Hey? What ever happened to AsusProbe?

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
After a round of hardware upgrades I went looking for the "Asusprobe" so I could see if "CoolnQuiet" was working and to monitor my fans and ram usage etc... Now it seems that I can't find it anymore. A search of the Asus website yeilds nothing. I know many didn't consider it very accurate but at least it told me what my puter was doing inside.

Da Worfster

smedlin

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
You know, that's kinda funny cause I noticed the same thing 2 days ago on my new rig. I wanted to moniter the temps, and it was gone.

turbo_mcgillicutty

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
i might have a copy of it at home on a cd. lemmie check and i can send it to you both if ya want it. im almost certain i have it. if you want a prog that checks all of that stuff, i use motherboard monitor. its quit being updated, but i did get it to work with my A8N-E. i heard that everest is a good one to. im going to check that one out myself tonight.

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I don't believe its gone, you may have to click on the "all" button to see it because they only post 10 of the latest drivers/bios/utilities,etc in page. Click on the button "all" you shall find it...

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Did a google and found Ausus Probe on a few sites. One of em even claims that Asus put out a new version in 2006 but the company makes no mention of it on it's own website...

Curious.

Da Worfster

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
i've got Asus probe 2. i also have a seperate utility for cool and queit if i want it. unless ASUS have changed their website you should be able to download a copy.

I got Asus probe 2, the silent/performance option is there as well. It allows you change the fan speed depending on the options you select.

G

I was on that ****** site today and tried to get my MB drivers. The download is there yes, but it's something completely different. And that's not the first time this happened to me with that company.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
I dont know if there are different versions for different socket motherboards, but its definetly on the asus website.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

choose your motherboard from that list there and then for some reason, its in the drivers section. The latest version should be v1.01.09.

Well I've been all over the Asus board and my Mobo A8V Deluxe no longer has AsusProbe as one of it's downloads. Neither in "Utilities" or "Dirvers" section. It's certainly not a Bios so unless I've suddenly become real stupid, it's NOT a download for my board. Interesting.

Da Worfster

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I love Asus mobos. Will not pick another company on builds anymore.

BUT: I can't stand their site. w/ all the $ they are making on sales they need to hire a "real" designer and re-work that whole mess. Like you I have had different models not show the probe as an option when it was on the driver disk that came w/ the board. It is usually hit or miss for me to find ANYTHING on that site. I have found better luck getting a dl from a 3rd party source if possible.

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Ahhhh...you have an A8V Deluxe? Since you never said what mobo you had i didnt really know what you were looking for, all i know is that its there for the A8R32-mvp which is unfortunately what im using atm.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Ahhhh...you have an A8V Deluxe? Since you never said what mobo you had i didnt really know what you were looking for, all i know is that its there for the A8R32-mvp which is unfortunately what im using atm.
Can I assume that AsusProbe the utility is NOT CPU or Mobo Specific? I know I had it, but I can't find it now... so if I download the latest version from a 3rd Party website I suppose I'll be allright...

Thanks...

Da Worfster

Da_Banig

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I have the old verson of asus probe, if you want I can send it to you.

Thanks for the love. If I can't get a newer version I'm PM you and let you know.

Thanks in advance...

Da Worfster

I got both new and old version, just PM me I will send it to you when I get home :)

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
I have the old verson of asus probe, if you want I can send it to you.

Thanks for the love. If I can't get a newer version I'm PM you and let you know.

Thanks in advance...

Da Worfster
You can't load AsusProbe II onto the Asus A8V Deluxe. I'll have to see if I can find a copy of the old AsusProbe somewhere.

Da Worfster