Freezing USB mice

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A weird one this. Recently I've been getting regular freezing of my two
USB mice, for no apparent reason. I've an optical and an
optical/wireless, I usually prefer to use the former, which unlike the
latter, doesn't weigh like a brick ;-)
Both have been co-existing for ages now with no problems. Both mice
freeze at the same time and will work again if disconnected then plugged
in again (rebooting will also cure it of course). Other USB devices
continue to work normally and my PS2 mouse also works fine.

Am using Win98, ABIT KR7A-RAID MB, 550W PSU.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA
Gary

If you disconnect the mouse you don't use, and reboot, does the remaining
mouse still freeze?

"Gary" wrote:

> A weird one this. Recently I've been getting regular freezing of my two
> USB mice, for no apparent reason. I've an optical and an
> optical/wireless, I usually prefer to use the former, which unlike the
> latter, doesn't weigh like a brick ;-)
> Both have been co-existing for ages now with no problems. Both mice
> freeze at the same time and will work again if disconnected then plugged
> in again (rebooting will also cure it of course). Other USB devices
> continue to work normally and my PS2 mouse also works fine.
>
> Am using Win98, ABIT KR7A-RAID MB, 550W PSU.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> TIA
> Gary

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you disconnect the mouse you don't use, and reboot, does the remaining
> mouse still freeze?

Thus far it hasn't.

As I mentioned in my original post, both have been working fine together for
months, so it's a bit strange if there's now a conflict.

Regards
Gary

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Gary" <gary@franklin49deeleetdisbit.neinspamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d006c7$312$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If you disconnect the mouse you don't use, and reboot, does the
remaining
> > mouse still freeze?

Yes it does, but less frequently than previously.

Any more ideas?