missing drivers mobo "07/20/1999 i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00" ..

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
February 17, 2005 3:35:18 PM

This may not be the place and hope you can bear with me.
Just reinstalled my 2nd pc with w98se , and in the DM,
"Other devices"- PCI Multi media Audio Device,
-PCI Universal Serial Device

The pc only have Serial mouse, Serial Kb, (56k modem -driver installed)
Looking at the mobo, "07/20/1999 i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00" and "BIOS-N-4M
(90720)",

there is this chip with markings "intel FW82801AA, L9281A61,SL3MA,Intel'98"
another chip with markings "Intel R819 FW82810 L133IC30,SL35X,Intel'98"
another chip with markings " EM96AD, LM2638M"
anotrher chip with markings " VS936AJ, NSC98, MEGATRENDS PC873631 BW\VLA.

Download from http://downloadfinder2.intel.com/sc...7.zip&ProductID
and install the intel graphic drivers. Under "Sound video and game
controllers" tree - it has Gameport Joystick,MPU-401 Compatible.

Just wondering from the above link,beside the graphic, there are also 2
other folders namely
1/ vbios815em with sub folder "aim"
2/ vbios81x with sub folders a/ "aim" b/"aimless"
anyone who have experience with this mobo, please explain and specifiically
how can I resolve the drivers for 'Other Devices" .......................
many thanks.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:30:51 PM

I'm coming up with conflicting results for the mobo.
To better identify the motherboard, manufacturer, BIOS, CPU , yada yada,
download/install/run the free Everest home edition.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This may not be the place and hope you can bear with me.
> Just reinstalled my 2nd pc with w98se , and in the DM,
> "Other devices"- PCI Multi media Audio Device,
> -PCI Universal Serial Device
>
> The pc only have Serial mouse, Serial Kb, (56k modem -driver installed)
> Looking at the mobo, "07/20/1999 i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00" and "BIOS-N-4M
> (90720)",
>
> there is this chip with markings "intel FW82801AA,
> L9281A61,SL3MA,Intel'98"
> another chip with markings "Intel R819 FW82810 L133IC30,SL35X,Intel'98"
> another chip with markings " EM96AD, LM2638M"
> anotrher chip with markings " VS936AJ, NSC98, MEGATRENDS PC873631 BW\VLA.
>
> Download from http://downloadfinder2.intel.com/sc...7.zip&ProductID
> and install the intel graphic drivers. Under "Sound video and game
> controllers" tree - it has Gameport Joystick,MPU-401 Compatible.
>
> Just wondering from the above link,beside the graphic, there are also 2
> other folders namely
> 1/ vbios815em with sub folder "aim"
> 2/ vbios81x with sub folders a/ "aim" b/"aimless"
> anyone who have experience with this mobo, please explain and
> specifiically
> how can I resolve the drivers for 'Other Devices" .......................
> many thanks.

February 17, 2005 11:45:02 PM

Many thanks for your response.
In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
-
MPU-401 Compitable
I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
4/ Video - a whole list

When I look under Physical Devices:
-under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

-under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
Compatible

So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
b)MPU-401 Compatible

and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA

"Brian A." wrote:

> I'm coming up with conflicting results for the mobo.
> To better identify the motherboard, manufacturer, BIOS, CPU , yada yada,
> download/install/run the free Everest home edition.
> http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>

> --
>
> Brian A.

> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This may not be the place and hope you can bear with me.
> > Just reinstalled my 2nd pc with w98se , and in the DM,
> > "Other devices"- PCI Multi media Audio Device,
> > -PCI Universal Serial Device
> >
> > The pc only have Serial mouse, Serial Kb, (56k modem -driver installed)
> > Looking at the mobo, "07/20/1999 i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00" and "BIOS-N-4M
> > (90720)",
> >
> > there is this chip with markings "intel FW82801AA,
> > L9281A61,SL3MA,Intel'98"
> > another chip with markings "Intel R819 FW82810 L133IC30,SL35X,Intel'98"
> > another chip with markings " EM96AD, LM2638M"
> > anotrher chip with markings " VS936AJ, NSC98, MEGATRENDS PC873631 BW\VLA.
> >
> > Download from http://downloadfinder2.intel.com/sc...7.zip&ProductID
> > and install the intel graphic drivers. Under "Sound video and game
> > controllers" tree - it has Gameport Joystick,MPU-401 Compatible.
> >
> > Just wondering from the above link,beside the graphic, there are also 2
> > other folders namely
> > 1/ vbios815em with sub folder "aim"
> > 2/ vbios81x with sub folders a/ "aim" b/"aimless"
> > anyone who have experience with this mobo, please explain and
> > specifiically
> > how can I resolve the drivers for 'Other Devices" .......................
> > many thanks.

February 18, 2005 3:01:02 AM

Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look further in
its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown, the model.
This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax Integrated Digital
Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any, for the
Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that motherboard, and
may require a board-specific driver installation.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many thanks for your response.
> In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
> -
> MPU-401 Compitable
> I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
> I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
> 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
> 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
> 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
> 4/ Video - a whole list
>
> When I look under Physical Devices:
> -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
> SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
>
> -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
> Compatible
>
> So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
> a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> b)MPU-401 Compatible
>
> and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
> pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA
>

> "Brian A." wrote:
>
> > I'm coming up with conflicting results for the mobo.
> > To better identify the motherboard, manufacturer, BIOS, CPU , yada yada,
> > download/install/run the free Everest home edition.
> > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
> >

> > --
> >
> > Brian A.
> >
> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > This may not be the place and hope you can bear with me.
> > > Just reinstalled my 2nd pc with w98se , and in the DM,
> > > "Other devices"- PCI Multi media Audio Device,
> > > -PCI Universal Serial Device
> > >
> > > The pc only have Serial mouse, Serial Kb, (56k modem -driver installed)
> > > Looking at the mobo, "07/20/1999 i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00" and "BIOS-N-4M
> > > (90720)",
> > >
> > > there is this chip with markings "intel FW82801AA,
> > > L9281A61,SL3MA,Intel'98"
> > > another chip with markings "Intel R819 FW82810 L133IC30,SL35X,Intel'98"
> > > another chip with markings " EM96AD, LM2638M"
> > > anotrher chip with markings " VS936AJ, NSC98, MEGATRENDS PC873631 BW\VLA.
> > >
> > > Download from http://downloadfinder2.intel.com/sc...7.zip&ProductID
> > > and install the intel graphic drivers. Under "Sound video and game
> > > controllers" tree - it has Gameport Joystick,MPU-401 Compatible.
> > >
> > > Just wondering from the above link,beside the graphic, there are also 2
> > > other folders namely
> > > 1/ vbios815em with sub folder "aim"
> > > 2/ vbios81x with sub folders a/ "aim" b/"aimless"
> > > anyone who have experience with this mobo, please explain and
> > > specifiically
> > > how can I resolve the drivers for 'Other Devices" .......................
> > > many thanks.

