quality wise? IE i want all the bars
    > at
    > max (except maybe clouds?). with AFx16 and AAx2 (min x4 would be nicer) @
    > 1280x1024
    >
    > From most tests ive seen the X800XL is better in the games i play (much to
    > the discust of Nvidia fanboys), however i cant really find a comparison
    > showing there speeds in FS2004.
    >

    > --
    > From Adam Webb, Overlag
    > www.tacticalgamer.com
    > CS:SOURCE server now active :D

    i went mad and brought a 7800gtx instead..... No partying for a month for
    me.....

    --
    From Adam Webb, Overlag

    @
    > > 1280x1024
    > >
    > > From most tests ive seen the X800XL is better in the games i play (much
    > > the discust of Nvidia fanboys), however i cant really find a comparison
    > > showing there speeds in FS2004.
    > >

    > > --
    > > From Adam Webb, Overlag
    > > www.tacticalgamer.com
    > > CS:SOURCE server now active :D

    Nice! What kind of settings can you run MSFS now versus before? That looks
    like a killer card. What are the power requirements like?

    >i went mad and brought a 7800gtx instead..... No partying for a month for
    > me.....

    I'm sure the GTX will do just fine. I have to run my monitor at
    1920x1200 which slowed stuff down with my previous card (5900XT OC)
    But my x800xl does just fine at 1920x 1200 and with AA and AF enabled,
    I get pretty good frame rates. I'm still playing around with my new
    setup tweaking stuff, but I'm very happy with everything.
    Roy

    > Nice! What kind of settings can you run MSFS now versus before? That
    looks
    > like a killer card. What are the power requirements like?

    its not here yet, i should be up and running by friday.. :-)

    as of now i have:

    AMD X2 4400
    Asus A8V deluxe (dying)
    1gig ram
    9700pro.

    I run at 1280x1024x32 AFx2 and AAx2. All sliders maxed out in game, weather
    is at min quality though, those clouds really hurt. I also have FS global
    which is a mesh for the whole world.

    I average 20-30 fps. 10fps in bad weather, even with the clouds so poor
    looking.

    Once i get my
    Asus A8N premium and Asus 7800gtx im hoping it will stay in the 50-60fps
    range with everything turned up

    --
    From Adam Webb, Overlag
    www.tacticalgamer.com
    CS:SOURCE server now active :D

    ok this is great. although them clouds still hurt alittle bit.

    I tweaked my FS9.cfg file for better looking ground as well

    everything maxed out in FS, including clouds. I think they set at 60miles
    instead of 80miles though. 1280x1024x32 AFx2, AAx2.
    60-75fps
    really bad weather 30-40fps
    so ive basicaly doubled my fps, with a massive increase in quality too! :-)

    Im still testing things. AF for instance makes one of my games go really
    blury. in FS2004 it can be used at 16x fine. AAx2 so far. AAx8 is great but
    again it makes one of my other games blury. I will have to set profiles i
    think

    --
    From Overlag - Adam Webb

    <Dakota650r@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sure the GTX will do just fine. I have to run my monitor at
    > 1920x1200 which slowed stuff down with my previous card (5900XT OC)
    > But my x800xl does just fine at 1920x 1200 and with AA and AF enabled,
    > I get pretty good frame rates. I'm still playing around with my new
    > setup tweaking stuff, but I'm very happy with everything.
    > Roy

Internet Explorer Games Microsoft Video Games