Mr. Gary S. Terhune

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
February 27, 2005 1:09:02 PM

On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
Respectfully,
Leo

More about : gary terhune

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:49:29 PM

LEO wrote:
> On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
again.
> If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
> help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
> Respectfully,
> Leo

But today is Sunday, after all is said and done.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 6:11:46 PM

I read Gary's reply, and it was not a sermon, but an explanation of why it is
difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot Standby problems. If you have a problem
with that, I wouldn't expect getting much in the way of further replies.

This is about all that can be offered in the way of remote help....the rest is up to
you on the machine in question -
Standby Missing From Windows Shutdown Dialog Box :
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=188134
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
> If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
> help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
> Respectfully,
> Leo

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 6:15:01 PM

You are posting in a public forum. You will get replies from members of the
public, and others. Ignore anything that you judge not to be useful.

"LEO" wrote:

> On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
> If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
> help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
> Respectfully,
> Leo

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 6:55:37 PM

"LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
again.
> If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply.

First, you have NO say about who replies to any post
in an unmoderated Newsgroup, or the content of that reply,
or even the tone of the reply. You get what you pay for,
and you take from it that which you deem worthwhile,
and you discard the remainder, albeit, possibly, at your peril.

Second, there was nothing whatsoever incorrect or improper
about the advice that you received. We don't waste our time
in this Newsgroup. We provide good, relevant advice.
If you don't like the advice that you received because of
an apparent closed-mind, then that is unfortunate,
but that is your problem, not ours, and it isn't going
to change our determination as to the proper response
in a given situation.

Finally, and I do mean finally, how would you ever determine
that a problem is basically unsolvable and that a workaround
is a better approach unless that fact is pointed out to you.

> I needed help,

We know you need help. That's why most people post here.

> NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!

That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.

What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
just because you asked a question about a topic
that you have strong feelings about
and didn't like the answers you got?

We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.

> Respectfully,

Not from my perspective.....

> Leo

Hugh
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 4:08:58 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=188134 Restore Missing Standby

It may have removed itself due to two failures in a row. Now, perhaps do
not go absolutely nuts inside Device Manager. It can be quite a shock to
see Windows continually reboot, should you remove too many devices at
once. Also, there are those (I am forbid to say the name Terhune) who
passionately say: Standby is not worth the trouble it is to recover.

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN... MSKB
Search "Your computer cannot go on standby"; Windows 98; Exact Match;
Full Text.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188246&Product=w98
Err Msg: Your Computer Cannot Go on Standby Because a Device...
(188246) - When your attempt to put Windows 98 or Windows Millennium
Edition (Me) in Standby mode, you may receive the following error
message: Your computer cannot go on standby because a device driver or
program won't allow it. Close all programs and try...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232728&Product=w98
Computer May Be Unable to Start Standby Mode
(232728) - When your computer attempts to start Standby mode, you may
receive the following error message: Your computer cannot go on standby
because a device driver or program won't allow it. Close all open
programs, and then try again.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232902&Product=w98
Cannot Use Standby Mode with USB Epson Stylus 740 Printer
(232902) - When you attempt to place your computer in Standby mode, you
may receive the following error message: Your computer cannot go on
standby because a device driver or program won't allow it. Close all
open programs, and then try again. If you click OK,...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232942&Product=w98
Error Message Disables Power Management Events
(232942) - When you receive the error message "Your computer cannot go
into standby," any of the following symptoms may occur:

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
again.
| If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I
needed
| help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
| Respectfully,
| Leo

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:04:00 PM

Hello Leo,
Lurk a while, and you will find gary not only informative
but a friend also.
One of his good traits is to not beat around the bush. If he sees
something wrong in something he will say it in spades, and if you
listen with "his good intent at heart" you will find it will be to your
advantage and not a spank.

regards Jane
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:04:01 PM

You still have permission to mention his name?

--
"jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
| Hello Leo,
| Lurk a while, and you will find gary not only informative
| but a friend also.
| One of his good traits is to not beat around the bush. If he sees
| something wrong in something he will say it in spades, and if you
| listen with "his good intent at heart" you will find it will be to
your
| advantage and not a spank.
|
| regards Jane

March 1, 2005 3:17:52 PM

And now it is Tuesday March 1, 2005 -- LOL!!