February 18, 2005 3:01:03 AM

Many thanks for your response. Info obtained as follows:-

mobo ID : 07/20/1999-i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00
mobo name: PCPartner BSMS3-C872

FSB Properties
Bus type : Intel GTL+
bus width : 64 bit
Real clock : 67 Mhz
Effective clock : 67 Mhz
Bandwidth : 533 MB/s

Chipset Bus properties Bus type -Intel Hub Interface
Bus width- 8-bit

mobo Manufacturer-PC Partner LTD
prod info: http://www.pcpartner.com/products/motherboards.htm
Bios download: http:/www.pcpartner.com/support/bios.htm

BIOS PROPERTIES
BIOS type: Award Modular
Award BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS message : BIOS-N-4M (90720)
System BIOS date: 07/20/99
video BIOS date: 06/23/19

BIOS upgrade: http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?referredid=...

Hope this is of some help in solving my problem and look forward for your
continued support,TIA

"glee" wrote:

> Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look further in
> its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown, the model.
> This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax Integrated Digital
> Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any, for the
> Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that motherboard, and
> may require a board-specific driver installation.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Many thanks for your response.
> > In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
> > -
> > MPU-401 Compitable
> > I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
> > I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
> > 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
> > 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
> > 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
> > 4/ Video - a whole list
> >
> > When I look under Physical Devices:
> > -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
> > SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> >
> > -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
> > Compatible
> >
> > So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
> > a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > b)MPU-401 Compatible
> >
> > and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
> > pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA
> >

> > "Brian A." wrote:
> >
> > > I'm coming up with conflicting results for the mobo.
> > > To better identify the motherboard, manufacturer, BIOS, CPU , yada yada,
> > > download/install/run the free Everest home edition.
> > > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Brian A.
> > >
> > > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

February 18, 2005 7:53:02 PM

glee,

can you please help me out here, TIA

"glee" wrote:

> Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look further in
> its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown, the model.
> This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax Integrated Digital
> Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any, for the
> Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that motherboard, and
> may require a board-specific driver installation.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Many thanks for your response.
> > In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
> > -
> > MPU-401 Compitable
> > I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
> > I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
> > 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
> > 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
> > 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
> > 4/ Video - a whole list
> >
> > When I look under Physical Devices:
> > -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
> > SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> >
> > -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
> > Compatible
> >
> > So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
> > a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > b)MPU-401 Compatible
> >
> > and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
> > pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA
> >

> > "Brian A." wrote:
> >
> > > I'm coming up with conflicting results for the mobo.
> > > To better identify the motherboard, manufacturer, BIOS, CPU , yada yada,
> > > download/install/run the free Everest home edition.
> > > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Brian A.
> > >
> > > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:06:16 PM

For starters you have an Intel 810 processor. If you are not using any
expansion cards and your sound and video are integrated you can get the
drivers from Intel here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_resul...*+98+SE&submit=Go%21

or use this link if the other breaks.
http://tinyurl.com/63zut

From what I find the PCPartners mobo with the i810 uses AC '97 audio.
Make sure that your devices are integrated and Intel before
downloading/installing the drivers. You can download a chipset identifier
from Intel to double check. If in any doubt or you have any questions,
please ask and we will help out with what we can.

--

> Many thanks for your response. Info obtained as follows:-
>
> mobo ID : 07/20/1999-i810-NS366-6A69MV39C-00
> mobo name: PCPartner BSMS3-C872
>
> FSB Properties
> Bus type : Intel GTL+
> bus width : 64 bit
> Real clock : 67 Mhz
> Effective clock : 67 Mhz
> Bandwidth : 533 MB/s
>
> Chipset Bus properties Bus type -Intel Hub Interface
> Bus width- 8-bit
>
> mobo Manufacturer-PC Partner LTD
> prod info: http://www.pcpartner.com/products/motherboards.htm
> Bios download: http:/www.pcpartner.com/support/bios.htm
>
> BIOS PROPERTIES
> BIOS type: Award Modular
> Award BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
> Award BIOS message : BIOS-N-4M (90720)
> System BIOS date: 07/20/99
> video BIOS date: 06/23/19
>
> BIOS upgrade: http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?referredid=...
>
> Hope this is of some help in solving my problem and look forward for your
> continued support,TIA
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
>> Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look
>> further in
>> its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown,
>> the model.
>> This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax
>> Integrated Digital
>> Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any,
>> for the
>> Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that
>> motherboard, and
>> may require a board-specific driver installation.
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Many thanks for your response.
>> > In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
>>
>> > -
>> > MPU-401 Compitable
>> > I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
>> > I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it
>> > has
>> > 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
>> > 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
>> > 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
>> > 4/ Video - a whole list
>> >
>> > When I look under Physical Devices:
>> > -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31,
>> > Function 5
>> > SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
>> >
>> > -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
>> > Compatible
>> >
>> > So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
>> > a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
>> > b)MPU-401 Compatible
>> >
>> > and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one
>> > pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:51:11 PM

A little patience, Ian....I have to work for a living. My last reply to you here
was at midnight my time, since which time I have gotten 5 hours sleep; been at work
for 9 and a half hours, where I do some rather heavy physical work; gotten dinner,
done dishes, fed the dog.....and am just now sitting in front of a computer for the
first time since midnight last night. Now I have to research your info.

Have you researched any of the info you have gotten from Everest, re: your
motherboard manufacturer?
--

> glee,
>
> can you please help me out here, TIA
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
> > Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look
further in
> > its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown, the
model.
> > This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax Integrated
Digital
> > Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any, for the
> > Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that motherboard,
and
> > may require a board-specific driver installation.
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Many thanks for your response.
> > > In the DM under Sound,video and game controllers - Gamesport Joystick
> > > -
> > > MPU-401 Compitable
> > > I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
> > > I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
> > > 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
> > > 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
> > > 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
> > > 4/ Video - a whole list
> > >
> > > When I look under Physical Devices:
> > > -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
> > > SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > >
> > > -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
> > > Compatible
> > >
> > > So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
> > > a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > > b)MPU-401 Compatible
> > >
> > > and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
> > > pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA

February 19, 2005 12:29:02 AM

Glen and Brian,
I apologise for my impatience and many thanks for your guidance. Inside the
pc, there are no expansion cards except the dial up modem and the usb ports
(in the PCI slot)
I have downloaded from
http://www.pcpartner.com.hk/support/utility/81x_drv.htm... item AD1881
and now I can play the CD from the Accessories/Entertainment.

Earlier I downloaded from
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_resul...*+98+SE&submit=Go%21
-the graphic driver (item 1 and 2) and the display looks good.

In the DM, there is still the "Other devices" - PCI Universal Serial Bus

I wonder has it got to do with kb as under kb-its std 101/102 key or ms nat kb
but the kb I am using has a big round solid connector.
Under the mouse-its " std serial mouse " which is what I am using (similar
to monitor adaptor)

When I look into PCI UNI BUS properties/resources, its says there is no
conflict and there is no word " IRQ"

The media player is the original one that comes with w98se and since the
mobo is so old, just wondering if I should download media player 7.1 and item
22 from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?Display...
(guess I do not have to remove the old version if I decide to download MP 7.1)

Guess, better to sort out the mystery "PCI Universal Bus' first. Is there
such a thing "driver forthe the USB"? Many thanks for your help.

