Wondering about wizard...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 23, 2005 10:55:12 AM

Thanks for yor replies. The situation occurs when I click the set up
tab within internet explorer, properties. I remembered that before I
installed windows back over itself to sort out an installation problem
that if I clicked internet explorer icon an internet wizard thingy came
up but now if I do that I get an msn thingy which gets on my nerves.
Also as the wizard should be present but isn't( my pc is not online yet
but clearly I will need the wizard to set up). I get the failed to load
internet wizard message if I click that settings tab but the msn set up
if I click internet explorer. I think I do actually have a higher
version of internet explorer than is provided with win 98se due to I
think system works or some other installation that requries you install
a higher version of internet explorer (it was on the disc). What course
of action should I take: either reinstall internet explorer from which
ever disk I got it from or extract the internet wizard if that is
possible from installation cd or cabs file on c drive.(question mark).
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't win98se store a large amount of
compressed system files in the cabs folder (question mark). With
regards to a previous query I followed instructions to extract
setupx.dll and I found it near impossible to locate on the actual disk
but windows was happy to extract it from windows\options\cabs and told
me the extraction was successful. Someone tell me if I have made
another boo boo there so I can revert my hard drive. (blush) :)  Ps what
would be the name of the internet wizard file.

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

More about : wondering wizard

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:36:28 AM

You still have not provided the error message verbatim.

The wizard's file name is icwconn1.exe.

What has probably occurred is there is a file mismatch because you installed
W98 over itself (probably a mistake--I don't recommend this as a viable
fix). You can try replacing the files the article mentions; however, a
better solution might be to install a new version of IExplorer if you have
access to it.

--

news:p SYCHOPIXIE.1kwfoh@news.win98banter.com...

!