using XP Pro - how can I get my security permissions for f..

I followed the instructions and wen tto the foler I need to change the
permissions on, right clicked, go to properties, and the tabs I see are:
GENERAL
SHARING
WEB SHARING
CUSTOMIZE

I verified it is using NTFS and I am in the admin group.

I need to change the permissions of one folder - how do I do that?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Control Panel/Folder options/view tab, scroll down and uncheck the box for
simple file sharing. This will enable the security tab to show.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"NotGiven" <noname@nonegiven.net> wrote in message
>I followed the instructions and wen tto the foler I need to change the
>permissions on, right clicked, go to properties, and the tabs I see are:
> GENERAL
> SHARING
> WEB SHARING
> CUSTOMIZE
>
> I verified it is using NTFS and I am in the admin group.
>
> I need to change the permissions of one folder - how do I do that?
>
> Many thanks.

thanks - that worked