MSN quickie

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 19, 2005 3:16:33 AM

Hi guys,,
Just wondering if anyone has managed to download the apparent
update yet?
Is is just a Win98 thing?
I have stopped getting dialogue boxes stating I must update. (when
I connect to the internet)
My msn has conked-out, I have no contacts visible anymore and
none of msn's start-up procedures occur either.
In a way, this sort of says that whoever is the inventor of msn, can
see exactly what I do on my comp. (time to switch to icq I think)

regards Jane

More about : msn quickie

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 3:16:34 AM

It's not clear what exactly you want to update. If you are referring to MSN
messenger, then go to

http://tech.msn.com/downloads/

Scroll down to Tools and under Tools, click Update Windows and MSN Messenger
now.

The fact that MSN messenger doesn't startup any more does not infer that
anyone can see into your computer, just that the version you have is
outdated and is no longer compatible with the current MSN messenger.

If you still have problems, then I'd suggest uninstalling the current
installation (Control Panel, Add/remove Programs, MSN Messenger) and then
reinstalling Messenger.

Description and Availability of MSN Messenger Service
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240063

PattyL

news:o 40Vk9bFFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!