Mr. Gary S. Terhune

On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
Respectfully,
Leo
82 answers Last reply
More about gary terhune

    LEO wrote:
    > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
    again.
    > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
    > help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    > Respectfully,
    > Leo

    But today is Sunday, after all is said and done.

    I read Gary's reply, and it was not a sermon, but an explanation of why it is
    difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot Standby problems. If you have a problem
    with that, I wouldn't expect getting much in the way of further replies.

    This is about all that can be offered in the way of remote help....the rest is up to
    you on the machine in question -
    Standby Missing From Windows Shutdown Dialog Box :
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=188134
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
    > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
    > help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    > Respectfully,
    > Leo

    You are posting in a public forum. You will get replies from members of the
    public, and others. Ignore anything that you judge not to be useful.

    "LEO" wrote:

    > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working again.
    > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I needed
    > help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    > Respectfully,
    > Leo

    "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
    again.
    > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply.

    First, you have NO say about who replies to any post
    in an unmoderated Newsgroup, or the content of that reply,
    or even the tone of the reply. You get what you pay for,
    and you take from it that which you deem worthwhile,
    and you discard the remainder, albeit, possibly, at your peril.

    Second, there was nothing whatsoever incorrect or improper
    about the advice that you received. We don't waste our time
    in this Newsgroup. We provide good, relevant advice.
    If you don't like the advice that you received because of
    an apparent closed-mind, then that is unfortunate,
    but that is your problem, not ours, and it isn't going
    to change our determination as to the proper response
    in a given situation.

    Finally, and I do mean finally, how would you ever determine
    that a problem is basically unsolvable and that a workaround
    is a better approach unless that fact is pointed out to you.

    > I needed help,

    We know you need help. That's why most people post here.

    > NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!

    That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
    and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
    and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.

    What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
    just because you asked a question about a topic
    that you have strong feelings about
    and didn't like the answers you got?

    We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
    You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.

    > Respectfully,

    Not from my perspective.....

    > Leo

    Hugh

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=188134 Restore Missing Standby

    It may have removed itself due to two failures in a row. Now, perhaps do
    not go absolutely nuts inside Device Manager. It can be quite a shock to
    see Windows continually reboot, should you remove too many devices at
    once. Also, there are those (I am forbid to say the name Terhune) who
    passionately say: Standby is not worth the trouble it is to recover.

    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "Your computer cannot go on standby"; Windows 98; Exact Match;
    Full Text.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188246&Product=w98
    Err Msg: Your Computer Cannot Go on Standby Because a Device...
    (188246) - When your attempt to put Windows 98 or Windows Millennium
    Edition (Me) in Standby mode, you may receive the following error
    message: Your computer cannot go on standby because a device driver or
    program won't allow it. Close all programs and try...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232728&Product=w98
    Computer May Be Unable to Start Standby Mode
    (232728) - When your computer attempts to start Standby mode, you may
    receive the following error message: Your computer cannot go on standby
    because a device driver or program won't allow it. Close all open
    programs, and then try again.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232902&Product=w98
    Cannot Use Standby Mode with USB Epson Stylus 740 Printer
    (232902) - When you attempt to place your computer in Standby mode, you
    may receive the following error message: Your computer cannot go on
    standby because a device driver or program won't allow it. Close all
    open programs, and then try again. If you click OK,...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232942&Product=w98
    Error Message Disables Power Management Events
    (232942) - When you receive the error message "Your computer cannot go
    into standby," any of the following symptoms may occur:

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
    again.
    | If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply. I
    needed
    | help, NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    | Respectfully,
    | Leo

    Hello Leo,
    Lurk a while, and you will find gary not only informative
    but a friend also.
    One of his good traits is to not beat around the bush. If he sees
    something wrong in something he will say it in spades, and if you
    listen with "his good intent at heart" you will find it will be to your
    advantage and not a spank.

    regards Jane

    You still have permission to mention his name?

    --
    "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | Hello Leo,
    | Lurk a while, and you will find gary not only informative
    | but a friend also.
    | One of his good traits is to not beat around the bush. If he sees
    | something wrong in something he will say it in spades, and if you
    | listen with "his good intent at heart" you will find it will be to
    your
    | advantage and not a spank.
    |
    | regards Jane

    And now it is Tuesday March 1, 2005 -- LOL!!

