MSN quickie

Hi guys,,
Just wondering if anyone has managed to download the apparent
update yet?
Is is just a Win98 thing?
I have stopped getting dialogue boxes stating I must update. (when
I connect to the internet)
My msn has conked-out, I have no contacts visible anymore and
none of msn's start-up procedures occur either.
In a way, this sort of says that whoever is the inventor of msn, can
see exactly what I do on my comp. (time to switch to icq I think)

regards Jane
1 answer Last reply
More about quickie

    It's not clear what exactly you want to update. If you are referring to MSN
    messenger, then go to

    http://tech.msn.com/downloads/

    Scroll down to Tools and under Tools, click Update Windows and MSN Messenger
    now.

    The fact that MSN messenger doesn't startup any more does not infer that
    anyone can see into your computer, just that the version you have is
    outdated and is no longer compatible with the current MSN messenger.

    If you still have problems, then I'd suggest uninstalling the current
    installation (Control Panel, Add/remove Programs, MSN Messenger) and then
    reinstalling Messenger.

    Description and Availability of MSN Messenger Service
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240063

    PattyL

    "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,,
    > Just wondering if anyone has managed to download the apparent
    > update yet?
    > Is is just a Win98 thing?
    > I have stopped getting dialogue boxes stating I must update. (when
    > I connect to the internet)
    > My msn has conked-out, I have no contacts visible anymore and
    > none of msn's start-up procedures occur either.
    > In a way, this sort of says that whoever is the inventor of msn, can
    > see exactly what I do on my comp. (time to switch to icq I think)
    >
    > regards Jane

MSN Microsoft Windows