Font selection for DOS box

When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
you get an option to select which font to use.
How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
that will be used when printing, but, these new
fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
Thanks, littleberry
15 answers Last reply
More about font selection

    I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different fonts in DOS?

    "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    : you get an option to select which font to use.
    : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    : Thanks, littleberry

    Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets" (Livingston/Straub), &
    see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console. Well,
    I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will make
    Courier New available to a DOS box.

    But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to that
    box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's enough
    for me!

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different fonts in
    DOS?

    | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    | : Thanks, littleberry

    There are a handful of applications I still use occassionally that are
    DOS based, and run either in a raw MSDOS reboot, or, a dos box under
    windows. One is a good programmer's editor (SPF), which can be a
    strain on the eyes in a dos box if you only get a small window and
    fonts. Under a msdos reboot, you get the whole screen using 25 lines
    with the standard old dos font. Using a dos box under windows, it
    defaults to a puny little "boxette" with teeninsie fonts. I can
    change the font size all the way up to 12X20, which is fine for
    1024X768, but, I am planning on going to 1200X1600, and I would like
    to keep using a dos box and get somthing like 14X16 or 15X16. I was
    just hoping windows would have given the user additional options here,
    but, I guess they didn't do that. I looked at win2000 and winxp, and
    they are even worse with even fewer font options. bumer. Thanks for
    the responses. littleberry

    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message news:<OMvgteeGFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
    > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets" (Livingston/Straub), &
    > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console. Well,
    > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will make
    > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    >
    > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to that
    > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's enough
    > for me!
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different fonts in
    > DOS?
    > |
    > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    > | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    > | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    > | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    > | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    > | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    > | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    > | : Thanks, littleberry

    Well feel free to write to Microsoft about why they still need true DOS mode
    and how they made the wrong choice by going with NT because it is based on a
    DOS shell and not true DOS like 98SE.

[...]
    :
    :
    :
    : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets" (Livingston/Straub), &
    : > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console. Well,
    : > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will make
    : > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    : >
    : > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to that
    : > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's enough
    : > for me!
    : >
    : >
    : > --
    : > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > should things get worse after this,
    : > PCR
    : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > news:Ob9MJoWGFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : > | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different fonts in
    : > DOS?
    : > |
    : > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    : > | news:bd00fe19.0502171030.55e629e7@posting.google.com...
    : > | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    : > | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    : > | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    : > | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    : > | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    : > | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    : > | : Thanks, littleberry
    : > |
    : > |

    You are welcome. Have you tried highlighting the font? You may need to
    add into Config.sys...

    DEVICEHIGH=C:\Windows\Command\ANSI.SYS

    ....Put it under any other DEVICE lines. (Naturally, it won't work, if
    you have no ANSI.SYS in that folder.)

    Then, in Autoexec.bat...

    SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G

    ....put somewhere at bottom should do it. "START button, Run, SysEdit"
    for easy access to both files. See pp. 1110-1112 of the
    Livingston/Straub book for more.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | There are a handful of applications I still use occassionally that are
    | DOS based, and run either in a raw MSDOS reboot, or, a dos box under
    | windows. One is a good programmer's editor (SPF), which can be a
    | strain on the eyes in a dos box if you only get a small window and
    | fonts. Under a msdos reboot, you get the whole screen using 25 lines
    | with the standard old dos font. Using a dos box under windows, it
    | defaults to a puny little "boxette" with teeninsie fonts. I can
    | change the font size all the way up to 12X20, which is fine for
    | 1024X768, but, I am planning on going to 1200X1600, and I would like
    | to keep using a dos box and get somthing like 14X16 or 15X16. I was
    | just hoping windows would have given the user additional options here,
    | but, I guess they didn't do that. I looked at win2000 and winxp, and
    | they are even worse with even fewer font options. bumer. Thanks for
    | the responses. littleberry

    | > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets" (Livingston/Straub),
    &
    | > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console.
    Well,
    | > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will
    make
    | > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    | >
    | > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to
    that
    | > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's
    enough
    | > for me!
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | > | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different fonts
    in
    | > DOS?
    | > |
    | > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | > | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    | > | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    | > | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    | > | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    | > | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    | > | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    | > | : Thanks, littleberry
    | > |
    | > |

    | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G

    Make that...

    SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$P$G

    "P" (instead of "N") to show the Path in the Prompt, instead of just the
    drive letter.

