please help

I have Pentium III with Windows 98 SE which I have used for a two
years. About week ago, I saw that computer is automatically turned
on. I turned off and have not seen any problem till yesterday,
computer turned on automatically again , started to test memory ,
and reboot again a few times. I did press "OFF" button, but it turned
on again. Sometimes it goes up to desktop and then rebooting , but
sometimes it does test memory and then rebooting. Please help, what
is wrong and what should I check. Thanks a lot.
George
1 answer Last reply
More about please help

    Watch the boot screen and press the key indicated to enter setup (the BIOS).
    Instructions for navigating the BIOS are included on the BIOS screens. Look
    for a setting that says something to the effect, Awaken upon ..... Once
    found, disable the setting (or settings).

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "George" <george@davisdirect.com> wrote in message
    >I have Pentium III with Windows 98 SE which I have used for a two
    > years. About week ago, I saw that computer is automatically turned
    > on. I turned off and have not seen any problem till yesterday,
    > computer turned on automatically again , started to test memory ,
    > and reboot again a few times. I did press "OFF" button, but it turned
    > on again. Sometimes it goes up to desktop and then rebooting , but
    > sometimes it does test memory and then rebooting. Please help, what
    > is wrong and what should I check. Thanks a lot.
    > George

Computers Windows