Can't run setup.exe for a certain program!

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 23, 2005 8:40:43 PM

Can't run setup.exe for a certain program! I'm running Win98SE with 256 MB ram
and a PIII also 10 GB HD. I can't run the setup.exe from this particular CD on
this machine. It will work on other machines just fine...but it just hangs on
this one. It seems to start and then nothing...no install window or anything.
It does show up in running tasks when I do alt-ctrl-del but nothing is
happening. Any ideas?

More about : run setup exe program

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:40:44 PM

Copy the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard drive and run Setup
from there. Good idea to delete the Autorun.inf file from the local
copy.

This will at least tell us if it's the program itself or a problem
involving reading the CD (a common issue.)

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"jaybo" <jaybo@here.net> wrote in message
news:D nfp11hjl9q7a6j8vidnm1839rd9c72ss0@4ax.com...
> Can't run setup.exe for a certain program! I'm running Win98SE with
256 MB ram
> and a PIII also 10 GB HD. I can't run the setup.exe from this
particular CD on
> this machine. It will work on other machines just fine...but it just
hangs on
> this one. It seems to start and then nothing...no install window or
anything.
> It does show up in running tasks when I do alt-ctrl-del but nothing is
> happening. Any ideas?
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:59:07 PM

If gary's advice doesnt work check windows update catalogue for installer
updates, the cd may require a later version than the one installed with
windows

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de