    --
    | You are welcome. Have you tried highlighting the font? You may need to
    | add into Config.sys...
    |
    | DEVICEHIGH=C:\Windows\Command\ANSI.SYS
    |
    | ...Put it under any other DEVICE lines. (Naturally, it won't work, if
    | you have no ANSI.SYS in that folder.)
    |
    | Then, in Autoexec.bat...
    |
    | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G
    |
    | ...put somewhere at bottom should do it. "START button, Run, SysEdit"
    | for easy access to both files. See pp. 1110-1112 of the
    | Livingston/Straub book for more.
    |

    | --
    | Thanks or Good Luck,
    | There may be humor in this post, and,
    | Naturally, you will not sue,
    | should things get worse after this,
    | PCR
    | pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | | There are a handful of applications I still use occassionally that
    are
    | | DOS based, and run either in a raw MSDOS reboot, or, a dos box under
    | | windows. One is a good programmer's editor (SPF), which can be a
    | | strain on the eyes in a dos box if you only get a small window and
    | | fonts. Under a msdos reboot, you get the whole screen using 25
    lines
    | | with the standard old dos font. Using a dos box under windows, it
    | | defaults to a puny little "boxette" with teeninsie fonts. I can
    | | change the font size all the way up to 12X20, which is fine for
    | | 1024X768, but, I am planning on going to 1200X1600, and I would like
    | | to keep using a dos box and get somthing like 14X16 or 15X16. I was
    | | just hoping windows would have given the user additional options
    here,
    | | but, I guess they didn't do that. I looked at win2000 and winxp,
    and
    | | they are even worse with even fewer font options. bumer. Thanks
    for
    | | the responses. littleberry
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | | > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets"
    (Livingston/Straub),
    | &
    | | > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console.
    | Well,
    | | > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will
    | make
    | | > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    | | >
    | | > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to
    | that
    | | > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's
    | enough
    | | > for me!
    | | >

    | | > --
    | | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | | > should things get worse after this,
    | | > PCR
    | | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | | > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | in
    | | > DOS?
    | | > |
    | | > |
    | | > |

    I will be looking for the livingston/straub book - thanks for the tip. littleberry

    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message news:<emFstkjGFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> [...]
    > | | windows. One is a good programmer's editor (SPF), which can be a
    > | | strain on the eyes in a dos box if you only get a small window and
    > | | fonts. Under a msdos reboot, you get the whole screen using 25
    > lines
    > | | with the standard old dos font. Using a dos box under windows, it
    > | | defaults to a puny little "boxette" with teeninsie fonts. I can
    > | | change the font size all the way up to 12X20, which is fine for
    > | | 1024X768, but, I am planning on going to 1200X1600, and I would like
    > | | to keep using a dos box and get somthing like 14X16 or 15X16. I was
    > | | just hoping windows would have given the user additional options
    > here,
    > | | but, I guess they didn't do that. I looked at win2000 and winxp,
    > and
    > | | they are even worse with even fewer font options. bumer. Thanks

    It is a great book. I hear they have even a newer version than mine that
    includes information especially for Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition. I
    may buy this newer version. I have not decided yet because I have the older
    version.

[...]
    : > | --
[...]
    : > | |
    : > | |
    : > | |
    : > | | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > | news:<OMvgteeGFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
    : > | | > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets"
    : > (Livingston/Straub),
    : > | &
    : > | | > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida Console.
    : > | Well,
    : > | | > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS will
    : > | make
    : > | | > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    : > | | >
    : > | | > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font to
    : > | that
    : > | | > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, & that's
    : > | enough
    : > | | > for me!
    : > | | >
    : > | | >
    : > | | > --
    : > | | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > | | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > | | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > | | > should things get worse after this,
    : > | | > PCR
    : > | | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > | | > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > | | > news:Ob9MJoWGFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : > | | > | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different
    : > fonts
    : > | in
    : > | | > DOS?
    : > | | > |
    : > | | > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    : > | | > | news:bd00fe19.0502171030.55e629e7@posting.google.com...
    : > | | > | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    : > | | > | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    : > | | > | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    : > | | > | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    : > | | > | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    : > | | > | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    : > | | > | : Thanks, littleberry
    : > | | > |
    : > | | > |
    : > |
    : > |

    You are welcome. Somewhere in it may actually be the answer you seek,
    but it is not easily located. (Can it be you just need a new .fon file
    in Fonts\? Or do you need an updated Dosapp.fon?)

