Asterik - Anybody Use?

Hey Group,

Hope your all well?

I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?

Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?

Many Thanks
Regards
MCN
4 answers Last reply
More about asterik

    MadCrazyNewbie wrote:

    > Hey Group,
    >
    > Hope your all well?
    >
    > I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
    > this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?
    >
    > Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
    > incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Regards
    > MCN

    Hello.

    LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
    your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those yet.
    Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.

    Joel

    Joel Gathercole wrote:
    > MadCrazyNewbie wrote:
    >
    >> Hey Group,
    >>
    >> Hope your all well?
    >>
    >> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
    >> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its
    >> reliability?
    >>
    >> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this
    >> for my
    >> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >> Regards
    >> MCN
    >>

    > Hello.
    >
    > LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
    > your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those yet.
    > Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.
    >
    > Joel

    Hi,

    I have installed it in our office and integrated it with our Norstar
    MCIS PBX. It is working great. I have 2 T1 cards. One is connected to
    the carrier and the other the MCIS.

    rgds
    sahoo

    On 2004-09-05 10:19:13 -0700, Joel Gathercole <joel_@netrique.biz> said:

    > MadCrazyNewbie wrote:
    >
    >> Hey Group,
    >>
    >> Hope your all well?
    >>
    >> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
    >> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?
    >>
    >> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
    >> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >> Regards
    >> MCN
    >>

    > Hello.
    >
    > LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
    > your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those
    > yet. Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.
    >
    > Joel

    I have just set up a test set of Xtech sopftphones and SJphone with the
    Asterisk PBX running on a fast Mac G4 under Unix.

    So far it looks great. I was hoping to find an
    Asterisk user group out here.

    Pete

    Try http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk

    "James Huffaker" <jhuffaker@mac.com> wrote in message
    > On 2004-09-05 10:19:13 -0700, Joel Gathercole <joel_@netrique.biz> said:
    >
    >> MadCrazyNewbie wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey Group,
    >>>
    >>> Hope your all well?
    >>>
    >>> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had
    >>> tryed
    >>> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its
    >>> reliability?
    >>>
    >>> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for
    >>> my
    >>> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
    >>>
    >>> Many Thanks
    >>> Regards
    >>> MCN
    >>>

    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
    >> your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those yet.
    >> Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.
    >>
    >> Joel
    >

    > I have just set up a test set of Xtech sopftphones and SJphone with the
    > Asterisk PBX running on a fast Mac G4 under Unix.
    >
    > So far it looks great. I was hoping to find an
    > Asterisk user group out here.
    >
    > Pete

VPN IP Networking