:
: But today is Sunday, after all is said and done.
:
:
March 1, 2005 3:19:43 PM

Good Advice, Hugh. This helps me as well. <smile> Have a great day.

"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
news:o QHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
:
March 1, 2005 6:02:39 PM

Hello? Candlin?

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
news:o QHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

| "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
| again.
| > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply.
|
| First, you have NO say about who replies to any post
| in an unmoderated Newsgroup, or the content of that reply,
| or even the tone of the reply. You get what you pay for,
| and you take from it that which you deem worthwhile,
| and you discard the remainder, albeit, possibly, at your peril.
|
| Second, there was nothing whatsoever incorrect or improper
| about the advice that you received. We don't waste our time
| in this Newsgroup. We provide good, relevant advice.
| If you don't like the advice that you received because of
| an apparent closed-mind, then that is unfortunate,
| but that is your problem, not ours, and it isn't going
| to change our determination as to the proper response
| in a given situation.
|
| Finally, and I do mean finally, how would you ever determine
| that a problem is basically unsolvable and that a workaround
| is a better approach unless that fact is pointed out to you.
|
| > I needed help,
|
| We know you need help. That's why most people post here.
|
| > NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
|
| That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
| and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
| and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.
|
| What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
| just because you asked a question about a topic
| that you have strong feelings about
| and didn't like the answers you got?
|
| We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
| You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.
|
| > Respectfully,
|
| Not from my perspective.....
|
| > Leo
|
| Hugh

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:04:56 AM

> You still have permission to mention his name?

Uh Oh,.......
What have I done now?

regards Jane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:04:57 AM

No, never mind.

--

| > You still have permission to mention his name?
|
| Uh Oh,.......
| What have I done now?
|
| regards Jane

March 2, 2005 12:04:57 AM

Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that goes way
back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks he can
insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it. This is
the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
correction from PCR and Gary.

"jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
:
: > You still have permission to mention his name?
:
: Uh Oh,.......
: What have I done now?
:
: regards Jane
:
:
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:04:58 AM

I never insulted him until after the plonking! And it's doubtful I did
it even then, considering there may be humor in my posts!

--
"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
goes way
| back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
he can
| insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
This is
| the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
| correction from PCR and Gary.
|
| "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
| :
| : > You still have permission to mention his name?
| :
| : Uh Oh,.......
| : What have I done now?
| :
| : regards Jane
| :
| :

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:04:58 AM

You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously insulted
me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on several
occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his posting
ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge lists of
references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person. It's just
much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and his posts.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
> Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
goes way
> back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
he can
> insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
This is
> the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
> correction from PCR and Gary.
>
> "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
> :
> : > You still have permission to mention his name?
> :
> : Uh Oh,.......
> : What have I done now?
> :
> : regards Jane
> :
> :

March 2, 2005 4:27:42 AM

PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great information
from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet. I still
have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things out.
Have a great night.

: Hello? Candlin?
:
: --
: Thanks or Good Luck,
: There may be humor in this post, and,
: Naturally, you will not sue,
: should things get worse after this,
: PCR
: pcrrcp@netzero.net
: "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
: news:o QHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: |
[...]
March 2, 2005 4:28:34 AM

Thanks for letting me see your side, PCR.

[...]
: | :
: | : > You still have permission to mention his name?
: | :
: | : Uh Oh,.......
: | : What have I done now?
: | :
: | : regards Jane
: | :
: | :
: |
: |
:
:
March 2, 2005 4:30:00 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and happy that
there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the same is true
about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>

news:o %23FxXNtHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
:
: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: news:uRWvJQpHFHA.2564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
: goes way
: > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
: he can
: > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
: This is
: > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
: > correction from PCR and Gary.
: >
: > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
: > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > :
: > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
: > :
: > : Uh Oh,.......
: > : What have I done now?
: > :
: > : regards Jane
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:08:09 PM

Dan wrote:
> PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
> starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
information
> from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.

If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:52:33 PM

Et tu, Colorado?

