my Asterisk/VoicePulse experience

I've mentioned a couple of times that I haven't been able
to use my VoicePulse account. I just got some help with
it and the problem was completely on my end. (I'd looked
at too many old config files and had "port=5036" even
though it's IAX2.)

VoicePulse seems to work find (outgoing only, for now)
and even passes CallerID info.

Cool!

--kyler
2 answers Last reply
More about asterisk voicepulse experience

    After seeing
    VoicePulse Now Offers Unlimited Calling for $24.99
    See more info at: http://www.voicepulse.com/plans/
    in the signature of a VoicePulse Connect! support response,
    I asked if they had any unlimited plans for Connect! users.
    The response was not surprising.
    Currently we do not offer unlimited calling plans
    with VoicePulse Connect! service. All outgoing
    calls to the US48 are billed 2.95 cents/min.

    It looks like BroadVoice really is the only open system with
    unlimited outgoing plans.
    http://voxilla.com/voxstory71-nested-order0-threshold0.html
    Too bad they don't provide IAX or at least permit changing
    the CallerID data.

    I'm still thinking that VoicePulse is going to be my answer
    for incoming calls even though they are quite a bit more
    expensive than BroadVoice. For outgoing, Gafachi seems to
    be the winner.

    --kyler

    I wrote:
    >It looks like BroadVoice really is the only open system with
    >unlimited outgoing plans.
    > http://voxilla.com/voxstory71-nested-order0-threshold0.html

    There's another one now.
    http://www.galaxyvoice.com/voipres.html
    According to VoIP-info they're planning to offer IAX2.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Service+Providers

    I haven't tried it yet but I'm interested.

    --kyler

VPN IP Configuration Networking