Wondering about wizard...

Sorry I think perhaps I misunderstood what you meant about providing the
error message. That was literally all it said, there were no codes or
such like. I will try reinstalling IE if I canf find the disk. I
presume if I wished to just extract the file I could do so from the
cabs folder(question mark) and would I then save it in the windows
system file.

--
PSYCHOPIXIE
1 answer Last reply

    When we are trying to find the answer to a problem, we use the **exact**
    error message in our search criteria. Being told in so many words what it
    said doesn't normally work.

    The icon wizard file is not filed in the system folder--see the article that
    Hugh referenced for the possible locations:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q224828

    --

    "PSYCHOPIXIE" <PSYCHOPIXIE.1kxd0d@news.win98banter.com> wrote in message

> [...]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    >> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    >> Knowledge Base Info:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >>
    >> "PSYCHOPIXIE" PSYCHOPIXIE.1kjxo1@news.win98banter.com wrote in
    >> message
    >>
    >> A short while ago when I installed win98se back over itself to sort
    >> out
    >> a sound cock up, my basic internet wizard thingy has been replaced
    >> with
    >> an msm thingy. The pc I'm refering to isn't online at present but has
    >> been with it's previous owner. Now when I go to properties within
    >> internet explorer, set up, the wizard cannot be found. I don't want
    >> the
    >> stupid msn set up thing. I would like my internet wizard thingy back.

Internet Explorer Error Message Windows