--
news:o k9tML1HFHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| Dan wrote:
| > PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune.
I am
| > starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
| information
| > from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.
|
| If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.
|
| > I still
| > have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things
out.
| > Have a great night.
| >
| > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| >> Hello? Candlin?
| >>
| >> --
| >> Thanks or Good Luck,
| >> There may be humor in this post, and,
| >> Naturally, you will not sue,
| >> should things get worse after this,
| >> PCR
| >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
| >> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
| >> news:o QHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

| again.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:56:15 PM

He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?

--
| Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and happy
that
| there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the same
is true
| about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
|
| "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| news:o %23FxXNtHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously
insulted
| : me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on several
| : occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his
posting
| : ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge
lists of
| : references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person. It's
just
| : much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and his
posts.
| :
| : --
| : Gary S. Terhune
| : MS MVP Shell/User
| : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
| :
| : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| : news:uRWvJQpHFHA.2564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
| : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument
that
| : goes way
| : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
thinks
| : he can
| : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of
it.
| : This is
| : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
hearing a
| : > correction from PCR and Gary.
| : >
| : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
| : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| : > :
| : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
| : > :
| : > : Uh Oh,.......
| : > : What have I done now?
| : > :
| : > : regards Jane
| : > :
| : > :
| : >
| : >
| :

March 3, 2005 6:25:18 PM

I understand Bill and will post less but Gary S. Terhune did warn me that it
is addicting and it definately is.

: Dan wrote:
: > PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
: > starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
: information
: > from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.
:
: If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.
:
: > I still
: > have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things out.
: > Have a great night.
: >
: > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: > news:ejiwmlpHFHA.2744@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: >> Hello? Candlin?
: >>
: >> --
: >> Thanks or Good Luck,
: >> There may be humor in this post, and,
: >> Naturally, you will not sue,
: >> should things get worse after this,
: >> PCR
: >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
: >> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
: >> news:o QHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: >>>
[...]
March 3, 2005 6:30:36 PM

No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine upstanding
person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>

[...]
: | : --
[...]
: | : >
: | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
: | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: | : > :
: | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
: | : > :
: | : > : Uh Oh,.......
: | : > : What have I done now?
: | : > :
: | : > : regards Jane
: | : > :
: | : > :
: | : >
: | : >
: | :
: |
: |
:
:
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:32:49 PM

You've just posted 12 dozen in the last few minutes!

--
> [...]
| : >>>
| : >>>> I needed help,
| : >>>
| : >>> We know you need help. That's why most people post here.
| : >>>
| : >>>> NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
| : >>>
| : >>> That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
| : >>> and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
| : >>> and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.
| : >>>
| : >>> What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
| : >>> just because you asked a question about a topic
| : >>> that you have strong feelings about
| : >>> and didn't like the answers you got?
| : >>>
| : >>> We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
| : >>> You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:53:22 PM

No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can abide.

--
news:o O0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> [...]
| : | : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument
| : that
| : | : goes way
| : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
| : thinks
| : | : he can
| : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because
of
| : it.
| : | : This is
| : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
| : hearing a
| : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
| : | : >
| : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
| : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| : | : > :
| : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
| : |
| : |
| :
| :

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 4:05:15 AM

Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
IB

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:15:21 PM

Thank you, Dan

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
news:o 8V7FBEIFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "So the way I look at it, you're all walking on water. :o )"
>
> Bless your heart and character, Anthony --- you have given me good chills
> deep within my soul and I sense you are a good person.
>
> Godspeed! (May God Go With You)

March 4, 2005 2:19:50 PM

Well Ivan, I do not care if you do not believe that my housemate's name was
Art Wilder and we went to the same evangelical Christian church. Art also
likes computers and you know how when you live together you pick up each
others mannerisms. Anyway, we were on the same network so our IP address is
the same. You and Mae can think what you like but Art is a black man and Dan
is a white man. You seem to be treading on a racial issue here and I am
saddened to see you do not trust me but you and mae can think what you like
and I hope you feel like issuing an apology because I am insulted. Anyway,
since I am a Christian I will forgive you and make peace with myself.
Goodbye!

"Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
: Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
: Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
: IB
:
: "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:o IK%23UOEIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can abide.
: >
: > --
: > Thanks or Good Luck,
: > There may be humor in this post, and,
: > Naturally, you will not sue,
: > should things get worse after this,
: > PCR
: > pcrrcp@netzero.net
: > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: > news:o O0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
: > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
: > upstanding
: > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>
: > |
: > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
: > | :
: > | : --
: > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
: > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
: > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
: > | : should things get worse after this,
: > | : PCR
: > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
: > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and
: > happy
: > | : that
: > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the
: > same
: > | : is true
: > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
: > | : |
: > | : | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
: > | : | news:o %23FxXNtHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: > | : | : You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously
: > | : insulted
: > | : | : me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on
: > several
: > | : | : occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his
: > | : posting
: > | : | : ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge
: > | : lists of
: > | : | : references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person.
: > It's
: > | : just
: > | : | : much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and
: > his
: > | : posts.
: > | : | :
: > | : | : --
[...]
: > | : | : >
: > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
: > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > | : | : > :
: > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
: > | : | : > :
: > | : | : > : Uh Oh,.......
: > | : | : > : What have I done now?
: > | : | : > :
: > | : | : > : regards Jane
: > | : | : > :
: > | : | : > :
: > | : | : >
: > | : | : >
: > | : | :
: > | : |
: > | : |
: > | :
: > | :
: > |
: > |
: >
: >
March 4, 2005 2:21:53 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, MM and I posted before reading this so I know
you are not involved. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I apologize to you.
I wonder if Ivan is willing to post back with his concern since I am still
hurting.

"mae" <agrannie@notemail.msn.com> wrote in message
: See- :)
:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eYVfFvc8E...
:
:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eDdeTRJjE...
: --
: mae
:
: "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
: news:u4m6fAIIFHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
: | Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
: | Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
: | IB
: |
: --snip---
:
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:45:59 AM

From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
Subject: Re: Sick of this Machine

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST

As I have previously mentioned, my
interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
music.
From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
Subject: A New Reality in Computing!

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST

I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my dad
bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
BASIC programming.

From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
Subject: Re: Trojan thing

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST

My first training in programming was BASIC on my Dad's IBM PCjr that he
owned. We still have that machine. It was so nice to get the computer to
play music and flash colors and create simple programs.

Art:

"Spamyou"
"Started when I was 7"
"Dad bought me a PCjr"
"Dad taught me Basic"
"I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic music."

Dan:

"Spamyou"
"Started when I was 7"
"Dad bought me a PCjr"
"Dad taught me Basic"
"It was so nice to get the computer to play music and flash colors"

"Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:52:46 AM

Dan,

I can apologize for making an incorrect assumption, but not for much more than that - I haven't been following the newsgroup as closely as I used to, so I never caught any of the previous discussions when this might have come up. I'm certainly not "treading on a racial issue" as you say in your message.

All the best,

Ivan

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message news:u8TQDbOIFHA.3072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> : > | : that
> : > | : | : goes way
> : > | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
> : > | : thinks
> : > | : | : he can
> : > | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because
> : > of
> : > | : it.
> : > | : | : This is
> : > | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
> : > | : hearing a
> : > | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
> : > | : | : >
> : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
> : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> : > | : | : > :
> : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 7:30:48 AM

So, either Dan is Artwilder, and vice-versa... Or s/he's a very talented
Identity Thief.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
news:o Fsz2hVIFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> [...]
> Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
>
> My first training in programming was BASIC on my Dad's IBM PCjr that
he
> owned. We still have that machine. It was so nice to get the
computer to
> play music and flash colors and create simple programs.

> Art:
>
> "Spamyou"
> "Started when I was 7"
> "Dad bought me a PCjr"
> "Dad taught me Basic"
> "I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic music."
>
> Dan:
>
> "Spamyou"
> "Started when I was 7"
> "Dad bought me a PCjr"
> "Dad taught me Basic"
> "It was so nice to get the computer to play music and flash colors"

> "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........

