Explanation needed

I recently added PMDG 737 800/900 to my Flight Sim. However after
having one or two hiccups I decided to uninstal. I completely did this
and also uninstalled Flight Simulator. I then searched for all files
PMDG & Flight Simulator and deleted them. Thinking then I had a
complete clean sheet I reinstalled Flight Simulator only. Now when i
load Flight simulator I get the following message- The requested
flight file is corrupt or cant be found. Flight Simulator will now try
to load the default flight. - Which it always does so no big problem.

Can anyone explain to me why this
is as I believed I had a clean sheet. Thanking you in
expectation Charlie

More about explanation needed

    cessnaoo1 <cessnaoo1@forums.simradar.com> wrote:

    > Can anyone explain to me why this
    > is as I believed I had a clean sheet.

    This reads to me like the uninstall left behind the fs9.cfg file, which
    contains all types of install-specific values, including default flight
    information. Look for the fs9.cfg file (location below), then delete it.
    The sim will create another one the next time you relaunch it.

    If you run FS2004 under Windows XP/2000, the fs9.cfg file is located here:

    Drive:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

    This may be a hidden folder so you will need to modify the folder options
    via the Tools > Folder Options > View menu choice off Windows Explorer,
    then check the "Show hidden files and folders" option.

    If you run Windows 9x, the fs9.cfg file is located here:

    Drive:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9

    --
    Peter

    Hi Peter

    Thanks for your prompt reply and detailed explanation.
    Unfortunately I am not computer literate. I cannot find the fs9cfg
    file. I tried to do as you said . Found the flight files and deleted
    config- fs9exe' all to no avail' I have since restored them Am I
    looking in the wrong place? Tried looking under documents but couldnt
    find what you said .Also checked that I had show hidden files ticked.
    Sorry to be so simple but can you explain further. Thanks Charlie

    Hi Peter,
    Cracked it at last. Found the cfg file like you said and
    deleted it. Works a treat now. I cant tell you how grateful I am.
    Many, many thanks Charlie

    cessnaoo1 <cessnaoo1@forums.simradar.com> wrote:

    > Cracked it at last. Found the cfg file like you said and
    > deleted it. Works a treat now. I cant tell you how grateful I am.
    > Many, many thanks Charlie

    Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Peter