Update Pixels?

My computer was just wiped and windows 98 was reinstalled. Every thing is
working fine except i can not change the pixel setting. Is there a update
for this or any other way to fix it?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do you know the video manufacturer of your card? Is it located on the MB or
is it a usually superior seperate video card? Please download the latest
driver(s) after you either open your case and find out or check your
documentation to discover what kind of video card this is. Also, with sound
cards it is necessary to download the latest software from the manufacturer.
Always practice safe downloading and do not download from risky locations and
fully scan all in-coming files even if you think they are safe.

"NewfieGal" <NewfieGal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: My computer was just wiped and windows 98 was reinstalled. Every thing is
: working fine except i can not change the pixel setting. Is there a update
: for this or any other way to fix it?

You probably need to update your video display adapter driver. Do Start /
Settings / Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Adapter and note
the adapter description. If this is some type of generic VGA driver, or if
it doesn't exactly match the adapter installed in your machine, then you
need to find and install the video adapter drivers specific to your
particular hardware. These should be available at the video adapter card
manufacturer's www site, or if the video adapter is integrated into the
motherboard then it should be available at the motherboard manufacturer's
www site. You may have been provided with a CD as part of your system
deal - in that case the drivers should be on that CD. If you have upgraded
your video adapter since you bought the machine then the upgrade should have
included a CD that would have the drivers on it.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"NewfieGal" <NewfieGal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer was just wiped and windows 98 was reinstalled. Every thing is
> working fine except i can not change the pixel setting. Is there a update
> for this or any other way to fix it?

TRENDING THREADS