March 5, 2005 1:24:02 PM

Well the truth will set you free as they say. Art Wilder was my roomate and
I posted on his computer and so it came under his name. I was ashamed of
some of my earlier comments and also when Art Wilder moved to the West side
of town I started posting on my machine. My name is Dan or Danny or Daniel
and I apologize for all the misunderstanding. I hope you all can have it in
your heart, soul, body and spirit to forgive this man who has not been
entirely truthful and has lied from time to time in this issue and others in
real life because of fear and rejection. May we all have a fresh start and
allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my current mistakes
and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer. Thank you Ivan
and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary for helping
me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under some strain
recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying to take my
identity. I will go into more details if you like and please have patience
and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in your heart to
forgive me? <???> :< :(

[...]
: ======================================================
: From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
:
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
: Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST
:
: As I have previously mentioned, my
: interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
: PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
: it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
: It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
: example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
: music.
: ======================================================
: From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
:
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
: Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST
:
: I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my dad
: bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
: BASIC programming.
:
: From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
:
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
: Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
:
: **************************************************************
:
: "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
:
:
March 5, 2005 1:24:55 PM

All is forgiven, please see my post and please forgive me.

"Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
: Dan,
:
[...]
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > Thanks or Good Luck,
: > : > There may be humor in this post, and,
: > : > Naturally, you will not sue,
: > : > should things get worse after this,
: > : > PCR
: > : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
: > : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: > : > news:o O0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
: > : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
: > : > upstanding
: > : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>
: > : > |
: > : > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: > : > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > : > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
: > : > | :
: > : > | : --
: > : > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
: > : > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
: > : > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
: > : > | : should things get worse after this,
: > : > | : PCR
: > : > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
: > : > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: > : > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: > : > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved
and
: > : > happy
: > : > | : that
: > : > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope
the
: > : > same
: > : > | : is true
: > : > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
: > : > | : |
[...]
: > : > | : | :
: > : > | : | : --
[...]
: > : > | : | : >
: > : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
: > : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: > : > | : | : > :
: > : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
: > : > | : | : > :
: > : > | : | : > : Uh Oh,.......
: > : > | : | : > : What have I done now?
: > : > | : | : > :
: > : > | : | : > : regards Jane
: > : > | : | : > :
: > : > | : | : > :
: > : > | : | : >
: > : > | : | : >
: > : > | : | :
: > : > | : |
: > : > | : |
: > : > | :
: > : > | :
: > : > |
: > : > |
: > : >
: > : >
: >
: >
March 5, 2005 1:25:29 PM

Dan is Dan and Dan posted on ArtWilder's computer so it came up with his
name.

[...]
: > ======================================================
: > From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
: >
: > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
: > Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST
: >
: > As I have previously mentioned, my
: > interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
: > PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
: > it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
: > It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
: > example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
: > music.
: > ======================================================
: > From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
: >
: > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
: > Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST
: >
: > I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my
: dad
: > bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
: > BASIC programming.
: >
: > From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
: >
: > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
: > Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
: >
[...]
: > **************************************************************
: >
: > "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
: >
: >
:
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:45:02 PM

That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man can
turn white!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| Well Ivan, I do not care if you do not believe that my housemate's
name was
| Art Wilder and we went to the same evangelical Christian church. Art
also
| likes computers and you know how when you live together you pick up
each
| others mannerisms. Anyway, we were on the same network so our IP
address is
| the same. You and Mae can think what you like but Art is a black man
and Dan
| is a white man. You seem to be treading on a racial issue here and I
am
| saddened to see you do not trust me but you and mae can think what you
like
| and I hope you feel like issuing an apology because I am insulted.
Anyway,
| since I am a Christian I will forgive you and make peace with myself.
| Goodbye!
|
| "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
| : Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
| : Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
| : IB
| :
| : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| news:o IK%23UOEIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| : > No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can
abide.
| : >
| : > --
| : > Thanks or Good Luck,
| : > There may be humor in this post, and,
| : > Naturally, you will not sue,
| : > should things get worse after this,
| : > PCR
| : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| : > news:o O0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
| : > upstanding
| : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right
<???>
| : > |
> [...]
| : > | : | : goes way
| : > | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR
still
| : > | : thinks
| : > | : | : he can
| : > | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him
because
| : > of
| : > | : it.
| : > | : | : This is
| : > | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look
forward to
| : > | : hearing a
| : > | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
| : > | : | : >
| : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
| : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| : > | : | : > :
| : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
| : > | : |
| : > | : |
| : > | :
| : > | :
| : > |
| : > |
| : >
| : >

