Can't run setup.exe for a certain program!

Can't run setup.exe for a certain program! I'm running Win98SE with 256 MB ram
and a PIII also 10 GB HD. I can't run the setup.exe from this particular CD on
this machine. It will work on other machines just fine...but it just hangs on
this one. It seems to start and then nothing...no install window or anything.
It does show up in running tasks when I do alt-ctrl-del but nothing is
happening. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about setup program

    Copy the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard drive and run Setup
    from there. Good idea to delete the Autorun.inf file from the local
    copy.

    This will at least tell us if it's the program itself or a problem
    involving reading the CD (a common issue.)

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "jaybo" <jaybo@here.net> wrote in message
    > Can't run setup.exe for a certain program! I'm running Win98SE with
    256 MB ram
    > and a PIII also 10 GB HD. I can't run the setup.exe from this
    particular CD on
    > this machine. It will work on other machines just fine...but it just
    hangs on
    > this one. It seems to start and then nothing...no install window or
    anything.
    > It does show up in running tasks when I do alt-ctrl-del but nothing is
    > happening. Any ideas?

    If gary's advice doesnt work check windows update catalogue for installer
    updates, the cd may require a later version than the one installed with
    windows

    --
    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de
    "jaybo" <jaybo@here.net> wrote in message
    | Can't run setup.exe for a certain program! I'm running Win98SE with 256
    MB ram
    | and a PIII also 10 GB HD. I can't run the setup.exe from this particular
    CD on
    | this machine. It will work on other machines just fine...but it just
    hangs on
    | this one. It seems to start and then nothing...no install window or
    anything.
    | It does show up in running tasks when I do alt-ctrl-del but nothing is
    | happening. Any ideas?

Microsoft Windows