    Just brighten the text for now. OK, bye.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | I will be looking for the livingston/straub book - thanks for the tip.
    littleberry

    | > | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G
    | >
    | > Make that...
    | >
    | > SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$P$G
    | >
    | > "P" (instead of "N") to show the Path in the Prompt, instead of just
    the
    | > drive letter.
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | > | You are welcome. Have you tried highlighting the font? You may
    need to
    | > | add into Config.sys...
    | > |
    | > | DEVICEHIGH=C:\Windows\Command\ANSI.SYS
    | > |
    | > | ...Put it under any other DEVICE lines. (Naturally, it won't work,
    if
    | > | you have no ANSI.SYS in that folder.)
    | > |
    | > | Then, in Autoexec.bat...
    | > |
    | > | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G
    | > |
    | > | ...put somewhere at bottom should do it. "START button, Run,
    SysEdit"
    | > | for easy access to both files. See pp. 1110-1112 of the
    | > | Livingston/Straub book for more.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > | There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > | Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > | should things get worse after this,
    | > | PCR
    | > | pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    | > are
    | > lines
    | > here,
    | > and
    Thanks
    | > for
    | > | |
    | > | |
    | > | |
    | > (Livingston/Straub),
    | > | &
    Console.
    | > | Well,
    | > | make

    | > | that
    | > | enough

    | > fonts
    | > | in
    | > | | > |
    | > | | > |
    | > | | > |
    | > |
    | > |

    PCR, do you know anything about the same book updated with information for
    98SE? I am trying to say do you know how much or what the book publisher
    added?

    : You are welcome. Somewhere in it may actually be the answer you seek,
    : but it is not easily located. (Can it be you just need a new .fon file
    : in Fonts\? Or do you need an updated Dosapp.fon?)
    :
    : Just brighten the text for now. OK, bye.
    :
    :
    : --
    : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : should things get worse after this,
    : PCR
    : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    : news:bd00fe19.0502240746.514f7d3b@posting.google.com...
    : | I will be looking for the livingston/straub book - thanks for the tip.
    : littleberry
    : |
    : |
    : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : news:<emFstkjGFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    : | > | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G
    : | >
    : | > Make that...
    : | >
    : | > SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$P$G
    : | >
    : | > "P" (instead of "N") to show the Path in the Prompt, instead of just
    : the
    : | > drive letter.
    : | >
    : | >
    : | > --
    : | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : | > should things get worse after this,
    : | > PCR
    : | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : | > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | > news:uU6t7fjGFHA.3072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : | > | You are welcome. Have you tried highlighting the font? You may
    : need to
    : | > | add into Config.sys...
    : | > |
    : | > | DEVICEHIGH=C:\Windows\Command\ANSI.SYS
    : | > |
    : | > | ...Put it under any other DEVICE lines. (Naturally, it won't work,
    : if
    : | > | you have no ANSI.SYS in that folder.)
    : | > |
    : | > | Then, in Autoexec.bat...
    : | > |
    : | > | SET WINPMT=$e[0;40;37;1m$N$G
    : | > |
    : | > | ...put somewhere at bottom should do it. "START button, Run,
    : SysEdit"
    : | > | for easy access to both files. See pp. 1110-1112 of the
    : | > | Livingston/Straub book for more.
    : | > |
    : | > |
    : | > | --
[...]
    : | > | |
    : | > | |
    : | > | |
    : | > | | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | > | news:<OMvgteeGFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
    : | > | | > Turn to page 1072 of your "Windows 98 Secrets"
    : | > (Livingston/Straub),
    : | > | &
    : | > | | > see whether you can figure what it is saying about Lucida
    : Console.
    : | > | Well,
    : | > | | > I hesitate to try it, but it says moving that one away in DOS
    : will
    : | > | make
    : | > | | > Courier New available to a DOS box.
    : | > | | >
    : | > | | > But I see nothing else in the book easily that can add a font
    : | > | that
    : | > | | > box. It does say there are 25 fonts already available, &
    : that's
    : | > | enough
    : | > | | > for me!
    : | > | | >
    : | > | | >
    : | > | | > --
    : | > | | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : | > | | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : | > | | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : | > | | > should things get worse after this,
    : | > | | > PCR
    : | > | | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : | > | | > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : | > | | > news:Ob9MJoWGFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : | > | | > | I hope someone is able to help you but why do want different
    : | > fonts
    : | > | in
    : | > | | > DOS?
    : | > | | > |
    : | > | | > | "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
    : | > | | > | news:bd00fe19.0502171030.55e629e7@posting.google.com...
    : | > | | > | : When you run the command promt under win98SE/me/2000/XP,
    : | > | | > | : you get an option to select which font to use.
    : | > | | > | : How can I ADD more fonts to that selection?
    : | > | | > | : The one I need is not offered. I can ADD fonts
    : | > | | > | : that will be used when printing, but, these new
    : | > | | > | : fonts don't show up as options for the DOS box.
    : | > | | > | : Thanks, littleberry
    : | > | | > |
    : | > | | > |
    : | > |
    : | > |
    :
    :

