please help

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I have Pentium III with Windows 98 SE which I have used for a two
years. About week ago, I saw that computer is automatically turned
on. I turned off and have not seen any problem till yesterday,
computer turned on automatically again , started to test memory ,
and reboot again a few times. I did press "OFF" button, but it turned
on again. Sometimes it goes up to desktop and then rebooting , but
sometimes it does test memory and then rebooting. Please help, what
is wrong and what should I check. Thanks a lot.
George

Watch the boot screen and press the key indicated to enter setup (the BIOS).
Instructions for navigating the BIOS are included on the BIOS screens. Look
for a setting that says something to the effect, Awaken upon ..... Once
found, disable the setting (or settings).

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour