Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Bryon

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually. Finally I
hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also, update
Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
pretends to be Windows Media Player.

"Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
: while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????

Or just get the old version (and uninstall the new one), and you'll be fine.
No need for the "Alternative".

Dan wrote:
> RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
> back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
Finally I
> hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also, update
> Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
> ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
> pretends to be Windows Media Player.
>
> "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
message
>> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????

Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual C++
Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.

Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from the
providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that should
tell you something about the company, eh?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
message
> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
help???????

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

No argument there, Bill. You use version 8 Basic, correct? Does it have any
tracking ability or want to connnect to the internet to report to
RealNetworks for any reason? Thanks in advance for the reply(ies). :>

:
: Dan wrote:
: > RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
: > back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
: Finally I
: > hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also,
update
: > Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
: > ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
: > pretends to be Windows Media Player.
: >
: > "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
: >> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
: message
: >> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
help???????
:
:

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Perhaps Byron was thinking about C++ and RealPlayer at the same time. Maybe
Byron meant to ask two questions or maybe he had one too many drinks (quiet
smile) I await his post to clear the matter up.

: Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual C++
: Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
: give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
:
: Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from the
: providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that should
: tell you something about the company, eh?
:
: --
: Gary S. Terhune
: MS MVP Shell/User
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
:
: "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
: > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
: message
: > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
: help???????
:

Perhaps Dan should keep more of his extraneous thoughts, thoughts like
the ones below, to himself.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
> Perhaps Byron was thinking about C++ and RealPlayer at the same time.
Maybe
> Byron meant to ask two questions or maybe he had one too many drinks
(quiet
> smile) I await his post to clear the matter up.

> : Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual
C++
> : Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
> : give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
> :
> : Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from
the
> : providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that
should
> : tell you something about the company, eh?
> :
> : --
> : Gary S. Terhune
> : MS MVP Shell/User
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> :
> : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
> : > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
error
> : message
> : > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
> : help???????
> :

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just got back from vacation. My mind is on fun mode. LOL!! Give me 3 days
and I will be back to normal. :>

: > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
: > news:e8TbYvXGFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
: > : Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual
: C++
: > : Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
: > : give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
: > :
: > : Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from
: the
: > : providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that
: should
: > : tell you something about the company, eh?
: > :
: > : --
: > : Gary S. Terhune
: > : MS MVP Shell/User
: > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
: > :
: > : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > : news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
: > : > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
: error
: > : message
: > : > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
: > : help???????
: > :
: >
: >
:

I use version 8, and I don't have any tracking. Whether or not I did
that, I can't remember, but one thing is for sure: if it ever pops up, I'll
"take care of it". Of that you can be assured.

"Bryon" wrote:

> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????The error message says ( Runtime Error in c:/program files/real/realplayer/realplayer.exe Abnormal program termination) The pop-up box is from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Is this better info? Does it still sound like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!

Bryon

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

"Bryon" wrote:

> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe, Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!

OK, so it isn't likely a problem with the C++ Runtime Libraries
themselves, more likely a problem with the Real program. Real tech
support is the place to go.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> "Bryon" wrote:
>
> > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
message
> > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,
Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound
like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I understand. Have a great night, Bill. Almost time for zzz's for me.

: Dan wrote:
: > No argument there, Bill. You use version 8 Basic, correct? Does it have
: any
: > tracking ability or want to connnect to the internet to report to
: > RealNetworks for any reason? Thanks in advance for the reply(ies). :>
: >
: > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
: > news:%23NkLs6WGFHA.1396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: >> Or just get the old version (and uninstall the new one), and you'll be
: fine.
: >> No need for the "Alternative".
: >>
: >> Dan wrote:
: >>> RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully
: and
: >>> back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
: Finally I
: >>> hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also,
: update
: >>> Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
: >>> ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
: >>> pretends to be Windows Media Player.
: >>>
: >>> "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: >>> news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
: >>>> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
: message
: >>>> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
: help???????
:
:

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Byron could also use Real Player 8 like Bill uses or Real Alternative Player
to stop problems. Byron you will need to unistall the current product. If
you have paid for it then perhaps you can get a partial or full refund since
you are having difficulties.

: OK, so it isn't likely a problem with the C++ Runtime Libraries
: themselves, more likely a problem with the Real program. Real tech
: support is the place to go.
:
: --
: Gary S. Terhune
: MS MVP Shell/User
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
:
: "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: news:9DD06EF0-B721-4ED7-8D57-F6EC3DDDEE83@microsoft.com...
: >
: >
: > "Bryon" wrote:
: >
: > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
: message
: > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
: help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,
: Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
: Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound
: like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!
:

Byron is using the paid "Real Player Plus" to convert CD tracks (I
presume) to MP3s and then burn them. These functions are not part of the
Basic Real Player, AFAIK.
http://www.real.com/playerplus/?alttmpl=yes&src=022305realhome_1_1_1_1_1_1

Myself, I wouldn't use it. I'd use WMP to rip the tracks, then Roxio to
burn them.

--

> Byron could also use Real Player 8 like Bill uses or Real Alternative
Player
> to stop problems. Byron you will need to unistall the current
product. If
> you have paid for it then perhaps you can get a partial or full refund
since
> you are having difficulties.

> : OK, so it isn't likely a problem with the C++ Runtime Libraries
> : themselves, more likely a problem with the Real program. Real tech
> : support is the place to go.
> :
> : --
> : Gary S. Terhune
> : MS MVP Shell/User
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> :
> : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : news:9DD06EF0-B721-4ED7-8D57-F6EC3DDDEE83@microsoft.com...
> : >
> : >
> : > "Bryon" wrote:
> : >
> : > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
error
> : message
> : > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
> : help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Library,
> : Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
> : Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still
sound
> : like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!
> :

Bryon

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

"Bryon" wrote:

> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????Problem solved!!!! Turns out there were a couple of WMA clips in my playlist. As you all know, realplayer does not convert wma files. After I deleted them from the playlist, I had no further problem converting tracks. Thanks for the help anyway.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, Roxio is a good burner and WMP does do a good job of ripping the
tracks.

[...]
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > "Bryon" wrote:
: > : >
: > : > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
: error
: > : message
: > : > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
: > : help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
: Library,
: > : Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
: > : Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still
: sound
: > : like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!
: > :
: >
: >
:

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well what do you use and like? Please elaborate so others can understand
your thinking. Thanks in advance and have a great night.

<kurtkocaine420@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
: ehhhhhhhhh
: