Help with a new watercooling system/Where to shop for parts

c4onastick

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
Was planning a new computer build with this tax rebate comming back, but then my blazer decided to develop a hole in the bottom of my water pump. Adios new computer. Anyway, after seeing all that coolant on the ground, it got me thinking about diving into an area I hadn't tried before. WaterCooling. I read the sticky and did a little research, though it seems that information on this subject is a little sparse. Here's what I've come up with.

I decided to piece together a system, since the consensus I get from most reviews is that the kits are cheap for a reason.

System Specs:
Athlon XP (Barton, DTR) 2500+ OC'd to 2Ghz
1 gig ram
eVGA 6800GT (AGP unfortunately)
Lian-Li V1000

I recently noticed that my GPU temperatures were creeping up, mostly because of a little dust build up in the cooler. Nevertheless its a great opportunity to do some water cooling.

I was looking at this set up:
Asetek WaterChill Antarctica CPU Block
Danger Den Black Ice Pro 120mm Radiator (Better than Xtreme?) (4-pass vs 2-pass)
Danger Den Acetal Maze4 nVidia/ATI GPU Water Block
And Either:
Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V Water Pump
OR
Asetek WaterChill Xtreme Integrated Pump / Reservoir

I'm trying to put this system all inside my case, and while I'm a big fan of Zalman, I don't like the idea of their huge resivoir/pump outside the case.

Two questions:

Any comments/suggestions?
Where's a good place to shop for water cooling componets like these? (Been browsing frozencpu.com)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

tchiwam

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Location would be nice, but I talk to guys there www.coolputer.fi, even if they won't be the place to deliver, you can browse their pages to find ideas.