I have anOdd Optiplex GX1 Win 98SE Problem

I have an Optiplex GX1 with Win 98SE. If I create a new folder and try
to open .txt files in it by clicking on the file, I received a error
message that the "this file could not be found; check path and file
name. If I open Wordpad and then browse to the file it opens ok. If I
move the file to an preexisting folder it will open fine.
What would cause this?
Thanks
Chuck

Correct your association.

Your problem with files is caused by a poor association not
accounting for spaces.
Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types
Find the association.
Edit, highlight Open, Edit again and put a space and "%1" (including
the quotation marks) in the application so it looks like this
(assuming the same path)

C:\Progra~1\Access~1\WORDPAD.EXE "%1"

....Alan
--