Epson R300-changing language?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 1, 2005 8:06:43 PM

I have an Epson R300 printer, which I use as a stand alone printer, i.e.-not
connected to the computer.
Somehow I managed to changed the language on the LCD monitor over to German,
does anyone know how to change it back to English?
I've looked in the operators manual and cannot find any reference for it.
Thanks for any help

Mike
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:40:37 PM

Well, I guess you'll just have to take some German lessons ;-)

Art

PS: Sorry to say, I looked through the whole 108 page service manual and
saw no mention of this. It may be a factory setting that is normally
only altered via their proprietary software, and something went weird on
you.

spurious wrote:

> I have an Epson R300 printer, which I use as a stand alone printer, i.e.-not
> connected to the computer.
> Somehow I managed to changed the language on the LCD monitor over to German,
> does anyone know how to change it back to English?
> I've looked in the operators manual and cannot find any reference for it.
> Thanks for any help
>
> Mike

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:31:10 PM

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> Well, I guess you'll just have to take some German lessons ;-)
>
> Art
>
> PS: Sorry to say, I looked through the whole 108 page service manual and
> saw no mention of this. It may be a factory setting that is normally only
> altered via their proprietary software, and something went weird on you.

He.He, thanks for the reply.
I too have read the manual and like you, can't find any reference to
changing the language.
However, I do remember when I first took the printer out of the box, I had
an option to set the language on the first boot, this option is no longer
available.
Is there a reset button somewhere on the printer?
Pressing this may bring the language option back, but if there is, I can't
find it!!!
There must be a way, as I said, I have managed to change it from English to
German!
thanks

Mike
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:49:12 PM

I cannot find any reset. Usually with Epsons you hold down some front
buttons while starting it to reset EPROMs, etc, But in recent models
they have a proprietary software only available to their service depots
which is used for all resets, and other factory setup.

If it is under warranty, I would contact Epson.

Art

spurious wrote:

> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>Well, I guess you'll just have to take some German lessons ;-)
>>
>>Art
>>
>>PS: Sorry to say, I looked through the whole 108 page service manual and
>>saw no mention of this. It may be a factory setting that is normally only
>>altered via their proprietary software, and something went weird on you.
>>

> He.He, thanks for the reply.
> I too have read the manual and like you, can't find any reference to
> changing the language.
> However, I do remember when I first took the printer out of the box, I had
> an option to set the language on the first boot, this option is no longer
> available.
> Is there a reset button somewhere on the printer?
> Pressing this may bring the language option back, but if there is, I can't
> find it!!!
> There must be a way, as I said, I have managed to change it from English to
> German!
> thanks
>
> Mike

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:49:46 PM

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> I cannot find any reset. Usually with Epsons you hold down some front
> buttons while starting it to reset EPROMs, etc, But in recent models
> they have a proprietary software only available to their service depots
> which is used for all resets, and other factory setup.
>
> If it is under warranty, I would contact Epson.
>
> Art
>
> spurious wrote:
>
>> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Well, I guess you'll just have to take some German lessons ;-)
>>>
>>> Art
>>>
>>> PS: Sorry to say, I looked through the whole 108 page service manual
>>> and saw no mention of this. It may be a factory setting that is
>>> normally only altered via their proprietary software, and something
>>> went weird on you.
>>>

>> He.He, thanks for the reply.
>> I too have read the manual and like you, can't find any reference to
>> changing the language.
>> However, I do remember when I first took the printer out of the box, I
>> had an option to set the language on the first boot, this option is no
>> longer available.
>> Is there a reset button somewhere on the printer?
>> Pressing this may bring the language option back, but if there is, I
>> can't find it!!!
>> There must be a way, as I said, I have managed to change it from
>> English to German!
>> thanks
>>
>> Mike

Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more
options'. Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you
get to 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
Regards
John
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:26:03 PM

<snip>

-> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
> the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more options'.
> Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you get to
> 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
> Regards
> John

Wow, thanks John & Art
Let the truth be known, it's not my printer, but my neighbours who hasn't
got a pc and uses it for printing photographs, so I don't know the printer
that well.
He asked for my help with the language problem, and I couldn't solve it,
even after reading the manual.
now I feel like an idiot.
I'm going around to his house after sending this, to do as you say.
thanks

Mike

ps I have an Epson CX6600, but having seen the results of the R300, I think
I need a dedicated photo printer
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:36:25 PM

spurious wrote:
> <snip>
>

> -> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
>
>>the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more options'.
>>Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you get to
>>'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
>>Regards
>>John

<snip>
> Wow, thanks John & Art
My pleasure Mike,
Regards
John
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:13:45 PM