    :
    : But today is Sunday, after all is said and done.
    :
    :

    Good Advice, Hugh. This helps me as well. <smile> Have a great day.

    :

    Hello? Candlin?

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

    | "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > On Feb.25th I posted a request for help in getting "standby" working
    | again.
    | > If you can't solve the problem, I don't think you should reply.
    |
    | First, you have NO say about who replies to any post
    | in an unmoderated Newsgroup, or the content of that reply,
    | or even the tone of the reply. You get what you pay for,
    | and you take from it that which you deem worthwhile,
    | and you discard the remainder, albeit, possibly, at your peril.
    |
    | Second, there was nothing whatsoever incorrect or improper
    | about the advice that you received. We don't waste our time
    | in this Newsgroup. We provide good, relevant advice.
    | If you don't like the advice that you received because of
    | an apparent closed-mind, then that is unfortunate,
    | but that is your problem, not ours, and it isn't going
    | to change our determination as to the proper response
    | in a given situation.
    |
    | Finally, and I do mean finally, how would you ever determine
    | that a problem is basically unsolvable and that a workaround
    | is a better approach unless that fact is pointed out to you.
    |
    | > I needed help,
    |
    | We know you need help. That's why most people post here.
    |
    | > NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    |
    | That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
    | and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
    | and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.
    |
    | What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
    | just because you asked a question about a topic
    | that you have strong feelings about
    | and didn't like the answers you got?
    |
    | We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
    | You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.
    |
    | > Respectfully,
    |
    | Not from my perspective.....
    |
    | > Leo
    |
    | Hugh

    > You still have permission to mention his name?

    Uh Oh,.......
    What have I done now?

    regards Jane

    No, never mind.

    --

    | > You still have permission to mention his name?
    |
    | Uh Oh,.......
    | What have I done now?
    |
    | regards Jane

    Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that goes way
    back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks he can
    insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it. This is
    the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
    correction from PCR and Gary.

    "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    :
    : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    :
    : Uh Oh,.......
    : What have I done now?
    :
    : regards Jane
    :
    :

    I never insulted him until after the plonking! And it's doubtful I did
    it even then, considering there may be humor in my posts!

    --
    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
    goes way
    | back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
    he can
    | insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
    This is
    | the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
    | correction from PCR and Gary.
    |
    | "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | :
    | : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    | :
    | : Uh Oh,.......
    | : What have I done now?
    | :
    | : regards Jane
    | :
    | :

    You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously insulted
    me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on several
    occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his posting
    ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge lists of
    references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person. It's just
    much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and his posts.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
    goes way
    > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
    he can
    > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
    This is
    > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
    > correction from PCR and Gary.
    >
    > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    > :
    > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    > :
    > : Uh Oh,.......
    > : What have I done now?
    > :
    > : regards Jane
    > :
    > :

    PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
    starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great information
    from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet. I still
    have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things out.
    Have a great night.

    : Hello? Candlin?
    :
    : --
    : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : should things get worse after this,
    : PCR
    : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
    : news:OQHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : |
[...]

    Thanks for letting me see your side, PCR.

[...]
    : | :
    : | : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    : | :
    : | : Uh Oh,.......
    : | : What have I done now?
    : | :
    : | : regards Jane
    : | :
    : | :
    : |
    : |
    :
    :

    Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and happy that
    there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the same is true
    about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>

    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    :
    : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : news:uRWvJQpHFHA.2564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument that
    : goes way
    : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still thinks
    : he can
    : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of it.
    : This is
    : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to hearing a
    : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    : >
    : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : > :

    Dan wrote:
    > PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
    > starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
    information
    > from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.

    If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.

    > I still
    > have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things out.
    > Have a great night.
    >
    > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> Hello? Candlin?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    >> should things get worse after this,
    >> PCR
    >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    >> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> First, you have NO say about who replies to any post
    >>> in an unmoderated Newsgroup, or the content of that reply,
    >>> or even the tone of the reply. You get what you pay for,
    >>> and you take from it that which you deem worthwhile,
    >>> and you discard the remainder, albeit, possibly, at your peril.
    >>>
    >>> Second, there was nothing whatsoever incorrect or improper
    >>> about the advice that you received. We don't waste our time
    >>> in this Newsgroup. We provide good, relevant advice.
    >>> If you don't like the advice that you received because of
    >>> an apparent closed-mind, then that is unfortunate,
    >>> but that is your problem, not ours, and it isn't going
    >>> to change our determination as to the proper response
    >>> in a given situation.
    >>>
    >>> Finally, and I do mean finally, how would you ever determine
    >>> that a problem is basically unsolvable and that a workaround
    >>> is a better approach unless that fact is pointed out to you.

