my Asterisk/VoicePulse experience

I've mentioned a couple of times that I haven't been able
to use my VoicePulse account. I just got some help with
it and the problem was completely on my end. (I'd looked
at too many old config files and had "port=5036" even
though it's IAX2.)

VoicePulse seems to work find (outgoing only, for now)
and even passes CallerID info.

Cool!

--kyler

After seeing
VoicePulse Now Offers Unlimited Calling for $24.99
See more info at: http://www.voicepulse.com/plans/
in the signature of a VoicePulse Connect! support response,
I asked if they had any unlimited plans for Connect! users.
The response was not surprising.
Currently we do not offer unlimited calling plans
with VoicePulse Connect! service. All outgoing
calls to the US48 are billed 2.95 cents/min.

It looks like BroadVoice really is the only open system with
unlimited outgoing plans.
http://voxilla.com/voxstory71-nested-order0-threshold0.html
Too bad they don't provide IAX or at least permit changing
the CallerID data.

I'm still thinking that VoicePulse is going to be my answer
for incoming calls even though they are quite a bit more
expensive than BroadVoice. For outgoing, Gafachi seems to
be the winner.

--kyler