Everyone and their moma out for conroe.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
It seems that every day there is some character out on the internet aiming for intel's new chip conroe. The funniest ones are the ones about the asian guy who some how got an engineerng sample and he is out there sharing all his benchmarks with shorikuoe, mohammed, bin le, and joe blow from joe's comp repair shop.......I have never seen so many paranoid geeks in my life........come on guys it's not that big of a deal. It was going to happen....just most people didn't expect it to happen so quick. Lets be real.....Amd had intel on the ropes for a year and a half.......that is a hell of an achievement, but unfortunily for them, intel still made record revenue. Well luckily for Amd they still have the K8L in the works and if that doesn't work out they still have the law suit, hey.....maybe they will get both.......a hell of a performance win with the K8L and the law suit............If that pans out Hector Ruiz for President in 2008.

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I guess we will find out when it's actually RELEASED. Everyone's flaming at which is better AM2 vs Conroe crap, and it's not even released! From what it sounds Conroe is going to be better, but I remember when Intel was about to release their dual-cores, and AMD smoked them. But we shall see soon. I could really care less who is better, I just want a faster processor!

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
It seems that every day there is some character out on the internet aiming for intel's new chip conroe. The funniest ones are the ones about the asian guy who some how got an engineerng sample and he is out there sharing all his benchmarks with shorikuoe, mohammed, bin le, and joe blow from joe's comp repair shop.......I have never seen so many paranoid geeks in my life........come on guys it's not that big of a deal. It was going to happen....just most people didn't expect it to happen so quick. Lets be real.....Amd had intel on the ropes for a year and a half.......that is a hell of an achievement, but unfortunily for them, intel still made record revenue. Well luckily for Amd they still have the K8L in the works and if that doesn't work out they still have the law suit, hey.....maybe they will get both.......a hell of a performance win with the K8L and the law suit............If that pans out Hector Ruiz for President in 2008.

Yeah, your right about that. This is pretty typical of an underdog company and their supporters though. The AMD camp is definately scared. If they weren't, we wouldn't have any of this back and forth garbage going on. Intel has pretty much shown what Conroe can do already and still has time to tweak it. We can only hope that all of this hype will live up to it's name.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why do we keep getting morons who just want to start flame wars. They are the dumbest people on the forums. Then this qurious69ss starts another flame war.

Even the trolls are getting weary, that when you know that the dead horse cannot be beaten anymore.

Many people are "out" for Conroe because Intel has made some hefty claims that they're going to need to live up to. If Conroe isn't what Intel has said the ramafications would be huge. If Conroe is what Intel says the rammafication will be huge.

No matter what Conroe is or isn't it's going to be HUGE news. I am looking forward to THG getting a Conroe and doing some real, unbiased, benchmarking.

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
This is nothing new, this back and forth nonsense goes on everytime something new is in the mix. Whether it's CPUs or GPUs and it will never stop. We the consumer win in the end, but in the meantime we read these opinions about what's better, this kicks that in the butt, and we can't even go and buy one to really see if it's true.
It's all BS till it's on a motherboard with power applied.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Even the trolls are getting weary, that when you know that the dead horse cannot be beaten anymore.

Many people are "out" for Conroe because Intel has made some hefty claims that they're going to need to live up to. If Conroe isn't what Intel has said the ramafications would be huge. If Conroe is what Intel says the rammafication will be huge.

No matter what Conroe is or isn't it's going to be HUGE news. I am looking forward to THG getting a Conroe and doing some real, unbiased, benchmarking.

Huge HUGE YOU SAY OMG THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
funny thing is... Intel didn't boast about Conroe being faster than AMD or AM2... private tech sites did that... Intel just let them access to a couple of PC's

It's a company policy actually Intel never compares their products to their competitors, just to their own processors.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Lols, thats why everyone thought Pentium 4 2.0Ghz was the fastest thing on earth when most Pentium 3 and 1000Mhz AMD was beating it in all benchmarks in the real world, Not the world the Pentium 4 found by sticking its head so far up its a$$

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Lols, thats why everyone thought Pentium 4 2.0Ghz was the fastest thing on earth when most Pentium 3 and 1000Mhz AMD was beating it in all benchmarks in the real world, Not the world the Pentium 4 found by sticking its head so far up its a$$

The Pentium 4 neither has a head nor a ass.

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006

Ignorance once again. You take a true statement, and then exaggerate the facts to the point of looking like a fool. The truth is that the pentium 4 Williamette under 1.8 GHz could run the risk of being outperformed by the best Taulatin PIII, the 1.4S (which also beat all the Athlon k7s before the "XP+" era). Any P4 as fast or faster than 1.8 GHz was clearly superior to any Athlon or Tualatin.

endyen

Splendid
The conroe benches were a nice preview. I hope the chip can live up to it's hype. What I dont understand is why no one has proved/disproved how the FX62 performs.
Cant some site, with the cash do a review of an FX chip @ 2.8, with two X1900XTs, on a decent crossfire setup?

TRENDING THREADS