    >>> We know you need help. That's why most people post here.

    >>> That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
    >>> and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
    >>> and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.
    >>>
    >>> What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
    >>> just because you asked a question about a topic
    >>> that you have strong feelings about
    >>> and didn't like the answers you got?
    >>>
    >>> We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
    >>> You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.

    >>> Not from my perspective.....

    >>> Hugh
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Et tu, Colorado?

    --
    | Dan wrote:
    | > PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune.
    I am
    | > starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
    | information
    | > from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.
    |
    | If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.
    |
    | > I still
    | > have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things
    out.
    | > Have a great night.
    | >
    | > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | >> Hello? Candlin?
    | >>
    | >> --
    | >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    | >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    | >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    | >> should things get worse after this,
    | >> PCR
    | >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | >> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

    | again.

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?

    --
    | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and happy
    that
    | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the same
    is true
    | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
    |
    | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    | : You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously
    insulted
    | : me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on several
    | : occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his
    posting
    | : ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge
    lists of
    | : references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person. It's
    just
    | : much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and his
    posts.
    | :
    | : --
    | : Gary S. Terhune
    | : MS MVP Shell/User
    | : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
    | : http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
    | :
    | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : news:uRWvJQpHFHA.2564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument
    that
    | : goes way
    | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
    thinks
    | : he can
    | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because of
    it.
    | : This is
    | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
    hearing a
    | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    | : >
    | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | : > :
    | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    | : > :
    | : > : Uh Oh,.......
    | : > : What have I done now?
    | : > :
    | : > : regards Jane
    | : > :
    | : > :
    | : >
    | : >
    | :

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I understand Bill and will post less but Gary S. Terhune did warn me that it
    is addicting and it definately is.

    : Dan wrote:
    : > PCR, please have more respect for Hugh Candlin and Gary S. Terhune. I am
    : > starting to get wary of your posts as well but you do have great
    : information
    : > from time to time and fortunately I am not ready to plonk you yet.
    :
    : If you and PCR don't stop posting 100 posts a day, I may join them.
    :
    : > I still
    : > have hope that you, Gary S. Terhune and Hugh Candlin can work things out.
    : > Have a great night.
    : >
    : > "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > news:ejiwmlpHFHA.2744@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : >> Hello? Candlin?
    : >>
    : >> --
    : >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    : >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    : >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    : >> should things get worse after this,
    : >> PCR
    : >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : >> "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message
    : >> news:OQHzAiSHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : >>>
[...]
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine upstanding
    person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>

[...]
    : | : --
[...]
    : | : >
    : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : | : > :
    : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    : | : > :
    : | : > : Uh Oh,.......
    : | : > : What have I done now?
    : | : > :
    : | : > : regards Jane
    : | : > :
    : | : > :
    : | : >
    : | : >
    : | :
    : |
    : |
    :
    :
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    You've just posted 12 dozen in the last few minutes!

    --
> [...]
    | : >>>
    | : >>>> I needed help,
    | : >>>
    | : >>> We know you need help. That's why most people post here.
    | : >>>
    | : >>>> NOT YOUR SERMON!!!!
    | : >>>
    | : >>> That wasn't a sermon. Gary provides leadership
    | : >>> and good advice. That is why he was recognized by Microsoft
    | : >>> and his peers as worthy of the MVP award.
    | : >>>
    | : >>> What, you think that he somehow suddenly became incompetent
    | : >>> just because you asked a question about a topic
    | : >>> that you have strong feelings about
    | : >>> and didn't like the answers you got?
    | : >>>
    | : >>> We are not in the habit of engaging in ego battles here.
    | : >>> You may now find people reluctant to respond to you.

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can abide.