"glee" wrote:

> A little patience, Ian....I have to work for a living. My last reply to you here
> was at midnight my time, since which time I have gotten 5 hours sleep; been at work
> for 9 and a half hours, where I do some rather heavy physical work; gotten dinner,
> done dishes, fed the dog.....and am just now sitting in front of a computer for the
> first time since midnight last night. Now I have to research your info.
>
> Have you researched any of the info you have gotten from Everest, re: your
> motherboard manufacturer?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > glee,
> >
> > can you please help me out here, TIA
> >
> > "glee" wrote:
> >
> > > Everest will also show you the identity of the motherboard....please look
> further in
> > > its output, and post back with the motherboard manufacturer and if shown, the
> model.
> > > This will allow you to locate the proper driver for the SoundMax Integrated
> Digital
> > > Audio on that board. Also, it will help in locating the drivers if any, for the
> > > Universal Serial device....which is likely the USB header on that motherboard,
> and
> > > may require a board-specific driver installation.
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >
> > > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 1:12:19 AM

Ian,
This appears to be the manual for your motherboard:
http://www.pcpartner.com.hk/support/man/intel/c87201.pd...
Please look through it and let us know if it matches what you have. Also, check if
you have any PCI cards besides the modem installed in any slots on the board. If
not, it would appear that you have the AC97 integrated audio, and integrated video.
As you can see from the info on page 9 of the manual, there was a CD that came with
the board, which contained the needed drivers for sound, video, and USB. I assume
that you do not have the original CD with the drivers on it?

There are drivers listed here:
http://www.pcpartner.com.hk/support/utility/81x_drv.htm...
that appear to be for the family of motherboards yours is in. It is likely that you
would use the Intel Chipsets Driver: Intel INF Installation Utility listed there,
following the guidelines shown on page 9 of the manual mentioned above.
I don't know which, if any, of the AC97 drivers listed there would be the correct
one for your board.....perhaps Brian has an idea on that.

I am going to go check his links now......
--
> [...]

> > > MPU-401 Compitable
> > > I also do the Windows Update and there is nothing there.
> > > I also run Everbest v.1.51 and shows the following: under multimedia it has
> > > 1/ Windows Audio - midi in/out Roland MPU-401
> > > 2/PCI/PnP-SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, MPU-401 Compatible
> > > 3/Audio Codecs - a whole list
> > > 4/ Video - a whole list
> > >
> > > When I look under Physical Devices:
> > > -under PCI device tree its has a speaker logo Bus 0, Device 31, Function 5
> > > SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > >
> > > -under PnP device tree- it also have the speaker logo PnP8006 MPU-401
> > > Compatible
> > >
> > > So, Do I look for these 2 drivers, namely
> > > a)SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
> > > b)MPU-401 Compatible
> > >
> > > and when I do a search thre are so many and I just know know ehich one to
> > > pick, some of them need to pay for it. So hope you can guide me.TIA

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:00:15 AM

> IOW stands for?.

In Other Words.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:41:03 PM

According to the linked manual you provide, provided it is the proper manual
it states:
<quote>
On-Board I/O

Support two PCI enhanced IDEs PIO mode 3, mode 4 and ultra DMA 33 channels
(Optional ultra DMA 66 & ultra DMA 66 Cable). Twin headers for four IDE
devices Including IDE HDDs and CDROMs.

One ECP/EPP parallel port .

Two 16550A UART serial ports.

One floppy port support two FDDs of 360KB, 720KB, 1.2MB, 1.44MB or 2.88MB.

Two USB ports.

PS/2 mouse port.

PS/2 keyboard port.

Infrared (IrDA) support.

</quote>

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 8:31:27 PM

Well, the OP wrote in an earlier reply:
"Only these 2 usb ports. IOW stands for?. Yes PCI card installed for 2 usb
ports because there is no usb ports built into the pc."
So, either the manual is the wrong one, or he isn't looking at the back of the
computer closely, because it shows an ATX mobo with two USB ports.
There seems to be some difficulty in this thread getting precise complete info.
--

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
news:o Kge4u3FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> According to the linked manual you provide, provided it is the proper manual
> it states:
> <quote>
> On-Board I/O
>
> Support two PCI enhanced IDEs PIO mode 3, mode 4 and ultra DMA 33 channels
> (Optional ultra DMA 66 & ultra DMA 66 Cable). Twin headers for four IDE
> devices Including IDE HDDs and CDROMs.
>
> One ECP/EPP parallel port .
>
> Two 16550A UART serial ports.
>
> One floppy port support two FDDs of 360KB, 720KB, 1.2MB, 1.44MB or 2.88MB.
>
> Two USB ports.
>
> PS/2 mouse port.
>
> PS/2 keyboard port.
>
> Infrared (IrDA) support.
>
> </quote>
>

> --
>
> Brian A.

> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

February 20, 2005 8:31:28 PM

I look behind and all round the pc, there are no otherusb ports besides the
ones on the CARD, so the manual must be wrong.

"glee" wrote:

> Well, the OP wrote in an earlier reply:
> "Only these 2 usb ports. IOW stands for?. Yes PCI card installed for 2 usb
> ports because there is no usb ports built into the pc."
> So, either the manual is the wrong one, or he isn't looking at the back of the
> computer closely, because it shows an ATX mobo with two USB ports.
> There seems to be some difficulty in this thread getting precise complete info.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> news:o Kge4u3FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > According to the linked manual you provide, provided it is the proper manual
> > it states:
> > <quote>
> > On-Board I/O
> >
> > Support two PCI enhanced IDEs PIO mode 3, mode 4 and ultra DMA 33 channels
> > (Optional ultra DMA 66 & ultra DMA 66 Cable). Twin headers for four IDE
> > devices Including IDE HDDs and CDROMs.
> >
> > One ECP/EPP parallel port .
> >
> > Two 16550A UART serial ports.
> >
> > One floppy port support two FDDs of 360KB, 720KB, 1.2MB, 1.44MB or 2.88MB.
> >
> > Two USB ports.
> >
> > PS/2 mouse port.
> >
> > PS/2 keyboard port.
> >
> > Infrared (IrDA) support.
> >
> > </quote>
> >

> > --
> >
> > Brian A.
> >
> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:05:33 PM

> Brian and Glee, I will write in the sequence of what I did as otherwise I
> will get lost.
>
> PCI USB card has ALi M5273 A1, 0402 7505, CK468291000B.

The latest driver I could find Is ver. 2.1.9 and I have it available for
you at:
I have scanned the file for any virus and it came up clean yet you may want
to do the same before running it on your machine.
http://home.comcast.net/~bascon58/inq_results1.htm

> There is no dirver disc for the CARD. (Its says during the installation,
> when ask for 98se cd, then insert which is what I did but it says it
> cannot
> find the driver.)
>
> When I take the CARD out of the pc, in the DM, Under UNI Serial BC
> tree-there is no ALiPCI to USB Open Host Controller. But when I fix the
> CARD
> into the pc, it ask for the driver and as there is no disc, I let it pass
> and
> when I check the DM again, the ALi PCI appears under the UniSBcontrollers
> tree. I assume that the CARD has found the driver, is that correct as
> there
> is no 'Other devices" or question marks?

It may be possible the drivers are installed by the sounds of it.

> The VideoCAM manual did not say much.What you see in the manual over there
> website is exactly what I have, just a couple of sentences.
>
> It says to install the drivers before connecting the VideoCAM. This is
> exactly what I did and after that I connect the VideoCAM and it start
> asking
> for the missing file.
> The first missing file is "iyuv_32.dll" and when I insert the 98cd, it
> just
> could not find it. The Start/search/find/folder/*cab - dont seems to find
> the "iyuv_32.dll' file. Suppose, it must be zip in one of the CAB.
> It say type in the correct path which I type "d' or "d:\window(s)\ but
> still
> it cannot find the file.

