tvl

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
OK, I received the new Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU cooler and installed it about a week ago. Thus far, I am very impressed with the unit.

1- The original stock unit could get pretty noisy at times as the CPU fan speed increased. The Zalman unit dissipates heat so well, the fan has yet to increase to a very high RPM level as experienced with my stock unit. But, even at moderate RPM levels it is super quiet!

2- Idle temperatures are roughly the same as with the original stock unit ........ maybe 1 or 2 degrees C less. But, with normal multitasking, I am experiencing temperatures as much as 7 degrees C cooler. Supposedly, these temperatures will decrease more as the Artic Silver 5 "ages".

So, once again, I am very satisfied and would recommend this unit to others. Just remember, the AT model is for automatic control and has the 4 wire lead.

Hope this is helpful for someone!

turbo_mcgillicutty

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
i recently purchased the normal 9500 with the fan mate controller to use with my 3800+ x2 and i couldnt be happier. I have it set on high at all times, and cant notice it above the 3 antec 120 tricools in my p180 (all set to medium). with the stock cooler my idle temps were the same as what my case temps were reading, around 33 deg c to 37 deg c depending on ambient temp. now they are always about 1 to 2 degress lower than case temp (not sure where it reads from in the case). so idle is about 30-31 to 34-35. under a full load (F@H on one core, oblivion on the other) i saw a high of 60 deg c on a warm day with ambient temps about 30 deg c with the stock cooler. on a similar day with this cooler running the same load i never saw it go above 47 deg C. usually with 25 deg ambient temps i will get about 42-43 deg c full load temps. i love this thing!!! now im thinking about springing for the vf900-cu vga cooler for my x1800xl. the stock cooler gets annoying when the fan kicks on high, and the temps for it at load at about 70-75 deg c.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
OK, I received the new Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU cooler and installed it about a week ago. Thus far, I am very impressed with the unit.

1- The original stock unit could get pretty noisy at times as the CPU fan speed increased. The Zalman unit dissipates heat so well, the fan has yet to increase to a very high RPM level as experienced with my stock unit. But, even at moderate RPM levels it is super quiet!

2- Idle temperatures are roughly the same as with the original stock unit ........ maybe 1 or 2 degrees C less. But, with normal multitasking, I am experiencing temperatures as much as 7 degrees C cooler. Supposedly, these temperatures will decrease more as the Artic Silver 5 "ages".

So, once again, I am very satisfied and would recommend this unit to others. Just remember, the AT model is for automatic control and has the 4 wire lead.

Hope this is helpful for someone!

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COOLER TO ANYONE (unless its a size issue)

Tuniq towers, larger but better than the zalman

Review here

image005.png

its its 10 dollars cheaper on newegg, retaisl abotu 55 bucks i think

anyone with the room for this cooler should buy it, it beats out the zalman and its cheaper

TRENDING THREADS