    "Windows 98 Secrets" by Brian Livingston & Davis Straub, Copyright 1998,
    is all I know. But I'm fairly sure I've seen it mention SE inside, w/o
    drawing a great distinction that I can recall.

    --
    | PCR, do you know anything about the same book updated with information
    for
    | 98SE? I am trying to say do you know how much or what the book
    publisher
    | added?

    ....snip

    I just noticed a while back that the book had a tag on the book jacket that
    said this edition has now been updated to include information on Microsoft
    Windows 98 Second Edition. I now wish I had stopped to examine the book but
    I sadly did not.

[...]
    : ...snip
    :
    :

    Let that be your assignment, then. Mine just has a tag saying 2.5
    million of these was sold. Also, PC World is quoted: "Worth its (sic)
    weight in gold!" I guess two of them would be worth double! Be sure to
    tell Colorado.

    --
    | I just noticed a while back that the book had a tag on the book jacket
    that
    | said this edition has now been updated to include information on
    Microsoft
    | Windows 98 Second Edition. I now wish I had stopped to examine the
    book but
    | I sadly did not.

    | : "Windows 98 Secrets" by Brian Livingston & Davis Straub, Copyright
    1998,
    | : is all I know. But I'm fairly sure I've seen it mention SE inside,
    w/o
    | : drawing a great distinction that I can recall.
    | :
    | : --
    | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : should things get worse after this,
    | : PCR
    | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : news:uUGMZIyGFHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | : | PCR, do you know anything about the same book updated with
    information
    | : for
    | : | 98SE? I am trying to say do you know how much or what the book
    | : publisher
    | : | added?
    | : |
    | : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | news:ejbrjdqGFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | : ...snip
    | :
    | :

    What do you mean by being sure to tell Bill.

[...]
    : | :
    : | : --
    : | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : | : should things get worse after this,
    : | : PCR
    : | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : | : news:uUGMZIyGFHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : | : | PCR, do you know anything about the same book updated with
    : information
    : | : for
    : | : | 98SE? I am trying to say do you know how much or what the book
    : | : publisher
    : | : | added?
    : | : |
    : | : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | : | news:ejbrjdqGFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : | : ...snip
    : | :
    : | :
    : |
    : |
    :
    :

    Tell him how much you value that book & that 2.5 million people value
    it.

    "Worth its (sic) weight in gold!"

    Wait a minute. That "its" is probably right, after all.

    --
    | What do you mean by being sure to tell Bill.

    | : Let that be your assignment, then. Mine just has a tag saying 2.5
    | : million of these was sold. Also, PC World is quoted: "Worth its
    (sic)
    | : weight in gold!" I guess two of them would be worth double! Be sure
    | : tell Colorado.
    | :
    | : --
    | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : should things get worse after this,
    | : PCR
    | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : news:%23OJNSABHFHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | : | I just noticed a while back that the book had a tag on the book
    jacket
    | : that
    | : | said this edition has now been updated to include information on
    | : Microsoft
    | : | Windows 98 Second Edition. I now wish I had stopped to examine
    the
    | : book but
    | : | I sadly did not.
    | : |
    | : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | news:Omjzbo3GFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | : | : "Windows 98 Secrets" by Brian Livingston & Davis Straub,
    Copyright
    | : 1998,
    | : | : is all I know. But I'm fairly sure I've seen it mention SE
    inside,
    | : w/o
    | : | : drawing a great distinction that I can recall.
    | : | :
    | : | : --
    | : | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : | : should things get worse after this,
    | : | : PCR
    | : | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : | : news:uUGMZIyGFHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | : | : | PCR, do you know anything about the same book updated with
    | : information
    | : | : for
    | : | : | 98SE? I am trying to say do you know how much or what the
    book
    | : | : publisher
    | : | : | added?
    | : | : |
    | : | : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | : | news:ejbrjdqGFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | : | : ...snip
    | : | :
    | : | :
    | : |
    | : |
    | :
    | :

DOS Font Command Prompt Microsoft Windows