    --
> [...]
    | : | : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument
    | : that
    | : | : goes way
    | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
    | : thinks
    | : | : he can
    | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because
    of
    | : it.
    | : | : This is
    | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
    | : hearing a
    | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    | : | : >
    | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | : | : > :
    | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    | : |
    | : |
    | :
    | :

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
    Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
    IB

    "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message news:OIK%23UOEIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> [...]
    > | : | : > Nothing Jane --- PCR and Gary still have some kind of argument
    > | : that
    > | : | : goes way
    > | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
    > | : thinks
    > | : | : he can
    > | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because
    > of
    > | : it.
    > | : | : This is
    > | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
    > | : hearing a
    > | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    > | : | : >
    > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > | : | : > :
    > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    See- :)
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eYVfFvc8EHA.2700%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eDdeTRJjEHA.2412%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl
    --
    mae

    "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    | Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
    | Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
    | IB

    --snip---
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Thank you, Dan

    --
    Regards,
    Anthony Giorgianni

    The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
    to the newsgroup.

    > "So the way I look at it, you're all walking on water. :O)"
    >
    > Bless your heart and character, Anthony --- you have given me good chills
    > deep within my soul and I sense you are a good person.
    >
    > Godspeed! (May God Go With You)

  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Well Ivan, I do not care if you do not believe that my housemate's name was
    Art Wilder and we went to the same evangelical Christian church. Art also
    likes computers and you know how when you live together you pick up each
    others mannerisms. Anyway, we were on the same network so our IP address is
    the same. You and Mae can think what you like but Art is a black man and Dan
    is a white man. You seem to be treading on a racial issue here and I am
    saddened to see you do not trust me but you and mae can think what you like
    and I hope you feel like issuing an apology because I am insulted. Anyway,
    since I am a Christian I will forgive you and make peace with myself.
    Goodbye!

    "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    : Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
    : Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
    : IB
    :
    : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can abide.
    : >
    : > --
    : > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > should things get worse after this,
    : > PCR
    : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > news:OO0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
    : > upstanding
    : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>
    : > |
    : > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
    : > | :
    : > | : --
    : > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > | : should things get worse after this,
    : > | : PCR
    : > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved and
    : > happy
    : > | : that
    : > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope the
    : > same
    : > | : is true
    : > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
    : > | : |
    : > | : | "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
    : > | : | news:O%23FxXNtHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : > | : | : You're wrong, <s>. PCR has never, to my knowledge, seriously
    : > | : insulted
    : > | : | : me. In fact, it's just the opposite. I have insulted him on
    : > several
    : > | : | : occasions--with reason, as far as I'm concerned--regarding his
    : > | : posting
    : > | : | : ideology, his lack of accuracy and specificity in favor of huge
    : > | : lists of
    : > | : | : references salted with "cute" verbiage. He's not a bad person.
    : > It's
    : > | : just
    : > | : | : much easier for me to get through the day if I ignore him and
    : > his
    : > | : posts.
    : > | : | :
    : > | : | : --
[...]
    : > | : | : >
    : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : > | : | : > :
    : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    : > | : | : > :
    : > | : | : > : Uh Oh,.......
    : > | : | : > : What have I done now?
    : > | : | : > :
    : > | : | : > : regards Jane
    : > | : | : > :
    : > | : | : > :
    : > | : | : >
    : > | : | : >
    : > | : | :
    : > | : |
    : > | : |
    : > | :
    : > | :
    : > |
    : > |
    : >
    : >
  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Thanks for clearing that up, MM and I posted before reading this so I know
    you are not involved. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I apologize to you.
    I wonder if Ivan is willing to post back with his concern since I am still
    hurting.

    "mae" <agrannie@notemail.msn.com> wrote in message
    : See- :)
    :
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eYVfFvc8EHA.2700%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl
    :
    :
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=eDdeTRJjEHA.2412%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl
    : --
    : mae
    :
    : "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    : news:u4m6fAIIFHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : | Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
    : | Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
    : | IB
    : |
    : --snip---
    :
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
    Subject: Re: Sick of this Machine

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST

    As I have previously mentioned, my
    interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
    PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
    it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
    It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
    example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
    music.
    From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    Subject: A New Reality in Computing!

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST

    I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my dad
    bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
    BASIC programming.

    From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    Subject: Re: Trojan thing

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST

    My first training in programming was BASIC on my Dad's IBM PCjr that he
    owned. We still have that machine. It was so nice to get the computer to
    play music and flash colors and create simple programs.

