Closed

Registry Editor problem

Got a virus on my computer and part of the procedure to remove it requires me
to go into the registry. But when I type regedit it says that the registry
editor was disabled by my administrator.

I am the only one using this system. I tried going from Safe Mode and also
copying regedit.exe to regedit.com, but the same message comes up.
How can I get into the registry?
2 answers Last reply
More about registry editor problem

    "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Got a virus on my computer and part of the procedure to remove it requires
    me
    > to go into the registry. But when I type regedit it says that the
    registry
    > editor was disabled by my administrator.

    This is one way this virus works. Identify the
    virus and look for its specific solution.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    This Swen fix should correct that.

    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/Fixswen.inf
    (download, right-click, select Install)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Moses"
    <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Got a virus on my computer and part of the procedure to remove it requires me
    >to go into the registry. But when I type regedit it says that the registry
    >editor was disabled by my administrator.
    >
    >I am the only one using this system. I tried going from Safe Mode and also
    >copying regedit.exe to regedit.com, but the same message comes up.
    >How can I get into the registry?

Registry Regedit Windows