winmsd for 98?

can anyone tell me how i can find out what drivers i need/ information about
components in my recently purchased 2nd hand pc.
i have limited knowledge but was hoping running the winmsd command might
work, it didn't

A good start would be to post the brand name and model type.
Then someone might be able to steer you in the right direction.

"Stephen Ward" <MOVEmail@make.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me how i can find out what drivers i need/ information
> about components in my recently purchased 2nd hand pc.
> i have limited knowledge but was hoping running the winmsd command might
> work, it didn't

"Stephen Ward" <MOVEmail@make.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> can anyone tell me how i can find out what drivers i need/ information
about
> components in my recently purchased 2nd hand pc.
> i have limited knowledge but was hoping running the winmsd command might
> work, it didn't

1. Inside the PC / start / settings / control panel / system
/ device manager
and entries for each item will tell you wnat drivers are
already installed (if any.)

2. The free downloadable diagnostic from www.belarc.com
may have useful information too.

--