FYI

I just replaced my H P 6110 with a Canon MP 780

The initial set up and first runs have been excellent with NOT a single
problem in operating the functions I have tested so far. ( PRINT, SCAN,
COPY) I do not intend to use as a photo printer since I have a Canon i960
and that is my main photo printer.

Traveling wrote:
> FYI
>
> I just replaced my H P 6110 with a Canon MP 780
>
> The initial set up and first runs have been excellent with NOT a single
> problem in operating the functions I have tested so far. ( PRINT, SCAN,
> COPY) I do not intend to use as a photo printer since I have a Canon i960
> and that is my main photo printer.

I've had an MP780 for about a month and am extremely pleased with its
performance so far. It's easy to use and seems to be very well made.
Also, operating costs are very low since I use compatible cartridges. I
can get 5 BCI-3e cartridges for less than $10 which might make it as, or
more, cost effective than a laser printer when printing normal text
documents.

Where did you get the BCI-3e carts?

"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
: Traveling wrote:
: > FYI
: >
:
: I've had an MP780 for about a month and am extremely pleased with its
: performance so far. It's easy to use and seems to be very well made.
: Also, operating costs are very low since I use compatible cartridges. I
: can get 5 BCI-3e cartridges for less than $10 which might make it as, or
: more, cost effective than a laser printer when printing normal text
: documents.

From ebay. There's quite a few vendors that sell them.

Traveling wrote:
> Where did you get the BCI-3e carts?
>

> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
> : Traveling wrote:
> : > FYI
> : >
> : > I just replaced my H P 6110 with a Canon MP 780
> : >
> : > The initial set up and first runs have been excellent with NOT a single
> : > problem in operating the functions I have tested so far. ( PRINT, SCAN,
> : > COPY) I do not intend to use as a photo printer since I have a Canon
> i960
> : > and that is my main photo printer.
> :
> : I've had an MP780 for about a month and am extremely pleased with its
> : performance so far. It's easy to use and seems to be very well made.
> : Also, operating costs are very low since I use compatible cartridges. I
> : can get 5 BCI-3e cartridges for less than $10 which might make it as, or
> : more, cost effective than a laser printer when printing normal text
> : documents.

"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
> Traveling wrote:
>> FYI
>>
>> I just replaced my H P 6110 with a Canon MP 780
>>
>> The initial set up and first runs have been excellent with NOT a single
>> problem in operating the functions I have tested so far. ( PRINT, SCAN,
>> COPY) I do not intend to use as a photo printer since I have a Canon
>> i960 and that is my main photo printer.
>
> I've had an MP780 for about a month and am extremely pleased with its
> performance so far. It's easy to use and seems to be very well made.
> Also, operating costs are very low since I use compatible cartridges. I
> can get 5 BCI-3e cartridges for less than $10 which might make it as, or
> more, cost effective than a laser printer when printing normal text
> documents.

Just an FYI, the MP780 uses BCI-6 not '3'.
While they will fit and will not cause physical harm using them may result
in slight color shift in photos.

PC Medic wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" <cds@erols.com> wrote in message
>
>>Traveling wrote:
>>
>>>FYI
>>>
>>>I just replaced my H P 6110 with a Canon MP 780
>>>
>>>The initial set up and first runs have been excellent with NOT a single
>>>problem in operating the functions I have tested so far. ( PRINT, SCAN,
>>>COPY) I do not intend to use as a photo printer since I have a Canon
>>>i960 and that is my main photo printer.
>>
>>I've had an MP780 for about a month and am extremely pleased with its
>>performance so far. It's easy to use and seems to be very well made.
>>Also, operating costs are very low since I use compatible cartridges. I
>>can get 5 BCI-3e cartridges for less than $10 which might make it as, or
>>more, cost effective than a laser printer when printing normal text
>>documents.
>

> Just an FYI, the MP780 uses BCI-6 not '3'.
> While they will fit and will not cause physical harm using them may result
> in slight color shift in photos.

The MP780 does indeed use one BCI-3eBk cartridge for black only
printing. It also has for BCI-6 cartridges (C, M, Y and B)for printing
color pages and photos.