    Art:

    "Spamyou"
    "Started when I was 7"
    "Dad bought me a PCjr"
    "Dad taught me Basic"
    "I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic music."

    Dan:

    "Spamyou"
    "Started when I was 7"
    "Dad bought me a PCjr"
    "Dad taught me Basic"
    "It was so nice to get the computer to play music and flash colors"

    "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Dan,

    I can apologize for making an incorrect assumption, but not for much more than that - I haven't been following the newsgroup as closely as I used to, so I never caught any of the previous discussions when this might have come up. I'm certainly not "treading on a racial issue" as you say in your message.

    All the best,

    Ivan

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message news:u8TQDbOIFHA.3072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [...]
    > : > | : that
    > : > | : | : goes way
    > : > | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR still
    > : > | : thinks
    > : > | : | : he can
    > : > | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him because
    > : > of
    > : > | : it.
    > : > | : | : This is
    > : > | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look forward to
    > : > | : hearing a
    > : > | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    > : > | : | : >
    > : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    > : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > : > | : | : > :
    > : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    So, either Dan is Artwilder, and vice-versa... Or s/he's a very talented
    Identity Thief.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

> [...]
    > Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
    >
    > My first training in programming was BASIC on my Dad's IBM PCjr that
    he
    > owned. We still have that machine. It was so nice to get the
    computer to
    > play music and flash colors and create simple programs.

    > Art:
    >
    > "Spamyou"
    > "Started when I was 7"
    > "Dad bought me a PCjr"
    > "Dad taught me Basic"
    > "I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic music."
    >
    > Dan:
    >
    > "Spamyou"
    > "Started when I was 7"
    > "Dad bought me a PCjr"
    > "Dad taught me Basic"
    > "It was so nice to get the computer to play music and flash colors"

    > "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Well the truth will set you free as they say. Art Wilder was my roomate and
    I posted on his computer and so it came under his name. I was ashamed of
    some of my earlier comments and also when Art Wilder moved to the West side
    of town I started posting on my machine. My name is Dan or Danny or Daniel
    and I apologize for all the misunderstanding. I hope you all can have it in
    your heart, soul, body and spirit to forgive this man who has not been
    entirely truthful and has lied from time to time in this issue and others in
    real life because of fear and rejection. May we all have a fresh start and
    allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my current mistakes
    and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer. Thank you Ivan
    and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary for helping
    me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under some strain
    recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying to take my
    identity. I will go into more details if you like and please have patience
    and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in your heart to
    forgive me? <???> :< :(

[...]
    : ======================================================
    : From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
    :
    : Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    : Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST
    :
    : As I have previously mentioned, my
    : interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
    : PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
    : it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
    : It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
    : example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
    : music.
    : ======================================================
    : From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    :
    : Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    : Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST
    :
    : I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my dad
    : bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
    : BASIC programming.
    :
    : From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    :
    : Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    : Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
    :
    : **************************************************************
    :
    : "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
    :
    :
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    All is forgiven, please see my post and please forgive me.

    "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    : Dan,
    :
[...]
    : > : >
    : > : > --
    : > : > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > : > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > : > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > : > should things get worse after this,
    : > : > PCR
    : > : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > : > news:OO0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : > : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
    : > : > upstanding
    : > : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right <???>
    : > : > |
    : > : > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : > : > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > : > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
    : > : > | :
    : > : > | : --
    : > : > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : > : > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : > : > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : > : > | : should things get worse after this,
    : > : > | : PCR
    : > : > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : > : > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : > : > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : > : > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved
    and
    : > : > happy
    : > : > | : that
    : > : > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope
    the
    : > : > same
    : > : > | : is true
    : > : > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
    : > : > | : |
[...]
    : > : > | : | :
    : > : > | : | : --
[...]
    : > : > | : | : >
    : > : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    : > : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : > : > | : | : > :
    : > : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    : > : > | : | : > :
    : > : > | : | : > : Uh Oh,.......
    : > : > | : | : > : What have I done now?
    : > : > | : | : > :
    : > : > | : | : > : regards Jane
    : > : > | : | : > :
    : > : > | : | : > :
    : > : > | : | : >
    : > : > | : | : >
    : > : > | : | :
    : > : > | : |
    : > : > | : |
    : > : > | :
    : > : > | :
    : > : > |
    : > : > |
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : >
    : >
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Dan is Dan and Dan posted on ArtWilder's computer so it came up with his
    name.