March 5, 2005 2:45:03 PM

Can you and Gary make up now that I have come clean?

news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
[...]
: | : > --
: | : > Thanks or Good Luck,
: | : > There may be humor in this post, and,
: | : > Naturally, you will not sue,
: | : > should things get worse after this,
: | : > PCR
: | : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
: | : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: | : > news:o O0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
: | : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
: | : > upstanding
: | : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right
: <???>
: | : > |
: | : > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: | : > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: | : > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
: | : > | :
: | : > | : --
: | : > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
: | : > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
: | : > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
: | : > | : should things get worse after this,
: | : > | : PCR
: | : > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
: | : > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: | : > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: | : > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved
: and
: | : > happy
: | : > | : that
: | : > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope
: the
: | : > same
: | : > | : is true
: | : > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
: | : > | : |
[...]
: | : > | : | :
: | : > | : | : --
[...]
: | : > | : | : >
: | : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
: | : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: | : > | : | : > :
[...]

Peace be with you, PCR.

[...]
March 5, 2005 4:03:12 PM

So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...

I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
Toolbars, Address".

--

| Well the truth will set you free as they say. Art Wilder was my
roomate and
| I posted on his computer and so it came under his name. I was ashamed
of
| some of my earlier comments and also when Art Wilder moved to the West
side
| of town I started posting on my machine. My name is Dan or Danny or
Daniel
| and I apologize for all the misunderstanding. I hope you all can have
it in
| your heart, soul, body and spirit to forgive this man who has not been
| entirely truthful and has lied from time to time in this issue and
others in
| real life because of fear and rejection. May we all have a fresh
start and
| allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my current
mistakes
| and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer. Thank you
Ivan
| and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary for
helping
| me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under some
strain
| recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying to
take my
| identity. I will go into more details if you like and please have
patience
| and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in your
heart to
| forgive me? <???> :< :(

| news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man
can
| : turn white!
....snip
March 5, 2005 4:03:13 PM

I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your points about
Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button issue.

news:o raRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
[...]
March 5, 2005 5:07:34 PM

I meant your points about Gary annoyed me and perhaps Gary or Hugh can help
you with the go button concern.

: I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your points about
: Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button issue.
:
: "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: news:o raRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: : So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
: : Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
: :
: : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
: : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
: : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
: : Toolbars, Address".
: :
: :
: : --
[...]
: : |
: : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man
: : can
: : | : turn white!
: : ...snip
: :
: :
:
:
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 1:38:11 AM

They're annoyed at me too. Odd, I don't see the post of mine you are
responding to, except in your response. I mean the one beginning: "So,
you really are Dan...". It used to be only Brian A.was afflicted with
that ill!

--
> [...]
| : : | allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my
current
| : : mistakes
| : : | and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer.
Thank you
| : : Ivan
| : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary
for
| : : helping
| : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under
some
| : : strain
| : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying
| : : take my
| : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and please
have
| : : patience
| : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in
| : : |
| : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| : : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
black man
| : : can
| : : | : turn white!
| : : ...snip
| : :
| : :
| :
| :

March 6, 2005 2:31:06 AM

Does Brian A. use XP PRO. as well? If that is the case do you think it is
something to do with XP PRO. <goofy smile>

[...]
: | : :
: | : : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17
: days/nights,
: | : : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO
: button on
: | : : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk
: Toolbar,
: | : : Toolbars, Address".
: | : :
: | : :
: | : : --
[...]
: | : : |
: | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: | : : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
: black man
: | : : can
: | : : | : turn white!
: | : : ...snip
: | : :
: | : :
: | :
: | :
: |
: |
:
:
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 4:47:56 AM

I don't recall the outcome of that, &, anyway, I sure don't use it!

