Are lost clusters the same as bad clusters.......

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 18, 2005 10:39:01 AM

That's good news then. Although does that mean when norton fixes them I
should be saving the lost clusters rather than deleting(question mark).
Norton does it's whole fixing thing and then asks afterwards what I want
to do with them. I sometimes save and sometimes allow them to be
deleted. Norton also offers to make some sort of back up file incase it
alters and does something naughty but I can't be bothered with doing
that so I skip.

--
PSYCHOPIXIE
Anonymous

It *is* possible to put these files back together. But you'd either have
to learn how, yourself, or take it to a pro. You'd also want to save
copies of cross-linked files before repairing them.

I look into the files using a plain-text editor in order to possibly
find out what they are. Particularly if they are image of text
documents, even lost fragments can contain a significant amount of data
that can be used as is.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User