I am trying to correct a problem using the Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article 324767 and am instructed to Right-
click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder. I don't know how
to find this...I have made it thru this far...Can anyone
help???!!! Thanks

%SYSTEMROOT% Specifies the location of the Windows folder. Usually the C
drive. i.e. C:\WINDOWS

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32

To know for sure...
Start | Run | Paste or type: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 | OK

Or open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
X:\WINDOWS\System32
where X is the drive where the Windows folder is located.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:06c601c49818$d8400d90$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Holly B <handtsmom@aol.com> hunted and pecked:

"Holly B" <handtsmom@aol.com>
wrote in news:06c601c49818$d8400d90$a301280a@phx.gbl:
> I am trying to correct a problem using the Microsoft
> Knowledge Base Article 324767 and am instructed to Right-
> click the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder. I don't know how
> to find this...I have made it thru this far...Can anyone
> help???!!! Thanks

Start -> Run, paste in "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32" (sans quotes). Since you
were told to right-click the folder instead of navigate into it, backup
to the parent directory and then right-click on the System32 folder.

Values delimited by percent signs ("%") are usually environment
variables. Use the SET command at a DOS prompt to see which ones are
defined and see their values. See Microsoft's own KB article 310519
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310519). Environment variables harken
back from the days when applications picked up settings stored within
the shell they ran instead of reading the registry (because there was no
registry). There are also several tutorials available through searches
that will explain how to define and use environment variables.

The %SYSTEMROOT% just refers to the main install folder for Windows. In this
case, the install folder for WinXP would default to "Windows", so the folder
you are looking for is \Windows\System32. Hope that helps some.