am2 release date ????

i am curently waiting for the am2 and new amd processor release to upgrade my config , i have read on TgDaily and HKEPC that the release date is 6 june . can someone tell me when i will be able to buy am2 based motherboard and new amd processor in shop (no on internet)
28 answers Last reply
More about release date
  1. :roll: You probably know how that goes, paper launch it on June 6, then come up with excuses why no retailers have stock... Before you know it, Conroe will be available ahead of stocks of AM2 boards/chips.
  2. Quote:
    :roll: You probably know how that goes, paper launch it on June 6, then come up with excuses why no retailers have stock... Before you know it, Conroe will be available ahead of stocks of AM2 boards/chips.


    And before you know it, RichPLS will say a Non-Intel-fanboy statement....nope, sorry, he got delayed too :oops:.

    ~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  3. Oooooh, Paper Processors! :lol:
  4. yea i really think that will take 2 month to be able to buy 1 so actually should i buy right now since its not a big performance boost from amd to amd 2 ? ddr2 not even runing at expected speed and test atm show a 5% increase in the best case and a overall 1 to 3 % increase ><
  5. It never ends with you ass pirates...

    /me leaves CPU forums
  6. Ok so AM2 sports DDR2 for the memory is mean significantly faster or is it gonna be just like the Intel upgrading to DDR2 for a little performance gain. Is this mean that now AMD having DDR2 in it's arsenal is gonna even with the Intel's incoming Conroe chips? Is there really a big benifit to have the DDR2 on AM2 or just spending extra money for a memory?
  7. AMD are not idiots. They didnt release ddr2 compatible hardware because there was no physical need for it. And i doubt they will sit on their fingers while Conroe rapes them. Im sure they got something brewing. Just like so many times Nvid comes out with a new amazing card, and a couple weeks later out of nowhere ATI busts out with something better.
  8. Its similar to Intel's move to DDR2, not really much performance gain (some), but paves the way for more improvements. Its really a reverse of what happened already, intel->LGA775+DDR2=weak gains, AMD brings out 64-bit, kicks ass. Just reverse the cycle and repeat. However, I don't think AMD will be nearly as slow to make the next step as intel was (its still not happened yet btw).

    But I hardly think AMD will have no chips available on the release date, its too big of a sign of weakness to do that right now. They'll be there, and plenty of them, don't worry about that. The release is a month and a half away and we've seen working boards from multiple companies and chips too.
  9. Well, I have no doubt AMD will ulitilize the DDR2 for their new platform. But I'm wondering how much increase are we talking about here over the AMD DDR boards. Is there any performance reviews about this AM2 DDR2 boards that I can read about? I have an AMD rig with X2 4800 and I might change it's board that if it is possible to do so only when I'm convince with the performance gain. Right now my X2 4800 is setting on a $75 board with one 7800GT and 4Gb of DDR400. Im just waiting for the right time to upgrade this rig to finally kick some serious butt and go even with my 840EE gaming rig.
  10. Quote:
    ..... or is it gonna be just like the Intel upgrading to DDR2 for a little performance gain.


    Bingo!
  11. Quote:
    It never ends with you ass pirates...

    /me leaves CPU forums


    Word.
  12. AM2 is supposed to start shipping May 15. If this happens without a hitch then you can expect to see it on shelves June 6. There is only a small performance gain, ~6% (see Anandtech) from AM2...for now. If you get socket 939 now and want to upgrade later you will need an AM2 chip, new mobo and DDR2. If you build an AM2 system and want to upgrade later (multicore?) all you will need is the chip.
  13. I'm an AMD fanboy, I admit it freely.
    I'm not buying any brand new cpu on 6/6/6.
    Not even if it was dipped in gold and came with a pizza-bearing pornstar.
    Bad juju, man
  14. Quote:
    I'm an AMD fanboy, I admit it freely.
    I'm not buying any brand new cpu on 6/6/6.
    Not even if it was dipped in gold and came with a pizza-bearing pornstar.
    Bad juju, man


    LOL. How about on 6/7/6.
  15. Quote:

    Not even if it was dipped in gold and came with a pizza-bearing pornstar.


