Asus A8N-E VS Abit KN8-SLI

Acer99

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Need help choosing between these two mobos. I want a fast and stable mobo and dont plan on any OC nor do i plan on using sli. Only reason why im looking at that abot mobo is cause of the passive fan. The asus mobo has an ordinary fan which i plan to replace so thats not a problem.
In terms of stability, bios updates and gaming, what mobo would you guys recommend?

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
I got a friend with the A8N-E, he has had no problems with it. It's been a good board for him.
Don't know anything about the Abit, so I can't comment on it.

FisherX

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
I've got 2 A8N-E's running and no problems whatsoever... But wich one is the right for you depends on what you'll be running... In normal use...(without OC'ing)... surfing, spreadsheet, etc... it's a good choise.

juggernaught

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I dont know Acer99, I've never owned an Abit before but I DO know, from experience that the ASUS MoBo is very stable, reliable and yes you can replace the fan on the Northbridge chip if you want. Cant say much about the other MB because I have read that if both boards are made with the same chipsets. You'll get on average, similar results. But having said that the other board is an SLi board, this one might be more for OC and highend stuff??
You make your own mind up on that one. :lol: