'read' light of cd burner

The 'yellow read light of my cd burner keeps on flashing even if there is no
cd in it. Is it normal if not what is the solution? thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about read light burner

    "noname" <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9151C74F-BF06-4601-893F-4465A8BAF93D@microsoft.com...
    > The 'yellow read light of my cd burner keeps on flashing even if there is no
    > cd in it. Is it normal if not what is the solution? thanks

    Some CD players will flash the light whenever Windows polls the device
    for a CD. My old player flashes about every half a second. My CDRW doesn't.

    2nd question just for my knowledge what do u mean by ' Windows polls the device
    for a CD.

    > 2nd question just for my knowledge what do u mean by ' Windows polls the
    device
    > for a CD.

    Every few seconds, Windows will check to see if you
    just inserted a CD into the drive, and will look for
    an autorun file, and fire it up if it finds one on the CD.

    That's one reason why your hard drive and CDROM drive
    lights will continually flash. Some people like to disable
    the polling in order to do everything possible to prolong
    the life of the hard drive and the CDROM drive.

Light Burner CD-Rom Windows