Anybody use Samsung 180T/181T?

I figured I would keep looking to see what was out there. I have seen several glowing reviews of the Samsung 180T of which I believe the 181T is the latest iteration. Displaymate listed it as having the best LCD display.

Any thoughts or news???
25 answers Last reply
More about anybody samsung 180t 181t
  1. specs?

Jack Burton is a great man...
  2. It does look like a sweet ass LCD, just what's the response time? Their website isn't of teh most helpful....

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.
  3. nm, it has a response time of 25ms. Now if it wasn't for the steep price.....

4. Hmmm...now this seems like great LCD. But I can't find the response time for it at all. I can for the 180T, but not the 181T. Where did you find it Flame? I've looked everywhere. But this looks like a better choice than the VG191, and if the response is 25ms, I might go with this one. Does it use MVA as well though. Contrast ratio, etc would suggest so.

5. it does seem like a nice monitor if you don't mind spending 1200 for a 18in lcd! I believe just about any better lcd will have response time in the 25-30's avg area! if you don't mind spending that kind of money, NEC also have a new 1850x coming online that is suppose to be nice!

as you can see, the list and the wait can go on forever!
  6. The specs for the 181T are better. However, I am interested to see what the new NEC 1880X will be like.

7. Here are the 181T specs, it's in German but I think you get the gist of it.

Bildschirmtyp a-siTFT/PVA
    Sichtbare Bildschirmdiagonale 18,1 Zoll (46,0 cm)
    Dot Trio Pitch 0,281 mm
    Kontrast 500:1
    Helligkeit 250 cd/m²
    Betrachtungswinkel 170° vertikal/170° horizontal
    Bildaufbauzeit 25 ms
    Empfohlene Auflösung 1280 x 1024
    Horizontale Ablenkfrequenz Analog: 30–81 kHz,
    Digital: 30–63,3 kHz
    Bildwiederhol-
    frequenz 56–85 Hz
    Videobandbreite Analog: 135 MHz,
    Digital: 108 MHz
    Signal Analog, Digital
    Anschluß 15 Pin Sub-D, DVI-D
    Anzahl der Farben 16,7 Mio.
  8. PVA??? I guess in English that would be MVA. So it probably does use MVA. Did you ever read those articles in Computer Shopper Flame?

9. Haven't been able to find Comp Shopper in Library....maybe in doctor's ofice but need excuse to go....hmm

10. I have seen a lot of cheap people in this world, you must be in the top 1 percent!

I am glad you are not my friend! :)
  11. What are you talking about?? Not sure if you are talking to me or what. Anyway, was wondering because I can't remember if the LCD's they reviewed used MVA or not. I don't think the Cornerstone one does. That and I was wondering what Flame's theory was. But I guess it comes down to this: they just need to lower the response time.

12. It would be nice if they could also make .20mm pixel pitch or .25 at the VERY MOST, the standard. IM tired of seeing nice monitors that have a .28 or .29 pixel pitch. Its not necessary and a waste. If Im going to spend $1000 or $1200 on a nice lcd, at the least I want a decent pixel-pitch..
  13. The 17.4" Cornerstone uses MVA,, as does the 23".

14. Does the Samsung use MVA?

15. not 100% sure, but I don't think so...

16. Well, contrast ratio, viewing angles, etc suggests it is MVA. If it doesn't use it though, it would explain for the much higher price.

17. I don't think it does. There are other technologies besides MVA that can achieve similar specs...take the L365 which uses TN+ for example.

18. How can we find out for sure?

19. I'll email em.

20. Ok, I emailed em too. I also asked them if it was capable of being wall mounted as I don't see anything about it under their specs.

21. I'll race ya...see who gets a reply first;) j/k

22. Did you ever get your compaq prob fixed?

23. ya, but b/c the one w/ speakers was on backorder, I got one w/o speakers.

24. Ok, getting back to topic, did you get an email from them yet?? And if you a 181T frank, if you can do some comparitive results with what you had on the VG191 and this one. Would be interesting to see what happens.

25. They haven't responded yet.....

Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Reviews LCD Monitor Samsung Peripherals