    I'm going to have to remember that line...good one
  16. HardOCP has a translation of an article that says it may be May 23rd now.

    http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTgzMDMsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=
  17. Quote:
    Well, I have no doubt AMD will ulitilize the DDR2 for their new platform. But I'm wondering how much increase are we talking about here over the AMD DDR boards. Is there any performance reviews about this AM2 DDR2 boards that I can read about? I have an AMD rig with X2 4800 and I might change it's board that if it is possible to do so only when I'm convince with the performance gain. Right now my X2 4800 is setting on a $75 board with one 7800GT and 4Gb of DDR400. Im just waiting for the right time to upgrade this rig to finally kick some serious butt and go even with my 840EE gaming rig.



    The biggest improvement for me will be the possibility to have more memory in my normal desktop, I am stuck at 4GB and for my needs that's about 1/4 of the ideal and about 1/2 of the acceptable. Unless I go now for an Opteron boards with 4 x 2GB sticks of REG ECC DDR400
  18. Quote:
    HardOCP has a translation of an article that says it may be May 23rd now.

    http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MTgzMDMsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=


    good news !!!
  19. I hate hearing about release dates.... AMD or Intel or Nvidia or ATI you name the company... They ALL do it lol I mean maybe some store 2 miles from the factory has it on that day and can inventory it and price it. Hmmmm maybe im just being greedy ! AMD and Intel hear my plea ! Gimmie gimmie gimmie !!! lol
  20. Quote:
    i am curently waiting for the am2 and new amd processor release to upgrade my config , i have read on TgDaily and HKEPC that the release date is 6 june . can someone tell me when i will be able to buy am2 based motherboard and new amd processor in shop (no on internet)

    K8 + AM2 + DDR2 = WATING TIME & MONEY
    If you want AMD, buy s939 Opteron with DDR500 CL2(I guess cost less than DDR2-800 CL4) and DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra mobo, so you can overclock it easy and get much faster system for less or same money that the AM2 one that you plan to waste money for.
    If you cna wait, than wait for Conroe. It is the right choice that significiently overperforms K8 at lower clock and will cost less.
  21. When they will be available to the costumer? I dunno probably by July when you will have both AM2 and Conroe benchamarked. Then you'll be able to make a good decision.
  22. http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1854
    They are releasing AM2 on May 23rd. So give it about another week or two and you could build a system based on it. At least that is how I have seen it go.
  23. Quote:
    It never ends with you ass pirates...

    /me leaves CPU forums

    Ditto [/packs bag and leave]

    Too bad you guys are leaving. It would be really interesting to see what the most vocal AMD fanboys (you know who you are :evil: ) say if Intel’s claims are actually true… :D
  24. Quote:

    I'm not buying any brand new cpu on 6/6/6.
    Not even if it was dipped in gold and came with a pizza-bearing pornstar.
    Bad juju, man


    Man if it came with a Pizza bearing pornstar I would take it even on 666/666/666 :oops:

    Actually the last I've heard is that AMD brought forward the date by 2 weeks.
  25. As I posted above, it is May 23rd.
  26. Quote:
    K8 + AM2 + DDR2 = WATING TIME & MONEY
    If you want AMD, buy s939 Opteron with DDR500 CL2(I guess cost less than DDR2-800 CL4) and DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra mobo, so you can overclock it easy and get much faster system for less or same money that the AM2 one that you plan to waste money for.
    If you cna wait, than wait for Conroe. It is the right choice that significiently overperforms K8 at lower clock and will cost less.

    THATS the only truth out there.
    AM2 was designed for Quad-Core and not to outperform 939.
    If you buy AM2 this year and use some dual-core or single-core (which AMD for some reason still produces even though they stated that single-cores do not deliver acceptable performance/watt) your just wasting money.

    23rd of May will be the day when AMD will start shipping the CPUs. The day when YOU will be able to buy them still is the 6th of June.
    At least thats what theyve always done so far.
  27. well it all depends if you get to keep the pizza bearing porn star...If i got to keep her than i would buy an AM2 chip on 6/6/6. i dont see it happening unless thats added to their marketing tho :lol:
  28. they they was suposed to start shiping the 15 of may and release the 6 now they release the 23 so i guess they start ship earlier than 15
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Configuration Processors AMD Product