The path needs to be D:\Win98, that's where the CAB fies are on the Windows
CD. If you still have trouble than the problem would be that you don't have
a Zip program such as WinZip. You can download the trial version (21 days
here or search for an alternative Zip program on the web:
http://www.winzip.com/downwzeval.htm

> If I click, "skid the files", it will then say another missing file and
> ask
> the 98cd insert etc. (suppose the VideoCAM will also not function in the
> end)

My guess would be no. The files it needs are probably for the video cam and
not USB.

> I only have 1 hd with 1 partition and the CDRom Drive is 'd'
> and there is no on-board USB. The 2 usb ports are onthe CARD which must be
> configure individually (just wonder How)

You're positive of this? You don't see 2 sockets on the back of the
computer that look like the ones on the card?

> *cab-contents all are zip files and I suppose the missing file such as
> iyuv_32.dll is in somewhere. Search fo 'c' or 'd' does not show anything.
> Do
> we ahve to unzip first?

See above on proper path.

> I suppose if I can find the correct path to the missing file, it could
> work
> then... but how to................ TIA
>
> (waiting for a response from the manufacturer to see if it work in usb
> 1.1,
> which I think it should since as Glen also mentioned from its
> specification,
> its interface is usb 2 & usb 1.1)

Glen is correct.

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:09:32 AM

There may be two onboard USB ports--missing the cables and jacks that
actually let you use them. To Ian: Ports are not jacks. Don't confuse
the two terms.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
news:o ymkuF7FFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I only have 1 hd with 1 partition and the CDRom Drive is 'd'
> > and there is no on-board USB. The 2 usb ports are onthe CARD which
must be
> > configure individually (just wonder How)
>
> You're positive of this? You don't see 2 sockets on the back of the
> computer that look like the ones on the card?
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:27:00 AM

Well, that's the manual for what was reported. Perhaps Everest identified the board
wrong....there's a first time for everything. I'd be more inclined to believe
PCPartner misidentified the board. We may never know....
--

news:D 57DF60B-9C7C-43B6-BE50-5FBA0DC57597@microsoft.com...
> I look behind and all round the pc, there are no otherusb ports besides the
> ones on the CARD, so the manual must be wrong.
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
> > Well, the OP wrote in an earlier reply:
> > "Only these 2 usb ports. IOW stands for?. Yes PCI card installed for 2 usb
> > ports because there is no usb ports built into the pc."
> > So, either the manual is the wrong one, or he isn't looking at the back of the
> > computer closely, because it shows an ATX mobo with two USB ports.
> > There seems to be some difficulty in this thread getting precise complete info.
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > news:o Kge4u3FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > > According to the linked manual you provide, provided it is the proper manual
> > > it states:
> > > <quote>
> > > On-Board I/O
> > >
> > > Support two PCI enhanced IDEs PIO mode 3, mode 4 and ultra DMA 33 channels
> > > (Optional ultra DMA 66 & ultra DMA 66 Cable). Twin headers for four IDE
> > > devices Including IDE HDDs and CDROMs.
> > >
> > > One ECP/EPP parallel port .
> > >
> > > Two 16550A UART serial ports.
> > >
> > > One floppy port support two FDDs of 360KB, 720KB, 1.2MB, 1.44MB or 2.88MB.
> > >
> > > Two USB ports.
> > >
> > > PS/2 mouse port.
> > >
> > > PS/2 keyboard port.
> > >
> > > Infrared (IrDA) support.
> > >
> > > </quote>
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Brian A.
> > >
> > > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:28:47 AM

On an ATX mobo?
--

> There may be two onboard USB ports--missing the cables and jacks that
> actually let you use them. To Ian: Ports are not jacks. Don't confuse
> the two terms.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> news:o ymkuF7FFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I only have 1 hd with 1 partition and the CDRom Drive is 'd'
> > > and there is no on-board USB. The 2 usb ports are onthe CARD which
> must be
> > > configure individually (just wonder How)
> >
> > You're positive of this? You don't see 2 sockets on the back of the
> > computer that look like the ones on the card?

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:28:48 AM

I've got a Gigabyte 7VTXE KT266 DDR system (from Ascent) sitting right
here that has both, actually: Two jacks soldered to the board and in the
usual place near PS/2 parallel port, etc., and a couple of jacks in a
card-slot holder that plug into the board at the opposite corner. (It's
the one that got fried and has given me such heartburn trying to
replace, at least temporarily.) I assume the usual intention is for
those to supply a front panel.

I saw a whitebox build a while back (my Dad is in the habit of searching
for *real* barebones (and *real* cheap) systems to replace old
single-duty DOS boxes for the local newspaper) that had a similar
layout, but they hadn't bothered to add the header in the usual place.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> On an ATX mobo?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> > There may be two onboard USB ports--missing the cables and jacks
that
> > actually let you use them. To Ian: Ports are not jacks. Don't
confuse
> > the two terms.
> >
> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> >
> > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > news:o ymkuF7FFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > must be
> > >
> > > You're positive of this? You don't see 2 sockets on the back of
the
> > > computer that look like the ones on the card?

February 21, 2005 3:59:01 AM

Anything on VideoCAM and CARD, I deleted in DM and reboot. Next new hware,
CARD found and just 'Next' to 'finish' the installation as they cannot locate
the driver since there is no disc for this CARD.
(CAM drivers already install in pc)

Then plug in the CAM and found new hware, VidecCAM and ask for 98se cd. and
'CLICK OK' and give a message "iyuv_32.dll in 98se cannot be found. Insert
CD and click ok. There is a dialogue box, copy this from
c:\windows\camsetup
and obviously they cannot find it, Click 'NEXT' it will go ahead and said
found new hware 'WebCAM' and ask for 98se cd.click 'NEXT' cant find
'ijuv_32.dll file on Windows, insert 98se cd ..... click 'cancel' and it will
give you foun fd new hware and 'jyuv_32.dll in Windows cannot be found. and
if you click cancel, it just give you missing file which they cannot find
file.

One thing I noticed is the CDROM d: drive it never change from 98SE label to
VideCAM label when you change the disc. Does this seems right? Dont know what
can I do next except that VideoCAM is backward compitable (confirmation by
manufacturer).............am sure someone must have experience this odd
situation help please TIA

"glee" wrote:

> Well, that's the manual for what was reported. Perhaps Everest identified the board
> wrong....there's a first time for everything. I'd be more inclined to believe
> PCPartner misidentified the board. We may never know....
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 57DF60B-9C7C-43B6-BE50-5FBA0DC57597@microsoft.com...
> > I look behind and all round the pc, there are no otherusb ports besides the
> > ones on the CARD, so the manual must be wrong.
> >
> > "glee" wrote:
> >
> > > Well, the OP wrote in an earlier reply:
> > > "Only these 2 usb ports. IOW stands for?. Yes PCI card installed for 2 usb
> > > ports because there is no usb ports built into the pc."
> > > So, either the manual is the wrong one, or he isn't looking at the back of the
> > > computer closely, because it shows an ATX mobo with two USB ports.
> > > There seems to be some difficulty in this thread getting precise complete info.
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > > news:o Kge4u3FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:54:02 PM

