Bios won't recognize HD, looking for flash

I am installing a new HD to my computer, it's 120 gb yet my bios limits me to
30 gb. I need to flash my bios, heres my info for my computer:

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.41
BIOS Date: 03/26/99
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS ID: 03/26/1999-SiS-530-2A5IMS29C
OEM Sign-On: SSM-2BB2
Chipset: SiS 530 rev 2
Superio: ITE 8661/SiS 6801 rev 2 found at port 279h
OS: Win98
CPU: AMD-K6 450 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 192 MB
Memory Maximum: Unknown
Memory Slot 01: 64 MB
Memory Slot 02: 128 MB
Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
Memory Slot 04: 0 MB

Can Anyone Help me? Thankssss!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about bios recognize flash

    According to http://www.wimsbios.com/HTML1/soyo.html, that's a Soyo 5SSM
    board.
    Most recent upgrade for that board, according to this Soyo page
    http://tinyurl.com/6w88d, is dated 09/18/2000.

    But you should use that second link (the TinyURL link--the real one is
    very long) to verify that you truly have that board. Here's the link to
    that motherboard's tech manual download page: http://tinyurl.com/6jfwr

    While I can't find a list of what issues the various BIOS updates for
    that board address, I kinda doubt it's going to solve your problem. You
    may need to get a controller card.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "dostie1" <dostie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am installing a new HD to my computer, it's 120 gb yet my bios
    limits me to
    > 30 gb. I need to flash my bios, heres my info for my computer:
    >

    > Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.41
    > BIOS Date: 03/26/99
    > BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    > BIOS ID: 03/26/1999-SiS-530-2A5IMS29C
    > OEM Sign-On: SSM-2BB2
    > Chipset: SiS 530 rev 2
    > Superio: ITE 8661/SiS 6801 rev 2 found at port 279h
    > OS: Win98
    > CPU: AMD-K6 450 Mhz
    > BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    > BIOS ROM Size: 256K
    > Memory Installed: 192 MB
    > Memory Maximum: Unknown
    > Memory Slot 01: 64 MB
    > Memory Slot 02: 128 MB
    > Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
    > Memory Slot 04: 0 MB
    >
    > Can Anyone Help me? Thankssss!!!

    Are you sure it's the BIOS that's limiting the drive size? If so, you need
    to check the motherboard manufacturers site for a BIOS update. Follow their
    instructions explicitly and don't do anything while the flash is running or
    you may wind up in a bad situation.

    Have you tried installing the FDISK patch that allows for HD's over 64GB?
    Fdisk Does Not Recognize Full Size of Hard Disks Larger than 64 GB
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263044

    --

    Brian A.

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "dostie1" <dostie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am installing a new HD to my computer, it's 120 gb yet my bios limits me
    > 30 gb. I need to flash my bios, heres my info for my computer:
    >

    > Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.41
    > BIOS Date: 03/26/99
    > BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    > BIOS ID: 03/26/1999-SiS-530-2A5IMS29C
    > OEM Sign-On: SSM-2BB2
    > Chipset: SiS 530 rev 2
    > Superio: ITE 8661/SiS 6801 rev 2 found at port 279h
    > OS: Win98
    > CPU: AMD-K6 450 Mhz
    > BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    > BIOS ROM Size: 256K
    > Memory Installed: 192 MB
    > Memory Maximum: Unknown
    > Memory Slot 01: 64 MB
    > Memory Slot 02: 128 MB
    > Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
    > Memory Slot 04: 0 MB
    >
    > Can Anyone Help me? Thankssss!!!

    Might be easier to goto Maxtor or Western Digital's websites and find out
    about MaxBlast3Win and DataLifeGuard tools, large drive support fast
    partitioning and formatting and bypass bios limitations

    --
    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de

    Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
    _

    "dostie1" <dostie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am installing a new HD to my computer, it's 120 gb yet my bios limits me
    > 30 gb. I need to flash my bios, heres my info for my computer:
    >

    > Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.41
    > BIOS Date: 03/26/99
    > BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    > BIOS ID: 03/26/1999-SiS-530-2A5IMS29C
    > OEM Sign-On: SSM-2BB2
    > Chipset: SiS 530 rev 2
    > Superio: ITE 8661/SiS 6801 rev 2 found at port 279h
    > OS: Win98
    > CPU: AMD-K6 450 Mhz
    > BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    > BIOS ROM Size: 256K