HP printer ink for passport picture??

bill

Unknown wrote:

>Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA
>passport pictures?

For the couple of bucks it costs to get a passport photo at the local
camera shop, why take the chance? It's not like you need to get it done
every couple of weeks.

Besides, passport photos must meet certain size constraints for the
subject (I don't mean the paper size). If the image is too big or too
small, they won't accept it.

"Unknown" <dwilkins@unitelc.com> wrote in message

> Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA
> passport pictures?

I used a DeskJet to print my passport photo with no problems.

Regards,

In article <3l500111cqrkbr8suiij7dnnqdnj4k4ria@4ax.com>,
dwilkins@unitelc.com says...

> Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA
> passport pictures?

I printed succesful passport pics on a Lexmark (the Yugo of printers)
last spring.

There is a government site with "photographer's info" for passport
photos (I can't remember for sure, Commerce Dept. maybe? but Google
probably remembers). Had all the details, head size, position in photo,
etc, with good & bad examples. They specifically say digital photo OK.
You'll have to use better lighting than on-camera flash, though. They
are quite negative about shadow on wall behind head.