Those are headers for front ports, and the boards still have the ports soldered to
the board also, as all ATX boards I have ever seen. The OP is saying he has *no*
soldered-on integral USB ports, and that is why he added a PCI USB card. Yet, he
identifies the mobo as an ATX model whose manual shows the usual integrated USB
ports soldered on. So, I am having a hard time in this thread determining what is
actually there and what board he actually has. :-\
--

> I've got a Gigabyte 7VTXE KT266 DDR system (from Ascent) sitting right
> here that has both, actually: Two jacks soldered to the board and in the
> usual place near PS/2 parallel port, etc., and a couple of jacks in a
> card-slot holder that plug into the board at the opposite corner. (It's
> the one that got fried and has given me such heartburn trying to
> replace, at least temporarily.) I assume the usual intention is for
> those to supply a front panel.
>
> I saw a whitebox build a while back (my Dad is in the habit of searching
> for *real* barebones (and *real* cheap) systems to replace old
> single-duty DOS boxes for the local newspaper) that had a similar
> layout, but they hadn't bothered to add the header in the usual place.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User

> > On an ATX mobo?
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > There may be two onboard USB ports--missing the cables and jacks
> that
> > > actually let you use them. To Ian: Ports are not jacks. Don't
> confuse
> > > the two terms.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gary S. Terhune
> > > MS MVP Shell/User
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> > >
> > > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > > news:o ymkuF7FFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> which
> > > must be

> the

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:58:47 PM

Have you read and followed the suggestions I made in my reply of February 20 in this
thread to your earlier response (21KB message)? It does not appear that you have,
so I will re-post it here:

<paste>

Replies inline, below.....***

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Brian and Glee, I will write in the sequence of what I did as otherwise I
> will get lost.
>
> PCI USB card has ALi M5273 A1, 0402 7505, CK468291000B.

***That's a USB 2.0 card

> There is no dirver disc for the CARD. (Its says during the installation,
> when ask for 98se cd, then insert which is what I did but it says it cannot
> find the driver.)

***There should have been a driver disc to install the USB 2.0 functionality.

> When I take the CARD out of the pc, in the DM, Under UNI Serial BC
> tree-there is no ALiPCI to USB Open Host Controller. But when I fix the CARD
> into the pc, it ask for the driver and as there is no disc, I let it pass and

***Exactly what do you mean by "let it pass"?

> when I check the DM again, the ALi PCI appears under the UniSBcontrollers
> tree. I assume that the CARD has found the driver, is that correct as there
> is no 'Other devices" or question marks?

***The "Other Devices" listing for Serial Bus Controller that you had earlier is not
there now? What you see depends on what you mean when you say you "let it pass".
You are given the option during the dialog asking for the driver, to click Finish or
Cancel. One of those options will put the item in Other Devices, and one will not
install any driver, if you did not point it to a file , folder or disk when it asked
for one. If you chose the latter option, and that is what you mean by "let it pass"
then no, there won't be an entry in Other Devices. However, when you reboot, it
will detect it again and ask for a driver again. Is that what is happening?

What you should do is start in Safe Mode, open Device Manager there, and remove ALL
entries under Universal serial Bus Controller and under Other Devices, then click OK
and restart in normal mode. Windows will detect the USB Controller and should also
detect the second one that you were seeing in Other Devices. If this occurs, you
can click Finish, then install the Ali USB 2.0 drivers from here:
ftp://ftp.aliusa.com/driver/AliEHCI_152.zip

> The VideoCAM manual did not say much.What you see in the manual over there
> website is exactly what I have, just a couple of sentences.
>
> It says to install the drivers before connecting the VideoCAM. This is
> exactly what I did and after that I connect the VideoCAM and it start asking
> for the missing file.
> The first missing file is "iyuv_32.dll" and when I insert the 98cd, it just
> could not find it. The Start/search/find/folder/*cab - dont seems to find
> the "iyuv_32.dll' file. Suppose, it must be zip in one of the CAB.
> It say type in the correct path which I type "d' or "d:\window(s)\ but still
> it cannot find the file.

***You didn't follow Brian's instructions correctly.
Start> Find> Files or Folders: In the Named box, type *.cab, in the Containing Text
box, type the name of the file you need, such as iyuv_32.dll. In the Look In box,
click Browse, and navigate to the Win98 folder on the CD, such as D:\Win98. Click
Find Now. The .cab file containing that file will appear....in this case, on my
Win98SE CD, Driver12.cab. Double-click the .cab file to open it, and extract the
file you need to a temporary folder such as C:\Windows\Temp. Do this for all the
files it says it cannot find. Then re-run the VideoCam installer, and point to the
files in the Temp folder when it asks for them.
--

news:D 511C357-8142-4DC0-8153-30BEFEEDE7A6@microsoft.com...
> Anything on VideoCAM and CARD, I deleted in DM and reboot. Next new hware,
> CARD found and just 'Next' to 'finish' the installation as they cannot locate
> the driver since there is no disc for this CARD.
> (CAM drivers already install in pc)
>
> Then plug in the CAM and found new hware, VidecCAM and ask for 98se cd. and
> 'CLICK OK' and give a message "iyuv_32.dll in 98se cannot be found. Insert
> CD and click ok. There is a dialogue box, copy this from
> c:\windows\camsetup
> and obviously they cannot find it, Click 'NEXT' it will go ahead and said
> found new hware 'WebCAM' and ask for 98se cd.click 'NEXT' cant find
> 'ijuv_32.dll file on Windows, insert 98se cd ..... click 'cancel' and it will
> give you foun fd new hware and 'jyuv_32.dll in Windows cannot be found. and
> if you click cancel, it just give you missing file which they cannot find
> file.
>
> One thing I noticed is the CDROM d: drive it never change from 98SE label to
> VideCAM label when you change the disc. Does this seems right? Dont know what
> can I do next except that VideoCAM is backward compitable (confirmation by
> manufacturer).............am sure someone must have experience this odd
> situation help please TIA
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
> > Well, that's the manual for what was reported. Perhaps Everest identified the
board
> > wrong....there's a first time for everything. I'd be more inclined to believe
> > PCPartner misidentified the board. We may never know....
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:D 57DF60B-9C7C-43B6-BE50-5FBA0DC57597@microsoft.com...
> > > I look behind and all round the pc, there are no otherusb ports besides the
> > > ones on the CARD, so the manual must be wrong.

February 21, 2005 10:13:03 PM

I dont know if this has gone thru, but will repost...sorry.............

Many thanks for all your help and I apologise for not following exactly all
what was been posted.