[...]
    : > ======================================================
    : > From: Art (smileart@spamyou.net)
    : >
    : > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    : > Date: 2004-05-01 09:56:16 PST
    : >
    : > As I have previously mentioned, my
    : > interest in computers started when I was seven and my Dad bought a
    : > PCjr. This computer was mainly for him but I was very interested in
    : > it. He taught me how to program in BASIC which I throughly enjoyed.
    : > It was so simplistic yet you still could do some cool things. For
    : > example, I liked to flash colors on the screen and play very basic
    : > music.
    : > ======================================================
    : > From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    : >
    : > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    : > Date: 2005-02-10 09:18:28 PST
    : >
    : > I am also a programmer and started out when I was 7 years old when my
    : dad
    : > bought our household an IBM-PCjr and began teaching me
    : > BASIC programming.
    : >
    : > From: Dan (spamyou@user.nec)
    : >
    : > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    : > Date: 2005-02-11 18:51:35 PST
    : >
[...]
    : > **************************************************************
    : >
    : > "Mannerisms" ?? If you say so. Coincidental mannerisms..........
    : >
    : >
    :
  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man can
    turn white!

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | Well Ivan, I do not care if you do not believe that my housemate's
    name was
    | Art Wilder and we went to the same evangelical Christian church. Art
    also
    | likes computers and you know how when you live together you pick up
    each
    | others mannerisms. Anyway, we were on the same network so our IP
    address is
    | the same. You and Mae can think what you like but Art is a black man
    and Dan
    | is a white man. You seem to be treading on a racial issue here and I
    am
    | saddened to see you do not trust me but you and mae can think what you
    like
    | and I hope you feel like issuing an apology because I am insulted.
    Anyway,
    | since I am a Christian I will forgive you and make peace with myself.
    | Goodbye!
    |
    | "Ivan Bútora" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    | : Well, I see the good old fun still continues in this newsgroup.
    | : Artwilder, since when did you change your name to Dan?
    | : IB
    | :
    | : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : > No comment, as I have reached the limit of posts Colorado can
    abide.
    | : >
    | : > --
    | : > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : > should things get worse after this,
    | : > PCR
    | : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : > news:OO0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
    | : > upstanding
    | : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right
    <???>
    | : > |
> [...]
    | : > | : | : goes way
    | : > | : | : > back before the dawn of time (I am exaggerating) and PCR
    still
    | : > | : thinks
    | : > | : | : he can
    | : > | : | : > insult Gary and Gary has ignored him and plunked him
    because
    | : > of
    | : > | : it.
    | : > | : | : This is
    | : > | : | : > the way that I see it but I may be wrong and look
    forward to
    | : > | : hearing a
    | : > | : | : > correction from PCR and Gary.
    | : > | : | : >
    | : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    | : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | : > | : | : > :
    | : > | : | : > : > You still have permission to mention his name?
    | : > | : |
    | : > | : |
    | : > | :
    | : > | :
    | : > |
    | : > |
    | : >
    | : >

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Can you and Gary make up now that I have come clean?

[...]
    : | : > --
    : | : > Thanks or Good Luck,
    : | : > There may be humor in this post, and,
    : | : > Naturally, you will not sue,
    : | : > should things get worse after this,
    : | : > PCR
    : | : > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : | : > "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : | : > news:OO0ShCEIFHA.2356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    : | : > | No PCR, time to give it a rest and make peace with Gary. A fine
    : | : > upstanding
    : | : > | person of your moral fiber is surely able to do this -- Right
    : <???>
    : | : > |
    : | : > | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | : > | news:%23oRNsG2HFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : | : > | : He hasn't called me an upstart yet, right?
    : | : > | :
    : | : > | : --
    : | : > | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    : | : > | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    : | : > | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    : | : > | : should things get worse after this,
    : | : > | : PCR
    : | : > | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    : | : > | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : | : > | : news:eEInIIwHFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : | : > | : | Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I am sure glad, relieved
    : and
    : | : > happy
    : | : > | : that
    : | : > | : | there is not underlying tension between you and PCR. I hope
    : the
    : | : > same
    : | : > | : is true
    : | : > | : | about PCR and Hugh Candlin. Have a great night. <zzz> <s>
    : | : > | : |
[...]
    : | : > | : | :
    : | : > | : | : --
[...]
    : | : > | : | : >
    : | : > | : | : > "jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
    : | : > | : | : > news:e9CYWlkHFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : | : > | : | : > :
[...]
  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Peace be with you, PCR.

