Hey Group,

Hope your all well?

I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?

Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?

Many Thanks
Regards
MCN

MadCrazyNewbie wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> Hope your all well?
>
> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?
>
> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
>
> Many Thanks
> Regards
> MCN

Hello.

LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those yet.
Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.

Joel

Joel Gathercole wrote:
> MadCrazyNewbie wrote:
>
>> Hey Group,
>>
>> Hope your all well?
>>
>> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
>> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its
>> reliability?
>>
>> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this
>> for my
>> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Regards
>> MCN
>>

> Hello.
>
> LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
> your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those yet.
> Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.
>
> Joel

Hi,

I have installed it in our office and integrated it with our Norstar
MCIS PBX. It is working great. I have 2 T1 cards. One is connected to
the carrier and the other the MCIS.

rgds
sahoo

On 2004-09-05 10:19:13 -0700, Joel Gathercole <joel_@netrique.biz> said:

> MadCrazyNewbie wrote:
>
>> Hey Group,
>>
>> Hope your all well?
>>
>> I`ve been looking at Asterix and just wondered if anybody else had tryed
>> this? It looks quite cool but just wanted some feedback on its reliability?
>>
>> Also if I have a MultiTech card modem with 8 ports could I use this for my
>> incoming lines or do i need a special card of some sort?
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Regards
>> MCN
>>

> Hello.
>
> LOVE it.. with a bit of tweaking it can run almost anything. :) As for
> your Multitech card, I'm not sure as I have never used one of those
> yet. Look up on voip-info.org for any info on your devices.
>
> Joel

I have just set up a test set of Xtech sopftphones and SJphone with the
Asterisk PBX running on a fast Mac G4 under Unix.

So far it looks great. I was hoping to find an
Asterisk user group out here.

Pete

Try http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk