windows problems

1. At Win startup and before the logo is displayed, it asks "press F1 to
continue, DEL to enter setup". Never did this before. (I just re-installed
Windows).
2. It shows "floppy disk(s) fail (40)", and drive A is not being read. The
BIOS setting seems ok, but I may not be looking at the right thing!
3. - after loading Windows I get "PCI Multimedia Audio Device" looking
for a driver. I already have the correct audio driver installed for my sound
card!

I hope you can help, please - Giovanni

Sounds as if the CMOS battery on the motherboard has failed and the
motherboard is losing its settings. Alternatively, it could be that the
floppy drive failure is also causing the error message. I would replace
both the battery and the floppy drive since a replacement floppy can be had
for about ten bucks and a replacement battery for about four bucks.