Wondering about wizard...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 22, 2005 4:57:16 PM

I've been through the right routes for the item but I get a message
saying internet wizard has failed to load. I think the stupid msn thing
has done something to it. With regards to extracting from cd any ideas
as to which folder within the cd I can find it in and where to save it
to(question mark).
Thanks

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

More about : wondering wizard

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:57:17 PM

"PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1kv1oe@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message
news:p SYCHOPIXIE.1kv1oe@news.win98banter.com...

> I've been through the right routes for the item but I get a message
> saying internet wizard has failed to load. I think the stupid msn thing
> has done something to it. With regards to extracting from cd any ideas
> as to which folder within the cd I can find it in and where to save it
> to(question mark).

Error Message:
Failed to Load the Internet Connection Wizard Helper Component

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q224828
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:47:41 PM

When there is an error message involved, you should post it verbatim and
describe the circumstances that cause it to appear. Hugh's article
describes the location of the files--here is how to extract them:

Run sfc.exe and select the "extract one file..." option. Type in the
complete name of the missing file you want to restore or use the browse
button for a file replacement. Click start and in the resulting window,
browse to the location of the folder containing the W98 .cab files (either
the hard drive or CDRom drive). If the information in the "save in" box is
wrong, use the browse button to show where the file is to be restored to.
Click OK and if appropriate, on the resulting screen, show the location
where the file being replaced is to be backed up to. Click OK or skip as
appropriate. Restart your computer and the file replacement will occur
during the boot process.

If you are going to use sfc.exe for other than the extract option, I highly
recommend that you first read the article here:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/using_sfc.html

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1kv1oe@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message
news:p SYCHOPIXIE.1kv1oe@news.win98banter.com...

> I've been through the right routes for the item but I get a message
> saying internet wizard has failed to load. I think the stupid msn thing
> has done something to it. With regards to extracting from cd any ideas
> as to which folder within the cd I can find it in and where to save it
> to(question mark).
> Thanks
>

> Ron Badour Wrote:
>> Do a find on: icwconn1.exe and double click it. If it is missing,
>> extract a copy from your W98 CD.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
>> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
>> Knowledge Base Info:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>>
>> "PSYCHOPIXIE" PSYCHOPIXIE.1kjxo1@news.win98banter.com wrote in message
>> news:p SYCHOPIXIE.1kjxo1@news.win98banter.com...-
>>
>> A short while ago when I installed win98se back over itself to sort
>> out
>> a sound cock up, my basic internet wizard thingy has been replaced
>> with
>> an msm thingy. The pc I'm refering to isn't online at present but has
>> been with it's previous owner. Now when I go to properties within
>> internet explorer, set up, the wizard cannot be found. I don't want
>> the
>> stupid msn set up thing. I would like my internet wizard thingy back.
>> Any ideas.
>>

>> --
>> PSYCHOPIXIE-
>

> --
> PSYCHOPIXIE
February 22, 2005 11:00:47 PM

"Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> When there is an error message involved, you should post it verbatim and
> describe the circumstances that cause it to appear. Hugh's article
> describes the location of the files--here is how to extract them:

I didn't supply that information because the KB link
I supplied contains a link to

HOW TO: Extract Original Compressed Windows Files
February 23, 2005 3:15:11 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood your intention. The article may still apply however.