Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????
18 answers Last reply
More about microsoft visual runtime library

    RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
    back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually. Finally I
    hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also, update
    Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
    ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
    pretends to be Windows Media Player.

    "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
    : while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????

    Or just get the old version (and uninstall the new one), and you'll be fine.
    No need for the "Alternative".

    Dan wrote:
    > RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
    > back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
    Finally I
    > hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also, update
    > Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
    > ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
    > pretends to be Windows Media Player.
    >
    > "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    message
    >> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????

    Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual C++
    Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
    give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.

    Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from the
    providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that should
    tell you something about the company, eh?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    message
    > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    help???????

    No argument there, Bill. You use version 8 Basic, correct? Does it have any
    tracking ability or want to connnect to the internet to report to
    RealNetworks for any reason? Thanks in advance for the reply(ies). :>

    :
    : Dan wrote:
    : > RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully and
    : > back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
    : Finally I
    : > hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also,
    update
    : > Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
    : > ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
    : > pretends to be Windows Media Player.
    : >
    : > "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : > news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
    : >> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    : message
    : >> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    help???????
    :
    :

    Perhaps Byron was thinking about C++ and RealPlayer at the same time. Maybe
    Byron meant to ask two questions or maybe he had one too many drinks (quiet
    smile) I await his post to clear the matter up.

    : Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual C++
    : Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
    : give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
    :
    : Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from the
    : providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that should
    : tell you something about the company, eh?
    :
    : --
    : Gary S. Terhune
    : MS MVP Shell/User
    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    :
    : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
    : > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    : message
    : > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    : help???????
    :

    Perhaps Dan should keep more of his extraneous thoughts, thoughts like
    the ones below, to himself.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > Perhaps Byron was thinking about C++ and RealPlayer at the same time.
    Maybe
    > Byron meant to ask two questions or maybe he had one too many drinks
    (quiet
    > smile) I await his post to clear the matter up.

    > : Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual
    C++
    > : Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
    > : give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
    > :
    > : Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from
    the
    > : providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that
    should
    > : tell you something about the company, eh?
    > :
    > : --
    > : Gary S. Terhune
    > : MS MVP Shell/User
    > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    > :
    > : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > : news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
    > : > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
    error
    > : message
    > : > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    > : help???????
    > :

    I just got back from vacation. My mind is on fun mode. LOL!! Give me 3 days
    and I will be back to normal. :>

    : > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    : > news:e8TbYvXGFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    : > : Ummm.... Your Subject line indicates an error related to the Visual
    : C++
    : > : Runtime Library (which is rather strange in itself...) But you don't
    : > : give us the exact error message, so it's hard to provide an answer.
    : > :
    : > : Additionally, your first line of support in this case should be from
    : the
    : > : providers of the software. If they can't provide an answer, that
    : should
    : > : tell you something about the company, eh?
    : > :
    : > : --
    : > : Gary S. Terhune
    : > : MS MVP Shell/User
    : > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    : > : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    : > :
    : > : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : > : news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
    : > : > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
    : error
    : > : message
    : > : > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    : > : help???????
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :

    I use version 8, and I don't have any tracking. Whether or not I did
    that, I can't remember, but one thing is for sure: if it ever pops up, I'll
    "take care of it". Of that you can be assured.

    "Bryon" wrote:

    > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
    > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe, Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!

    OK, so it isn't likely a problem with the C++ Runtime Libraries
    themselves, more likely a problem with the Real program. Real tech
    support is the place to go.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > "Bryon" wrote:
    >
    > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    message
    > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,
    Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
    Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound
    like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!

    I understand. Have a great night, Bill. Almost time for zzz's for me.

    : Dan wrote:
    : > No argument there, Bill. You use version 8 Basic, correct? Does it have
    : any
    : > tracking ability or want to connnect to the internet to report to
    : > RealNetworks for any reason? Thanks in advance for the reply(ies). :>
    : >
    : > "Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    : > news:%23NkLs6WGFHA.1396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : >> Or just get the old version (and uninstall the new one), and you'll be
    : fine.
    : >> No need for the "Alternative".
    : >>
    : >> Dan wrote:
    : >>> RealPlayer uses tracking and invades your privacy. Unistall it fully
    : and
    : >>> back up the registry and remove associated registry keys manually.
    : Finally I
    : >>> hear that Real Alternative is okay but I have never used it. Also,
    : update
    : >>> Windows fully, run antivirus, and antispyware programs. Watch out for
    : >>> ViewPoint Media Player because it is a sneaky spyware music player that
    : >>> pretends to be Windows Media Player.
    : >>>
    : >>> "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : >>> news:442473F6-4710-4837-91C1-4FC400D6EED3@microsoft.com...
    : >>>> When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    : message
    : >>>> while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    : help???????
    :
    :

    Byron could also use Real Player 8 like Bill uses or Real Alternative Player
    to stop problems. Byron you will need to unistall the current product. If
    you have paid for it then perhaps you can get a partial or full refund since
    you are having difficulties.

    : OK, so it isn't likely a problem with the C++ Runtime Libraries
    : themselves, more likely a problem with the Real program. Real tech
    : support is the place to go.
    :
    : --
    : Gary S. Terhune
    : MS MVP Shell/User
    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    :
    : "Bryon" <Bryon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : news:9DD06EF0-B721-4ED7-8D57-F6EC3DDDEE83@microsoft.com...
    : >
    : >
    : > "Bryon" wrote:
    : >
    : > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error
    : message
    : > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    : help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,
    : Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
    : Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still sound
    : like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!
    :

    Byron is using the paid "Real Player Plus" to convert CD tracks (I
    presume) to MP3s and then burn them. These functions are not part of the
    Basic Real Player, AFAIK.
    http://www.real.com/playerplus/?alttmpl=yes&src=022305realhome_1_1_1_1_1_1

    Myself, I wouldn't use it. I'd use WMP to rip the tracks, then Roxio to
    burn them.

    --

    "Bryon" wrote:

    > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime error message
    > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone help???????Problem solved!!!! Turns out there were a couple of WMA clips in my playlist. As you all know, realplayer does not convert wma files. After I deleted them from the playlist, I had no further problem converting tracks. Thanks for the help anyway.

    Yeah, Roxio is a good burner and WMP does do a good job of ripping the
    tracks.

[...]
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : > "Bryon" wrote:
    : > : >
    : > : > > When I'm burning cd's in Real Player 10 Plus, I get a runtime
    : error
    : > : message
    : > : > > while the files are being converted to mp3 format. Can anyone
    : > : help???????The pop up box reads Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
    : Library,
    : > : Runtime Error in C:/Program Files/Real/Realplayer/Realplayer.exe,
    : > : Abnormal Program Termination. Is this info better?Does it still
    : sound
    : > : like two questions?Or is it still too many drinks!
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :

    ehhhhhhhhh

    Well what do you use and like? Please elaborate so others can understand
    your thinking. Thanks in advance and have a great night.

    <kurtkocaine420@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    : ehhhhhhhhh
    :

Visual C++ Microsoft Runtime Windows