using XP Pro - how can I get my security permissions for f..

I followed the instructions and wen tto the foler I need to change the
permissions on, right clicked, go to properties, and the tabs I see are:
GENERAL
SHARING
WEB SHARING
CUSTOMIZE

I verified it is using NTFS and I am in the admin group.

I need to change the permissions of one folder - how do I do that?

Many thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about using security permissions

    Hi,

    Control Panel/Folder options/view tab, scroll down and uncheck the box for
    simple file sharing. This will enable the security tab to show.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote in message
    >I followed the instructions and wen tto the foler I need to change the
    >permissions on, right clicked, go to properties, and the tabs I see are:
    > GENERAL
    > SHARING
    > WEB SHARING
    > CUSTOMIZE
    >
    > I verified it is using NTFS and I am in the admin group.
    >
    > I need to change the permissions of one folder - how do I do that?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    thanks - that worked

    "NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote in message
    >I followed the instructions and wen tto the foler I need to change the
    >permissions on, right clicked, go to properties, and the tabs I see are:
    > GENERAL
    > SHARING
    > WEB SHARING
    > CUSTOMIZE
    >
    > I verified it is using NTFS and I am in the admin group.
    >
    > I need to change the permissions of one folder - how do I do that?
    >
    > Many thanks.

Security Permissions Windows XP