Outlook Express doesn't open

Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs, etc.
All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE browser
after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page fault). How do I
fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.
Thanks for any advice.

"Bill Shibilski" <PolkaParty@wfuv.org> wrote in message

> Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs, etc.
> All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE
browser
> after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page fault). How do
> fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.

There is a module / Tools / Repair IE
in your MSINFO32.EXE. (It does not actually
repair anything, but recopies some files from
backup for both IE and OE.) It is worth a try.

The MSNMGR error message may be unrelated;
it is seldom helpful.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Bill Shibilski wrote:
> Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs,
> etc. All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through
> IE browser after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page
> fault). How do I fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.
> Thanks for any advice.

Tried making a new shortcut to the exe (msimn.exe)?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

See http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

Bill Shibilski wrote:
> Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs, etc.
> All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE
> browser after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page
> fault). How do I fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.
> Thanks for any advice.

"Bill Shibilski" <PolkaParty@wfuv.org> wrote in message
> Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs, etc.
> All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE
browser
> after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page fault). How do
> fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.
> Thanks for any advice.

Right click your desktop icon, select Properties, General, and post back the
link details of where the short cut is pointing to.

"Bill Shibilski" <PolkaParty@wfuv.org> wrote in message
> Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs, etc.
> All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE
browser
> after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page fault). How do
> fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express.
> Thanks for any advice.

Sorry, the link details are found on the Short cut tab.

Dave,

Thanks. Here's exactly what it says when I right click on the OE shortcut
tab and view properties:

"C:\ProgramFiles\OutlookExpress\MSIMN.exe"

> Dave,
>
> Thanks. Here's exactly what it says when I right click on the OE shortcut
> tab and view properties:
>

> "C:\ProgramFiles\OutlookExpress\MSIMN.exe"

If that is indeed EXACTLY what it says,
then it is incorrect. It should read

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"

with a space between Program and Files
and a space between Outlook and Express.

I'm also not sure why MSIMN is capitalized.
In my C:\Program Files\Outlook Express directory,
the file names are lower case, and the lower case
carries over onto any desktop shortcut.

Could anyone have had access to your computer
without your knowledge ?

"Bill Shibilski" <PolkaParty@wfuv.org> wrote in message
> Dave,
>
> Thanks. Here's exactly what it says when I right click on the OE shortcut
> tab and view properties:
>

> "C:\ProgramFiles\OutlookExpress\MSIMN.exe"
>

> (Original post)
> > Outlook Express no longer opens from desktop icon or Start/Programs,
etc.
> > All virus and spyware completed. I found that I can open through IE
browser
> > after error message times out (MSNMSGR caused invalid page fault). How
do I
> > fix so desktop icon, etc., opens Outlook Express. Thanks for any
advice.

I have exactly the same link, Bill.
I have in the past made a new link MSIMN.EXE, but I guess you've tried that.
Sorry I could not help.

TRENDING THREADS