Anybody use Samsung 180T/181T?

frankjp

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2002
I figured I would keep looking to see what was out there. I have seen several glowing reviews of the Samsung 180T of which I believe the 181T is the latest iteration. Displaymate listed it as having the best LCD display.

Any thoughts or news???

G

Hmmm...now this seems like great LCD. But I can't find the response time for it at all. I can for the 180T, but not the 181T. Where did you find it Flame? I've looked everywhere. But this looks like a better choice than the VG191, and if the response is 25ms, I might go with this one. Does it use MVA as well though. Contrast ratio, etc would suggest so.

Jack Burton is a great man...

imo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
it does seem like a nice monitor if you don't mind spending 1200 for a 18in lcd! I believe just about any better lcd will have response time in the 25-30's avg area! if you don't mind spending that kind of money, NEC also have a new 1850x coming online that is suppose to be nice!

as you can see, the list and the wait can go on forever!

G

The specs for the 181T are better. However, I am interested to see what the new NEC 1880X will be like.

G

Here are the 181T specs, it's in German but I think you get the gist of it.

Bildschirmtyp a-siTFT/PVA
Sichtbare Bildschirmdiagonale 18,1 Zoll (46,0 cm)
Dot Trio Pitch 0,281 mm
Kontrast 500:1
Helligkeit 250 cd/m²
Betrachtungswinkel 170° vertikal/170° horizontal
Bildaufbauzeit 25 ms
Empfohlene Auflösung 1280 x 1024
Horizontale Ablenkfrequenz Analog: 30–81 kHz,
Digital: 30–63,3 kHz
Bildwiederhol-
frequenz 56–85 Hz
Videobandbreite Analog: 135 MHz,
Digital: 108 MHz
Signal Analog, Digital
Anschluß 15 Pin Sub-D, DVI-D
Anzahl der Farben 16,7 Mio.

G

PVA??? I guess in English that would be MVA. So it probably does use MVA. Did you ever read those articles in Computer Shopper Flame?

imo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
I have seen a lot of cheap people in this world, you must be in the top 1 percent!

I am glad you are not my friend! :)

G

What are you talking about?? Not sure if you are talking to me or what. Anyway, was wondering because I can't remember if the LCD's they reviewed used MVA or not. I don't think the Cornerstone one does. That and I was wondering what Flame's theory was. But I guess it comes down to this: they just need to lower the response time.

G

It would be nice if they could also make .20mm pixel pitch or .25 at the VERY MOST, the standard. IM tired of seeing nice monitors that have a .28 or .29 pixel pitch. Its not necessary and a waste. If Im going to spend $1000 or $1200 on a nice lcd, at the least I want a decent pixel-pitch..

G

Well, contrast ratio, viewing angles, etc suggests it is MVA. If it doesn't use it though, it would explain for the much higher price.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I don't think it does. There are other technologies besides MVA that can achieve similar specs...take the L365 which uses TN+ for example.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

G

Ok, I emailed em too. I also asked them if it was capable of being wall mounted as I don't see anything about it under their specs.

G

Did you ever get your compaq prob fixed?

G

Ok, getting back to topic, did you get an email from them yet?? And if you a 181T frank, if you can do some comparitive results with what you had on the VG191 and this one. Would be interesting to see what happens.