booting problem

noname

My pentuim II sometimes doesn't start properly and stops in booting just in
between. I have to restart it manualy and then I am prompted to start windows
in different modes with safe mode selected with default. help needed, thanks
a lot.

Two diagnostic checks to make --

Does the system restart reliably after it has been on for a long time?
If so, the problem may be caused by the hardware being cool.
Sometimes, tiny defects develop in circuit boards: these cause trouble
when the boards are cool but behave nicely when the boards are warm.

Does the system start reliably in Safe Mode? If the trouble only
occurs during a Normal Mode start up and never occurs in Safe Mode,
then the trouble is caused by something that Safe Mode eliminates.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)