John Orrett wrote:
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> I cannot find any reset. Usually with Epsons you hold down some front
>> buttons while starting it to reset EPROMs, etc, But in recent models
>> they have a proprietary software only available to their service
>> depots which is used for all resets, and other factory setup.
>>
>> If it is under warranty, I would contact Epson.
>>
>> Art
>>
>> spurious wrote:
>>
>>> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> He.He, thanks for the reply.
>>> I too have read the manual and like you, can't find any reference to
>>> changing the language.
>>> However, I do remember when I first took the printer out of the box,
>>> I had an option to set the language on the first boot, this option is
>>> no longer available.
>>> Is there a reset button somewhere on the printer?
>>> Pressing this may bring the language option back, but if there is, I
>>> can't find it!!!
>>> There must be a way, as I said, I have managed to change it from
>>> English to German!
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>

> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
> the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more
> options'. Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you
> get to 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
> Regards
> John

In the R310 manual noticed that in the Bluetooth section pp 101 has a
picture of the window and reference to Langauge.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:33:57 PM

Thank you for chiming in with that information. I don't own an R300 so
I don't have one to play with and was unaware this was an option on a
menu. I suspect that the option being below and requiring scrolling
probably got missed by the original poster.

It makes sense that it isn't discussed in the service manual, since it
is a user option, but by chance, did you notice if it is discussed in
the user manual that comes with the printer? Seems like something Epson
should mention in the instructions. Ne pas?

Art

John Orrett wrote:

> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
> the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more
> options'. Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you
> get to 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
> Regards
> John
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:37:48 PM

Hi Mike,

As much as I appreciate the thanks, I fail miserably this time to help.
John did all the work here. Glad he found this or knew about it.

I'm even further removed from the R300, I've seen a few in stores but
never see one on and running yet.

Don't beat yourself up, it wasn't all that obvious, and if Epson doesn't
at least mention it in the manual, they certainly should.

Art

spurious wrote:

> <snip>
>

> -> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has finished
>
>>the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item 'more options'.
>>Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list until you get to
>>'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
>>Regards
>>John
>

> Wow, thanks John & Art
> Let the truth be known, it's not my printer, but my neighbours who hasn't
> got a pc and uses it for printing photographs, so I don't know the printer
> that well.
> He asked for my help with the language problem, and I couldn't solve it,
> even after reading the manual.
> now I feel like an idiot.
> I'm going around to his house after sending this, to do as you say.
> thanks
>
> Mike
>
> ps I have an Epson CX6600, but having seen the results of the R300, I think
> I need a dedicated photo printer

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:52:08 PM

Hi Art,I'll have a look in the manual. I've got a PDF version if anyone
wants a copy!
Regards
John

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Thank you for chiming in with that information. I don't own an R300 so
> I don't have one to play with and was unaware this was an option on a
> menu. I suspect that the option being below and requiring scrolling
> probably got missed by the original poster.
>
> It makes sense that it isn't discussed in the service manual, since it
> is a user option, but by chance, did you notice if it is discussed in
> the user manual that comes with the printer? Seems like something Epson
> should mention in the instructions. Ne pas?
>

> Art
>
> John Orrett wrote:
>

>> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has
>> finished the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item
>> 'more options'. Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list
>> until you get to 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
>> Regards
>> John

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 3:33:23 PM

So it is there, just maybe not where one might normally tend to look for
it...

Art

Fatso wrote:

> In the R310 manual noticed that in the Bluetooth section pp 101 has a
> picture of the window and reference to Langauge.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 3:48:05 PM

I noticed in a later posting that someone noted there is discussion of
the language selection in the area on blue tooth installation.

Art

John Orrett wrote:

> Hi Art,I'll have a look in the manual. I've got a PDF version if anyone
> wants a copy!
> Regards
> John
>

> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> Thank you for chiming in with that information. I don't own an R300
>> so I don't have one to play with and was unaware this was an option on
>> a menu. I suspect that the option being below and requiring scrolling
>> probably got missed by the original poster.
>>
>> It makes sense that it isn't discussed in the service manual, since it
>> is a user option, but by chance, did you notice if it is discussed in
>> the user manual that comes with the printer? Seems like something
>> Epson should mention in the instructions. Ne pas?
>>

>> Art
>>
>> John Orrett wrote:
>>

>>> Seems easy. Turn the printer off and then on. when the unit has
>>> finished the self test, press the 'down' button to the bottom item
>>> 'more options'. Click OK on that and then scroll right down the list
>>> until you get to 'Language'. Set to whatever you want and OK.
>>> Regards
>>> John

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 6:26:04 AM

Hi John Orrett, Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the PDF
Service Manual??? If so Please email it to me. Very Very much
appreciated...Thanks

Iftiquer

!