Closed

Registry Editor problem

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
February 23, 2005 1:31:03 PM

Got a virus on my computer and part of the procedure to remove it requires me
to go into the registry. But when I type regedit it says that the registry
editor was disabled by my administrator.

I am the only one using this system. I tried going from Safe Mode and also
copying regedit.exe to regedit.com, but the same message comes up.
How can I get into the registry?
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 5:20:12 PM

"Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Got a virus on my computer and part of the procedure to remove it requires
me
> to go into the registry. But when I type regedit it says that the
registry
> editor was disabled by my administrator.

This is one way this virus works. Identify the
virus and look for its specific solution.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

This Swen fix should correct that.

http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/Fixswen.i...
(download, right-click, select Install)

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Moses"

!