Brian (2/20/2005 5.08)- many thanks for the link
http://home.comcast.net/~bascon58/inq_results1.htm
on the driver(U2v2_1_9) and downloaded into a diskette. I used it but I
think I will not describe whats happen as I want to start afresh from Gray
posting (2/20/2005 9.12)

In safe mode, delete ALL under the Universal Serial Bus controllers
(including USB Root Hub) and "Other devices".
Reboot and detected the Intel 82801AA and found its drivers. Detected the
"AliPCI to USB Open Host Controller" and ask for driver.
Tried to download from below but unable to get to website.
ftp://ftp.aliusa.com/driver/AliEHCI_152.zip
(tried www.aliusa, no luck, check with ISP they cant get thru also)

So I go to safe mode again, download the U2v2_1_9 and install the driver (by
clicking on the icon). Then still in safe mode, I deleted ALL and related to
AliPCI (including the USB Root Hub )

AND reboot in normal. It found new hardware INTEL 808011AA and ask for 98
cd, found the drivers, next found
"AliPCI to USB Open Host Controller"
click "NEXT", check the "Search for the best drivers for this (recommended)
click "NEXT' and give the 4 options
a/ FLOPPY b/CD ROM c/ Microsoft Windows Update d/ Specify a
location
Since I already install the U2v2_1_9, I click "NEXT"

and it ask "what do you want to install?
1/ The updated driver (recommended)
ALiPCI to USB Open Host Controller
2/ One of the other drivers

So choose option (1) and click "NEXT' AND GIVE THE LOCATION OF DRIVER
C:\WINDOWS\INF\USB.INF and click "NEXT"

'INSERT DISK"-please insert 98secd and click ok
then it says copying files ...."openhci.sys"
inthe copy this from: type in"d:\win98 - click ok,
screen appears and says ALiPCI to USB Open Host Controller-finish installing
the software.....
click "finish"

Then it goes thru a series of found new hard ware by itself and ask to
restart the pc.
Reboot in normal

Now, In DM, it shows the following :-

UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS
-ALi USB2.0 Enchanced Host Controller(with a yelloe exclamation mark)

UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS
-ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
-Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
-USB Root Hub
-USB Root Hub

Question: How come 2 entries of ALiPCI, has it got to do with U2v2_1_9?

and I will just pause here on the installation part and awaits any comments
from you all And
in the meantime will try to answer a few questions from the post.
Yes, I have winzip on desktop, which when you double click on it, it will
prompt you to "buy" or use "evaluation copy"

On the physical side,open the casing and there are no "usb"ports solder on
the mobo. What I have are the 2 on the CARD. The CARD manual says

"5273-2l USB HOST CONTROLLER (A)" - {{dont know why they have
the wide spacing before the word (A)}}

1.OVERVIEW
USB Port Features-is a true 32-bit PCI-Bus USB card. It support the
following I/O features
-Dual USB port(root hub and two down stream function ports)
-auto detect speedand connections of devices
-Integrated physical layer transceivers
-Normal and low power operating mode
-Fully PnP
-OHCI spec v1.0 register compatible
-USB specification V 1.1 compatible

Package Content:- a) The PCI USB Card, b) Installation Guide, c)
Waranty card
(pls note next page it the Hardware Installation and there also Installing
the Software Drivers (talk about inser 98se cd)

2.CONFIGURATION
The PCI USB CARD
It has a diagram and indicated 'USB PORT pin signal'
It did not say anything about I need to do/configure to mobo.

3.HARDWARE INSTALLATION - which I will skid
4. INSTALLING the Software drivers.
When you initially connect the USB Port, Windows will automatically
detect you have a new device and thus request the Windows 98CD. Follow the
step by step instruction how to install the software drivers.
STEP1- Below a 'picture' which of the "ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD' on the LHS.
On the RHS, a picture of heading "COPYING FILES"
step2-Insert cd when asked and click 'ok'
STEP3-If the default path to w98 directory on the CD-ROM is incorrect, you
will see (RHS picture) and type in the correct path to your CD-ROM and left
mouse click on the 'ok' button

5. USING YOUR PCI USB CARD.
Initializing USB Devices-When you first connect a USB device to your USB
port, Windows will automatically detect thepresence of the new hardware.It
will request software drivers.........

When you first install a new USB peripherial you need to install it on both
USB ports. The reason for this is so it can configure itself to each port so
it will know which USB port to communicate with. {end}

I know one of you have said "2" and should have a disc but there is non, SO
is this 1.1 or 2?

Once again, many thanks for staying and guide me.

+++++

"glee" wrote:

> [...]
> > give you foun fd new hware and 'jyuv_32.dll in Windows cannot be found. and
> > if you click cancel, it just give you missing file which they cannot find
> > file.
> >
> > One thing I noticed is the CDROM d: drive it never change from 98SE label to
> > VideCAM label when you change the disc. Does this seems right? Dont know what
> > can I do next except that VideoCAM is backward compitable (confirmation by
> > manufacturer).............am sure someone must have experience this odd
> > situation help please TIA
> >
> > "glee" wrote:
> >
> > > Well, that's the manual for what was reported. Perhaps Everest identified the
> board
> > > wrong....there's a first time for everything. I'd be more inclined to believe
> > > PCPartner misidentified the board. We may never know....

February 21, 2005 11:15:47 PM

All I can suggest is that I've seen barrel-bottom ATX boards without the
jacks having been soldered on (or perhaps the were removed?) Lord only
knows where they came from...

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

news:o OZBzUCGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Those are headers for front ports, and the boards still have the ports
soldered to
> the board also, as all ATX boards I have ever seen. The OP is saying
he has *no*
> soldered-on integral USB ports, and that is why he added a PCI USB
card. Yet, he
> identifies the mobo as an ATX model whose manual shows the usual
integrated USB
> ports soldered on. So, I am having a hard time in this thread
determining what is
> actually there and what board he actually has. :-\
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> > I've got a Gigabyte 7VTXE KT266 DDR system (from Ascent) sitting
right
> > here that has both, actually: Two jacks soldered to the board and in
the
> > usual place near PS/2 parallel port, etc., and a couple of jacks in
> > card-slot holder that plug into the board at the opposite corner.
(It's
> > the one that got fried and has given me such heartburn trying to
> > replace, at least temporarily.) I assume the usual intention is for
> > those to supply a front panel.
> >
> > I saw a whitebox build a while back (my Dad is in the habit of
searching
> > for *real* barebones (and *real* cheap) systems to replace old
> > single-duty DOS boxes for the local newspaper) that had a similar
> > layout, but they hadn't bothered to add the header in the usual
place.

> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> >
> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > On an ATX mobo?
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >
> > > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > that
> > confuse

> > which

> > the

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:44:37 AM

Glen,

I can't seem to get to the ftp site either at the moment, I will try other
ways tomorrow, yet if you have a way to get there and you email me the zip
file I can make it available to Ian.

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:51:21 AM

I can't get the link I gave you to work either, though it worked a month ago.
Sorry.
As for the method you followed, you installed the driver Brian gave you (U2v2_1_9),
and then removed all the USB items in Safe Mode AFTER that....so you removed what
you just installed. The instruction was to remove all in Safe Mode, then start in
normal mode, and let Windows detect, then after that install U2v2_1_9 to add the
USB 2.0 driver.

However, your documentation is saying the unit is NOT a USB 2.0 card, but only USB
1.1, though the only ALI USB cards I have had the misfortune to work with that had
that chipset were USB 2.0 cards. So, it appears that you USB PCI card may only be
USB 1.1.

Back to the Other Device then....if it is in fact NOT the USB 2.0 Enhanced
Controller, then it may be the USB header on your motherboard, which you are unaware
of, as there may not be any physical ports attached to the header. I have never
seen such a setup on any ATX motherboard, and the identity of your motherboard from
the info you gave is that it is an ATX board with integral USB ports. As this point
I have no idea what you actually have there, without seeing it.

Does the motherboard look like the schematic drawing in the manual I linked to
earlier?

