problem with internet connection win98se

Hi I have a p/c running win98se on a network that can see and logon to
any other p/c on the network but will not connect to the internet.
I am using a netgear router and adsl and all p/cs have fixed ips.
this is the only p/c not to connect to the web.
I can ping 127.0.0.1 etc, but not the gateway (10.0.0.50).
the ip settings are 10.0.0.12 mask 255.255.255.0
I cannot u/g to winxp as some special software on this p/c will not
run under XP.

I have checked for viruses etc & spyware but all seems clean.
Any ideas please.
J Mcc jmccardl@nospam.bigpond.net.au

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It could be a software conflict in 98SE or a loose connection or the software
settings in 98SE that are preventing connection to the Internet. Can you
provide us with more detailed information and any relevant error messages
please. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful night.

: