display forwarding phone # in Caller ID when multiringing ..

I am curious if any voip service such as vonage, packet8, broadvoice,
etc can do the following:

When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display in
the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a
forwarded call.

I would like to distinguish incoming calls on the cell phone. Is the
caller calling my cell direct or calling my voip line?

Any ideas?

Thx

John M

john@munsey.net (John Munsey Jr) writes:

>When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display in
>the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a
>forwarded call.

My experience has been that VoicePulse Connect! and Gafachi (both IAX
based) allow setting the CallerID info while BroadVoice (SIP) does not.
It's a very handy feature. I would be very reluctant to use outgoing
service without it.

I have been handling the call routing through Asterisk. I don't know
how it works if you use the forwarding that they provide.

--kyler

Whoa you are over my head dude. I will look it up but I dunon what
IAX and SIP are, tough I have heard of them. Also Asterisk is
unfamiliar too. I am techie enought o learn that stuff but I am not
really that interested at the moment. I would just like a service
that allows me to display something on my incoming calls that let's me
know which line the people called.

If my only option is to do something you described above then that is
fine I will learn if I need to. Any guidance as to how to make this
happen?

Should I order voicepulse?

"John Munsey Jr" <john@munsey.net> wrote in message
>I am curious if any voip service such as vonage, packet8,
>broadvoice,
> etc can do the following:
>
> When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display
> in
> the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a
> forwarded call.
>
> I would like to distinguish incoming calls on the cell phone. Is
> the
> caller calling my cell direct or calling my voip line?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx
>
> John M

I have ATT CallVantage which has an online call log which shows what
calls were forwarded to another number. It also has Locate Me
service which calls the VoIP number first and then a preselected
number or numbers in succession if there is no answer. I also can
choose that only specific incoming numbers get diverted to my
cellular phone.

--
Earl F. Parrish