> [...]
> > > CD and click ok. There is a dialogue box, copy this from
> > > c:\windows\camsetup
> > > and obviously they cannot find it, Click 'NEXT' it will go ahead and said
> > > found new hware 'WebCAM' and ask for 98se cd.click 'NEXT' cant find
> > > 'ijuv_32.dll file on Windows, insert 98se cd ..... click 'cancel' and it will
> > > give you foun fd new hware and 'jyuv_32.dll in Windows cannot be found. and
> > > if you click cancel, it just give you missing file which they cannot find
> > > file.
> > >
> > > One thing I noticed is the CDROM d: drive it never change from 98SE label to
> > > VideCAM label when you change the disc. Does this seems right? Dont know what
> > > can I do next except that VideoCAM is backward compitable (confirmation by
> > > manufacturer).............am sure someone must have experience this odd

February 22, 2005 2:54:56 AM

I hope I never see one..... ;-)

If you get a chance, check the latest replies from Ian and myself in this thread. I
have about given up trying to figure out what hardware is actually present.
%-P
--

> All I can suggest is that I've seen barrel-bottom ATX boards without the
> jacks having been soldered on (or perhaps the were removed?) Lord only
> knows where they came from...
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User

> news:o OZBzUCGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Those are headers for front ports, and the boards still have the ports
> soldered to
> > the board also, as all ATX boards I have ever seen. The OP is saying
> he has *no*
> > soldered-on integral USB ports, and that is why he added a PCI USB
> card. Yet, he
> > identifies the mobo as an ATX model whose manual shows the usual
> integrated USB
> > ports soldered on. So, I am having a hard time in this thread
> determining what is
> > actually there and what board he actually has. :-\
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > I've got a Gigabyte 7VTXE KT266 DDR system (from Ascent) sitting
> right
> > > here that has both, actually: Two jacks soldered to the board and in
> the
> > > usual place near PS/2 parallel port, etc., and a couple of jacks in
> > > card-slot holder that plug into the board at the opposite corner.
> (It's
> > > the one that got fried and has given me such heartburn trying to
> > > replace, at least temporarily.) I assume the usual intention is for
> > > those to supply a front panel.
> > >
> > > I saw a whitebox build a while back (my Dad is in the habit of
> searching
> > > for *real* barebones (and *real* cheap) systems to replace old
> > > single-duty DOS boxes for the local newspaper) that had a similar
> > > layout, but they hadn't bothered to add the header in the usual
> place.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gary S. Terhune
> > > MS MVP Shell/User
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> > > http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> > >
> > > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message

> > > that
> > > confuse

> > > which

> of
> > > the

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:59:29 AM

I already have the file from last month when I d'loaded it, and now I can't get
there either. I have a great dislike of ALI USB cards and drivers.

Your driver may be a better one anyway....in fact I am going to try it here on a
machine with an ALI USB 2.0 PCI card that does not work at all unless I remove the
USB 2.0 drivers and leave it as a USB 1.1 card, with an "Other Device" in DM for the
uninstalled Enhanced Controller.

If you read Ian's latest reply, the documentation for his card says it is only USB
1.1....I have only seen ALI USB 2.0 cards with that chipset, but that doesn't mean
anything. So, he may not need a driver at all.
:-\
--

> Glen,
>
> I can't seem to get to the ftp site either at the moment, I will try other
> ways tomorrow, yet if you have a way to get there and you email me the zip
> file I can make it available to Ian.
>
> --
>
> Brian A.

> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

February 22, 2005 2:59:30 AM

Glen ref 2/21/2005 8.54 quote

"As for the method you followed, you installed the driver Brian gave you
(U2v2_1_9),
and then removed all the USB items in Safe Mode AFTER that....so you removed
what you just installed" -------- allow to to clarify because U2v2_1_9 was in
the diskette, so I copy to the desktop and double click the icon. So I
believe for me to say "install the driver" may not be correct as I only load
into the pc. I hope I am right in saying that.
Comparing the diagram, does not look the same. Putting laying flat and the
front of the cpu as on my right,

TIA

inside from bottom up, 4 pci slot,1vga,2 ram slot, next cpu.
almost parallel to pci#4 and vga are the 3 connectors for the data cableS.

All the ports namely, serial mouse,speakers port,monitor port,and printer
port have cable connected to mobo. Then there is a big connectoe for the kb,
which is solder on mobo. pls note there is no vga card.
As for the power supply, there are 2 parallel rows , one for ATX and the
other for AT (currently using it, which itself are 2 smaller connectors).
The internal modem been taken out and all these while the modem is not fix
on. Other than that, there is no other usb ports except on the CARD. Cos
forgot to sat 1 hd and 1 cd rom.

I have
"glee" wrote:

> I already have the file from last month when I d'loaded it, and now I can't get
> there either. I have a great dislike of ALI USB cards and drivers.
>
> Your driver may be a better one anyway....in fact I am going to try it here on a
> machine with an ALI USB 2.0 PCI card that does not work at all unless I remove the
> USB 2.0 drivers and leave it as a USB 1.1 card, with an "Other Device" in DM for the
> uninstalled Enhanced Controller.
>
> If you read Ian's latest reply, the documentation for his card says it is only USB
> 1.1....I have only seen ALI USB 2.0 cards with that chipset, but that doesn't mean
> anything. So, he may not need a driver at all.
> :-\
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > Glen,
> >
> > I can't seem to get to the ftp site either at the moment, I will try other
> > ways tomorrow, yet if you have a way to get there and you email me the zip
> > file I can make it available to Ian.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Brian A.
> >
> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:13:08 AM

OK, that's an older AT mobo, and definitely not the one in the manual....so it has
not been correctly identified, and there are no onboard USB ports....though there
may well be a USB header on the mobo with no ports attached.

You should not need the driver Brian gave you, unless the PCI card USB ports are USB
2.0, and the docs say they are not.
--

> Glen ref 2/21/2005 8.54 quote
>
> "As for the method you followed, you installed the driver Brian gave you
> (U2v2_1_9),
> and then removed all the USB items in Safe Mode AFTER that....so you removed
> what you just installed" -------- allow to to clarify because U2v2_1_9 was in
> the diskette, so I copy to the desktop and double click the icon. So I
> believe for me to say "install the driver" may not be correct as I only load
> into the pc. I hope I am right in saying that.
> Comparing the diagram, does not look the same. Putting laying flat and the
> front of the cpu as on my right,
>
> TIA
>
> inside from bottom up, 4 pci slot,1vga,2 ram slot, next cpu.
> almost parallel to pci#4 and vga are the 3 connectors for the data cableS.
>
> All the ports namely, serial mouse,speakers port,monitor port,and printer
> port have cable connected to mobo. Then there is a big connectoe for the kb,
> which is solder on mobo. pls note there is no vga card.
> As for the power supply, there are 2 parallel rows , one for ATX and the
> other for AT (currently using it, which itself are 2 smaller connectors).
> The internal modem been taken out and all these while the modem is not fix
> on. Other than that, there is no other usb ports except on the CARD. Cos
> forgot to sat 1 hd and 1 cd rom.
>

> I have
> "glee" wrote:
>
> > I already have the file from last month when I d'loaded it, and now I can't get
> > there either. I have a great dislike of ALI USB cards and drivers.
> >
> > Your driver may be a better one anyway....in fact I am going to try it here on a
> > machine with an ALI USB 2.0 PCI card that does not work at all unless I remove
the
> > USB 2.0 drivers and leave it as a USB 1.1 card, with an "Other Device" in DM for
the
> > uninstalled Enhanced Controller.
> >
> > If you read Ian's latest reply, the documentation for his card says it is only
USB
> > 1.1....I have only seen ALI USB 2.0 cards with that chipset, but that doesn't
mean
> > anything. So, he may not need a driver at all.
> > :-\
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > > Glen,
> > >
> > > I can't seem to get to the ftp site either at the moment, I will try other
> > > ways tomorrow, yet if you have a way to get there and you email me the zip
> > > file I can make it available to Ian.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Brian A.
> > >
> > > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

February 22, 2005 10:13:09 AM

Lets say if I dont need the U2V2_1_9, then how do I remove this driver since
I have downloaded/install into the pc? There is nothing showing in add/remove.

