autoexec.bat in msconfig

RJ

I'm not able to uncheck the 'Process autoexec' box. As soon as I click
Apply, it puts the check mark back. There were a couple lines in the
autoexec.bat file but I deleted them so now the file is empty. But when I
click the Autoexec.bat tab in msconfig there's still an empty box there
which can't be deleted. How do I get rid of it?

If there's nothing in the file, delete it altogether. Are there any
other Autoexec.* files in the C:\ root directory? Autoexec.TSH, for
instance?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"RJ" <rjnothere@netzero.net> wrote in message
> I'm not able to uncheck the 'Process autoexec' box. As soon as I click
> Apply, it puts the check mark back. There were a couple lines in the
> autoexec.bat file but I deleted them so now the file is empty. But
when I
> click the Autoexec.bat tab in msconfig there's still an empty box
there
> which can't be deleted. How do I get rid of it?

RJ

that worked, thanks!

> If there's nothing in the file, delete it altogether. Are there any
> other Autoexec.* files in the C:\ root directory? Autoexec.TSH, for
> instance?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "RJ" <rjnothere@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > I'm not able to uncheck the 'Process autoexec' box. As soon as I click
> > Apply, it puts the check mark back. There were a couple lines in the
> > autoexec.bat file but I deleted them so now the file is empty. But
> when I
> > click the Autoexec.bat tab in msconfig there's still an empty box
> there
> > which can't be deleted. How do I get rid of it?

I'm still interested in knowing if there's a C:\Autoexec.tsh file.