Can I run Office Professional 2003 of Win98

I have a P3, 733Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, and am running Win 98 SE.

Can I install and run Office Professional 2003?
7 answers Last reply
More about office professional 2003 win98

    It doesn't matter what computer you have - no version of Microsoft Office
    2003 will run on anything except Windows 20000 or Windows XP.

    "Dustin Deck" <dustindeck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a P3, 733Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, and am running Win 98 SE.
    >
    > Can I install and run Office Professional 2003?

    Windows 20000! Wow! Where'd you get that, and how do you rate? Did Bill
    take you on a little trip in his time machine?

    ;-)

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > It doesn't matter what computer you have - no version of Microsoft
    Office
    > 2003 will run on anything except Windows 20000 or Windows XP.

    > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    >

    > "Dustin Deck" <dustindeck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a P3, 733Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, and am running Win 98 SE.
    > >
    > > Can I install and run Office Professional 2003?

    "Dustin Deck" <dustindeck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a P3, 733Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, and am running Win 98 SE.
    >
    > Can I install and run Office Professional 2003?

    I believe the last version of Office that will run on WIN98 is Office XP.

    See - that's what happens when you don't keep up with the beta programs.

    <GD&RVVF>

    > Windows 20000! Wow! Where'd you get that, and how do you rate? Did Bill
    > take you on a little trip in his time machine?
    >
    > ;-)

    Do they ever get that "buffer overflow" problem fixed?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > See - that's what happens when you don't keep up with the beta
    programs.

    > <GD&RVVF>

    > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/

    > > Windows 20000! Wow! Where'd you get that, and how do you rate? Did
    Bill
    > > take you on a little trip in his time machine?
    > >
    > > ;-)

    No, but since each buffer is about 64 terabytes in size it takes so long for
    an attacker to overflow one that you've bought a new computer by then. ;-)

    > Do they ever get that "buffer overflow" problem fixed?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
    >> See - that's what happens when you don't keep up with the beta
    > programs.
    >>
    >> <GD&RVVF>
    >>
    >> --
    >> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    >> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    >>

    >> "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> > Windows 20000! Wow! Where'd you get that, and how do you rate? Did
    > Bill
    >> > take you on a little trip in his time machine?
    >> >
    >> > ;-)

    That is correct -- Office XP is the final version of Office that supports
    98SE. Office 2003 will not run on 98SE.

    "Microsoft Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later" --
    From Microsoft site on Office 2003

    "Mk40" <mk40@doyuvwest.net> wrote in message
    :
    : "Dustin Deck" <dustindeck@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    : news:%23M2KVCFHFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    : > I have a P3, 733Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, and am running Win 98 SE.
    : >
    : > Can I install and run Office Professional 2003?
    : >
    : I believe the last version of Office that will run on WIN98 is Office XP.
    :
    :

RAM Microsoft Office Windows