Find %SYSTEMROOT%System32 folder???

I am trying to correct a problem using the Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article 324767 and am instructed to Right-
click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder. I don't know how
to find this...I have made it thru this far...Can anyone
help???!!! Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about find systemroot system32 folder

    %SYSTEMROOT% Specifies the location of the Windows folder. Usually the C
    drive. i.e. C:\WINDOWS

    %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32

    To know for sure...
    Start | Run | Paste or type: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 | OK

    Or open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
    X:\WINDOWS\System32
    where X is the drive where the Windows folder is located.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:06c601c49818$d8400d90$a301280a@phx.gbl,
    Holly B <handtsmom@aol.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Holly B" <handtsmom@aol.com>
    wrote in news:06c601c49818$d8400d90$a301280a@phx.gbl:
    > I am trying to correct a problem using the Microsoft
    > Knowledge Base Article 324767 and am instructed to Right-
    > click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder. I don't know how
    > to find this...I have made it thru this far...Can anyone
    > help???!!! Thanks

    Start -> Run, paste in "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32" (sans quotes). Since you
    were told to right-click the folder instead of navigate into it, backup
    to the parent directory and then right-click on the System32 folder.

    Values delimited by percent signs ("%") are usually environment
    variables. Use the SET command at a DOS prompt to see which ones are
    defined and see their values. See Microsoft's own KB article 310519
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310519). Environment variables harken
    back from the days when applications picked up settings stored within
    the shell they ran instead of reading the registry (because there was no
    registry). There are also several tutorials available through searches
    that will explain how to define and use environment variables.

    The %SYSTEMROOT% just refers to the main install folder for Windows. In this
    case, the install folder for WinXP would default to "Windows", so the folder
    you are looking for is \Windows\System32. Hope that helps some.

    "Holly B" <handtsmom@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to correct a problem using the Microsoft
    > Knowledge Base Article 324767 and am instructed to Right-
    > click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder. I don't know how
    > to find this...I have made it thru this far...Can anyone
    > help???!!! Thanks
  4. %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 folder. I don.t know how

System32 Microsoft Windows XP