Novice Question

My friend in Tucson has a Gateway. Her system crashed last week. As of last
evening, when she started up the computer she receives a message on her
screen which reads "power saver on", then the screen goes blank and she can't
do anything. Where should she begin. Please use basic instructions, thanks.
Steve

That suggests a hardware failure. The message is probably coming from the
monitor itself, which means that the processor isn't starting, or the video
card isn't working, or the monitor isn't connected.

Do any lights on the front panel or keyboard come on? Is there noise from
the fans or hard disk? Are all the cables properly connected?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)