conroe help...............ok its time

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
so i have been lurking here for a while trying to gather info on conroe and i'm at wits end.........so it's time to give you my full story.

lets say i'm a moderatley informed PC novice. i make no claims to be a hardware expert, however i'm in a postion of a lifetime.

i don't want to give exact details.....but.......i was given (by a intel insider friend) what will be known as a ES6300, 1.83ghz/1066FSB/2MB conroe test chip and a intel 975"badaxe" mobo. this friend is not in a postion to help get it up and running, because he/she was not supposed to have either the chip or mobo in the first place.

i would kill to get this beast running but i'm too intimidated to do it alone. so if anyone is willing to help via this forum or perhaps in person i would be grateful.

questions, comments and advice?

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
i was given (by a intel insider friend) what will be known as a ES6300, 1.83ghz/1066FSB/2MB conroe test chip and a intel 975"badaxe" mobo. this friend is not in a postion to help get it up and running, because he/she was not supposed to have either the chip or mobo in the first place.

If what you claim is true (note I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here :) ) what exactly is your problem? Do you need advice on how to assemble the system? Or is it something else?

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
no the mobo has not been modded....thats what i need help with.

and as far as any legal issues are concerned. i know for a fact that there are many of these "test" chips in the hands of "mom & pop" developers in my area. i asked my intel friend and he/she said that intel has been giving out this bundle to lots of test sites like THG for a few weeks now. so i doubt mine will pop up on any radar.

ya know its funny. i have asked this question in a few "expert forums" over the last 24hrs. and the TG forum is the only one where i get smartass comments instead of helpful advice. its a shame that so many people consider this website and its forums to be the best resource for PC tech. when most of the time its just a launching pad for useless flame wars.

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
ya know its funny. i have asked this question in a few "expert forums" over the last 24hrs. and the TG forum is the only one where i get smartass comments instead of helpful advice. its a shame that so many people consider this website and its forums to be the best resource for PC tech. when most of the time its just a launching pad for useless flame wars.[/quote]

there are so many bums on this forums, its not even funny. just skip the stupid remarks and use what is elpful. for ex. richpls, prozac, pauldh, wussie, and some others guys on this forum are good. and dont start a war with me if ur name wasnt mentioned, i said "and some other guys..."

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
ya know its funny. i have asked this question in a few "expert forums" over the last 24hrs. and the TG forum is the only one where i get smartass comments instead of helpful advice. its a shame that so many people consider this website and its forums to be the best resource for PC tech. when most of the time its just a launching pad for useless flame wars.

there are so many bums on this forums, its not even funny. just skip the stupid remarks and use what is elpful. for ex. richpls, prozac, pauldh, wussie, and some others guys on this forum are good. and dont start a war with me if ur name wasnt mentioned, i said "and some other guys..."[/quote]

thanks for the advice.

hashv2f16

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
you could just ebay it now and be rid of it and its possible (but i doubt) legal issues, buy your wife/girlfriend a nice car or something. but give us the benchies first.

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
If it is a 1.83 GHz with 2 MB cache then it would've been made on 90nm, and not 65nm, thus clockspeed ceiling will be lower, although the engineering samples should have +63% IPC (clock for clock) than the Pentium M.

If true, I suspect it would support x64....

However, as 'ES6300' is already a part number for a RAID controller...... well..... :?