[...]
  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
    Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...

    I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
    if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
    the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
    Toolbars, Address".

    --

    | Well the truth will set you free as they say. Art Wilder was my
    roomate and
    | I posted on his computer and so it came under his name. I was ashamed
    of
    | some of my earlier comments and also when Art Wilder moved to the West
    side
    | of town I started posting on my machine. My name is Dan or Danny or
    Daniel
    | and I apologize for all the misunderstanding. I hope you all can have
    it in
    | your heart, soul, body and spirit to forgive this man who has not been
    | entirely truthful and has lied from time to time in this issue and
    others in
    | real life because of fear and rejection. May we all have a fresh
    start and
    | allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my current
    mistakes
    | and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer. Thank you
    Ivan
    | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary for
    helping
    | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under some
    strain
    | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying to
    take my
    | identity. I will go into more details if you like and please have
    patience
    | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in your
    heart to
    | forgive me? <???> :< :(

    | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man
    can
    | : turn white!
    ....snip
  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your points about
    Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button issue.

[...]
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I meant your points about Gary annoyed me and perhaps Gary or Hugh can help
    you with the go button concern.

    : I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your points about
    : Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button issue.
    :
    : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : news:OraRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : : So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
    : : Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
    : :
    : : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
    : : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
    : : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
    : : Toolbars, Address".
    : :
    : :
    : : --
[...]
    : : |
    : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a black man
    : : can
    : : | : turn white!
    : : ...snip
    : :
    : :
    :
    :
  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    They're annoyed at me too. Odd, I don't see the post of mine you are
    responding to, except in your response. I mean the one beginning: "So,
    you really are Dan...". It used to be only Brian A.was afflicted with
    that ill!

    --
> [...]
    | : : | allow me to continue as a poster and not be judged for my
    current
    | : : mistakes
    | : : | and my past mistakes when posting on ArtWilder's computer.
    Thank you
    | : : Ivan
    | : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and Gary
    for
    | : : helping
    | : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been under
    some
    | : : strain
    | : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been trying
    | : : take my
    | : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and please
    have
    | : : patience
    | : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it in
    | : : |
    | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
    black man
    | : : can
    | : : | : turn white!
    | : : ...snip
    | : :
    | : :
    | :
    | :

  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Does Brian A. use XP PRO. as well? If that is the case do you think it is
    something to do with XP PRO. <goofy smile>

[...]
    : | : :
    : | : : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17
    : days/nights,
    : | : : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO
    : button on
    : | : : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk
    : Toolbar,
    : | : : Toolbars, Address".
    : | : :
    : | : :
    : | : : --
[...]
    : | : : |
    : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
    : black man
    : | : : can
    : | : : | : turn white!
    : | : : ...snip
    : | : :
    : | : :
    : | :
    : | :
    : |
    : |
    :
    :
  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I don't recall the outcome of that, &, anyway, I sure don't use it!

    --
> [...]
    | : Thank you
    | : | : : Ivan
    | : | : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae and
    Gary
    | : for
    | : | : : helping
    | : | : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have been
    under
    | : some
    | : | : : strain
    | : | : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been
    trying
    | : | : : take my
    | : | : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and
    please
    | : have
    | : | : : patience
    | : | : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have it
    | : | : : |
    | : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
    | : black man
    | : | : : can
    | : | : : | : turn white!
    | : | : : ...snip
    | : | : :
    | : | : :
    | : | :
    | : | :
    | : |
    | : |
    | :
    | :

  46. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    I do not know why your computer does that. Perhaps Brian A. can tell you or
    someone else about it or maybe your ISP will tell you if you ask them.