--
> [...]
| : Thank you
| : | : : Ivan
| : | : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and
Gary
| : for
| : | : : helping
| : | : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been
under
| : some
| : | : : strain
| : | : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been
trying
| : | : : take my
| : | : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and
please
| : have
| : | : : patience
| : | : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it
| : | : : |
| : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| : | : : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
| : black man
| : | : : can
| : | : : | : turn white!
| : | : : ...snip
| : | : :
| : | : :
| : | :
| : | :
| : |
| : |
| :
| :

March 6, 2005 4:47:57 AM

I do not know why your computer does that. Perhaps Brian A. can tell you or
someone else about it or maybe your ISP will tell you if you ask them.

[...]
: | : |
: | : | "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
: | : | news:uqT6zJbIFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
: | : | : I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your
: points
: | : about
: | : | : Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button
: | : issue.
: | : | :
: | : | : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: | : | : news:o raRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: | : | : : So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art
: | : Wilder?
: | : | : : Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
: | : | : :
: | : | : : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17
: | : days/nights,
: | : | : : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO
: | : button on
: | : | : : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk
: | : Toolbar,
: | : | : : Toolbars, Address".
: | : | : :
: | : | : :
: | : | : : --
[...]
: | : | : : |
: | : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
: | : | : : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: | : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
: | : black man
: | : | : : can
: | : | : : | : turn white!
: | : | : : ...snip
: | : | : :
: | : | : :
: | : | :
: | : | :
: | : |
: | : |
: | :
: | :
: |
: |
:
:
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 5:13:01 PM

Right click on either side of the address bar and put a check next to Go
Button.

--

Brian A.

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

news:o raRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
> Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
>
> I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
> if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
> the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
> Toolbars, Address".
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 5:53:31 PM

Can I have plonked myself!? I STILL don't see it!

--
| I do not know why your computer does that. Perhaps Brian A. can tell
you or
| someone else about it or maybe your ISP will tell you if you ask them.

| : I don't recall the outcome of that, &, anyway, I sure don't use it!
| :
| : --
| : Thanks or Good Luck,
| : There may be humor in this post, and,
| : Naturally, you will not sue,
| : should things get worse after this,
| : PCR
| : pcrrcp@netzero.net
| : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| : news:eTwoVYhIFHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| : | Does Brian A. use XP PRO. as well? If that is the case do you
think
| : it is
| : | something to do with XP PRO. <goofy smile>
| : |
| : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| : | news:%23fCGy2fIFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : | : They're annoyed at me too. Odd, I don't see the post of mine you
are
| : | : responding to, except in your response. I mean the one
beginning:
| : "So,
| : | : you really are Dan...". It used to be only Brian A.was afflicted
| : with
| : | : that ill!
| : | :
| : | :
| : | : --
| : | : Thanks or Good Luck,
| : | : There may be humor in this post, and,
| : | : Naturally, you will not sue,
| : | : should things get worse after this,
| : | : PCR
| : | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
| : | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
| : | : news:uv3lcdcIFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : | : | I meant your points about Gary annoyed me and perhaps Gary or
Hugh
| : can
| : | : help
| : | : | you with the go button concern.
| : | : |
> [...]
| : | : | : : Ivan
| : | : | : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae
and
| : Gary
| : | : for
| : | : | : : helping
| : | : | : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have
been
| : under
| : | : some
| : | : | : : strain
| : | : | : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been
| : trying
| : | : | : : take my
| : | : | : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and
| : please
| : | : have
| : | : | : : patience
| : | : | : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have
| : | : | : : |
| : | : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| : | : | : : | news:o ADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| : | : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has
proven a
| : | : black man
| : | : | : : can
| : | : | : : | : turn white!
| : | : | : : ...snip
| : | : | : :
| : | : | : :
| : | : | :
| : | : | :
| : | : |
| : | : |
| : | :
| : | :
| : |
| : |
| :
| :

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:12:54 PM

In IE, I will get that option for a GO button. But, the Address Bar on
the Desktop Toolbar does not present one. Neither does the Address Bar
in Explorer. The best I get is an option to turn off/on the entire
Address Bar.

--

!