As you know these are in DM
1/ UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS
-ALi USB2.0 Enchanced Host Controller(with a yelloe exclamation mark)

2/ UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS
-ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
-Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
-USB Root Hub
-USB Root Hub
Just tried, in safe mode, remove everything in (1)
and from (2) everything thing except Intel
and reboot. Upon reboot, everything cameback again.

TIA.

"glee" wrote:

> OK, that's an older AT mobo, and definitely not the one in the manual....so it has
> not been correctly identified, and there are no onboard USB ports....though there
> may well be a USB header on the mobo with no ports attached.
>
> You should not need the driver Brian gave you, unless the PCI card USB ports are USB
> 2.0, and the docs say they are not.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Glen ref 2/21/2005 8.54 quote
> >
> > "As for the method you followed, you installed the driver Brian gave you
> > (U2v2_1_9),
> > and then removed all the USB items in Safe Mode AFTER that....so you removed
> > what you just installed" -------- allow to to clarify because U2v2_1_9 was in
> > the diskette, so I copy to the desktop and double click the icon. So I
> > believe for me to say "install the driver" may not be correct as I only load
> > into the pc. I hope I am right in saying that.
> > Comparing the diagram, does not look the same. Putting laying flat and the
> > front of the cpu as on my right,
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > inside from bottom up, 4 pci slot,1vga,2 ram slot, next cpu.
> > almost parallel to pci#4 and vga are the 3 connectors for the data cableS.
> >
> > All the ports namely, serial mouse,speakers port,monitor port,and printer
> > port have cable connected to mobo. Then there is a big connectoe for the kb,
> > which is solder on mobo. pls note there is no vga card.
> > As for the power supply, there are 2 parallel rows , one for ATX and the
> > other for AT (currently using it, which itself are 2 smaller connectors).
> > The internal modem been taken out and all these while the modem is not fix
> > on. Other than that, there is no other usb ports except on the CARD. Cos
> > forgot to sat 1 hd and 1 cd rom.
> >

> > I have
> > "glee" wrote:
> >
> > > I already have the file from last month when I d'loaded it, and now I can't get
> > > there either. I have a great dislike of ALI USB cards and drivers.
> > >
> > > Your driver may be a better one anyway....in fact I am going to try it here on a
> > > machine with an ALI USB 2.0 PCI card that does not work at all unless I remove
> the
> > > USB 2.0 drivers and leave it as a USB 1.1 card, with an "Other Device" in DM for
> the
> > > uninstalled Enhanced Controller.
> > >
> > > If you read Ian's latest reply, the documentation for his card says it is only
> USB
> > > 1.1....I have only seen ALI USB 2.0 cards with that chipset, but that doesn't
> mean
> > > anything. So, he may not need a driver at all.
> > > :-\
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message

February 22, 2005 10:13:09 AM

Just having a closer look at the CARD manual and under W98SE DM, it says it
should show something like this under the UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER
-ALiPCI to USB Enchanced Host Controller
-ALiPCI to USB Open Host Controller (3 times)
-USB Root Hub (4 times)
-USB2.0 Root Hub
-VIA Tech (suppose this will be Intel in my case)

well, we have except its under 2 MAIN UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER
(Cos missing the USB2.0 Root Hub)

What a perplex CARD ///

"glee" wrote:

> OK, that's an older AT mobo, and definitely not the one in the manual....so it has
> not been correctly identified, and there are no onboard USB ports....though there
> may well be a USB header on the mobo with no ports attached.
>
> You should not need the driver Brian gave you, unless the PCI card USB ports are USB
> 2.0, and the docs say they are not.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Glen ref 2/21/2005 8.54 quote
> >
> > "As for the method you followed, you installed the driver Brian gave you
> > (U2v2_1_9),
> > and then removed all the USB items in Safe Mode AFTER that....so you removed
> > what you just installed" -------- allow to to clarify because U2v2_1_9 was in
> > the diskette, so I copy to the desktop and double click the icon. So I
> > believe for me to say "install the driver" may not be correct as I only load
> > into the pc. I hope I am right in saying that.
> > Comparing the diagram, does not look the same. Putting laying flat and the
> > front of the cpu as on my right,
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > inside from bottom up, 4 pci slot,1vga,2 ram slot, next cpu.
> > almost parallel to pci#4 and vga are the 3 connectors for the data cableS.
> >
> > All the ports namely, serial mouse,speakers port,monitor port,and printer
> > port have cable connected to mobo. Then there is a big connectoe for the kb,
> > which is solder on mobo. pls note there is no vga card.
> > As for the power supply, there are 2 parallel rows , one for ATX and the
> > other for AT (currently using it, which itself are 2 smaller connectors).
> > The internal modem been taken out and all these while the modem is not fix
> > on. Other than that, there is no other usb ports except on the CARD. Cos
> > forgot to sat 1 hd and 1 cd rom.
> >

> > I have
> > "glee" wrote:
> >
> > > I already have the file from last month when I d'loaded it, and now I can't get
> > > there either. I have a great dislike of ALI USB cards and drivers.
> > >
> > > Your driver may be a better one anyway....in fact I am going to try it here on a
> > > machine with an ALI USB 2.0 PCI card that does not work at all unless I remove
> the
> > > USB 2.0 drivers and leave it as a USB 1.1 card, with an "Other Device" in DM for
> the
> > > uninstalled Enhanced Controller.
> > >
> > > If you read Ian's latest reply, the documentation for his card says it is only
> USB
> > > 1.1....I have only seen ALI USB 2.0 cards with that chipset, but that doesn't
> mean
> > > anything. So, he may not need a driver at all.
> > > :-\
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 10:06:54 PM

Ill-formed message ID. testing to see if this one gets thru.

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> Glen,
>
> I can't seem to get to the ftp site either at the moment, I will try other
> ways tomorrow, yet if you have a way to get there and you email me the zip
> file I can make it available to Ian.
>
> --
>
> Brian A.

> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:09:05 AM

OK, that's a slightly more recent version of the driver I was trying to connect you
with, whose link would not work. It is a USB 2.0 driver for Win98SE.
I am very glad to hear that you seem to have it worked out, and the camera appears
to be functioning now. It sounds like things are detected correctly.....I would ask
for more details, but I'm not sure I want to know! ;-)

Good luck, and come back if you need more help (in a new thread....this one is too
long to continue).
--

> Firstly, I thank eveyone of you for your time and efforts. With all your
> guidance, its been sorted out now. Through this exercise, I learn quite a
> number of things which I dont quite understand previously. Downloaded from
> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driver...
> and still give 2 main USB tree (no exclamations marks). Install the VCAM
> driver and attached the uusb VCAM works very well. Thanks very much.

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:48:35 AM

You are XP-radioactive. That's why!

--