[...]
    : | : |
    : | : | "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    : | : | news:uqT6zJbIFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    : | : | : I never plonked you, PCR -- I just threatened to because your
    : points
    : | : about
    : | : | : Gary annoyed you. Perhaps, Hugh can help you with the go button
    : | : issue.
    : | : | :
    : | : | : "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | : | : news:OraRf1aIFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    : | : | : : So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art
    : | : Wilder?
    : | : | : : Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
    : | : | : :
    : | : | : : I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17
    : | : days/nights,
    : | : | : : if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO
    : | : button on
    : | : | : : the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk
    : | : Toolbar,
    : | : | : : Toolbars, Address".
    : | : | : :
    : | : | : :
    : | : | : : --
[...]
    : | : | : : |
    : | : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    : | : | : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : | : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has proven a
    : | : black man
    : | : | : : can
    : | : | : : | : turn white!
    : | : | : : ...snip
    : | : | : :
    : | : | : :
    : | : | :
    : | : | :
    : | : |
    : | : |
    : | :
    : | :
    : |
    : |
    :
    :
  47. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Right click on either side of the address bar and put a check next to Go
    Button.

    --

    Brian A.

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
    > Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
    >
    > I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17 days/nights,
    > if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button on
    > the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk Toolbar,
    > Toolbars, Address".
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
  48. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Can I have plonked myself!? I STILL don't see it!

    --
    | I do not know why your computer does that. Perhaps Brian A. can tell
    you or
    | someone else about it or maybe your ISP will tell you if you ask them.

    | : I don't recall the outcome of that, &, anyway, I sure don't use it!
    | :
    | : --
    | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : should things get worse after this,
    | : PCR
    | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : news:eTwoVYhIFHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    | : | Does Brian A. use XP PRO. as well? If that is the case do you
    think
    | : it is
    | : | something to do with XP PRO. <goofy smile>
    | : |
    | : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | news:%23fCGy2fIFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | : | : They're annoyed at me too. Odd, I don't see the post of mine you
    are
    | : | : responding to, except in your response. I mean the one
    beginning:
    | : "So,
    | : | : you really are Dan...". It used to be only Brian A.was afflicted
    | : with
    | : | : that ill!
    | : | :
    | : | :
    | : | : --
    | : | : Thanks or Good Luck,
    | : | : There may be humor in this post, and,
    | : | : Naturally, you will not sue,
    | : | : should things get worse after this,
    | : | : PCR
    | : | : pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | : | : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote in message
    | : | : news:uv3lcdcIFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | : | : | I meant your points about Gary annoyed me and perhaps Gary or
    Hugh
    | : can
    | : | : help
    | : | : | you with the go button concern.
    | : | : |
> [...]
    | : | : | : : Ivan
    | : | : | : : | and Hugh for helping me see the Truth. Thank you Mae
    and
    | : Gary
    | : | : for
    | : | : | : : helping
    | : | : | : : | me. Thank you Robear and PCR for everything. I have
    been
    | : under
    | : | : some
    | : | : | : : strain
    | : | : | : : | recently regarding someone(or many people) who have been
    | : trying
    | : | : | : : take my
    | : | : | : : | identity. I will go into more details if you like and
    | : please
    | : | : have
    | : | : | : : patience
    | : | : | : : | and mercy on me a fallen fallible man. Can you all have
    | : | : | : : |
    | : | : | : : | "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
    | : | : | : : | news:OADzzJaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | : | : | : : | : That doesn't prove anything! Michael Jackson has
    proven a
    | : | : black man
    | : | : | : : can
    | : | : | : : | : turn white!
    | : | : | : : ...snip
    | : | : | : :
    | : | : | : :
    | : | : | :
    | : | : | :
    | : | : |
    | : | : |
    | : | :
    | : | :
    | : |
    | : |
    | :
    | :

  49. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    In IE, I will get that option for a GO button. But, the Address Bar on
    the Desktop Toolbar does not present one. Neither does the Address Bar
    in Explorer. The best I get is an option to turn off/on the entire
    Address Bar.

    --
    "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    | Right click on either side of the address bar and put a check next to
    Go
    | Button.
    |
    | --
    |
    | Brian A.
    |
    | Conflicts start where information lacks.
    | http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    | > So, you really are Dan, Danny, & Daniel now, instead of Art Wilder?
    | > Well, I have given my terms elsewhere...
    | >
    | > I can promise I will make no stupid jokes about him for 17
    days/nights,
    | > if he will unplonk me. Also, he must tell me how to get a GO button
    on
    | > the Address Bar that is on my Toolbar, the one got by "R-Clk
    Toolbar,
    | > Toolbars, Address".
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,